“Paradise in the sun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #177 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Tessenderlo, Limburg, Belgium
“Paradise in the sun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

In July I spend 6 days at Menara Palace in Marrakech with my 16 year old daughter.
We had a fabulous time. The hotel is great, extremely clean, very spacious rooms, delicious food.
The only thing that bothered me a bit was the staff. I was travelling alone with my daughter and some of the female staff in the bars were very rude. While I was waiting to order some drinks they acted as if I was not standing there at all and served the male customers first. A bit a cultural shock for western people. But anyway, our stay was just great !!

Room Tip: All rooms are TOP !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Guest Cathy H,

I am annoyed to read that you were bothered a bit during your stay in the hotel I manage, the Kenzi Menara Palace, because of an unfortunate error committed by a female staff in the bar, not respecting the basic protocol of the proprieties.

On the other hand, I note that you are very satisfied of your stay, and your daughter and yourself appreciated the class of the hotel, the cleanliness, as well as the quality of restaurants.

Your conclusion summarizes very clearly your general feeling: “our stay was just great!!”

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

René BAIADA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I travel a lot and I prefer hôtels proposing the all inclusive. Le Menara Palace is the best in Marrakech : food and beverage, rooms and service are good. Location is perfect to spend quite holidays. I found this place through friends of mine and I can say that now I am seduce and became a regular customer of this charming place.

Stayed July 2014
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest Clotilde,

To begin my answer to your very pleasant comment sent to the site of Tripadvisor, I would like to make you a confession: I am very sensitive to the reputation of the hotel which was confided to me and I appreciate very much the guests who translate their satisfaction by repetitive stays.

Very dear Clotilde you had endeed fill both my expectations.

Thank you of your loyalty and please return as often as possible. Kenzi Menara Palace is your home.

Awaiting the pleasure of receiving you again,

Best regards.

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have only just returned from a weeks stay here and all I can say was it was exceptional
Rooms were very big and kept clean every day, free wifi through the whole hotel (which never cut out may I add) pool area lovely nice large cool pool may I add they don't let you reserve sunbed which is good so everyone can have a lie in however if you leave your towel then go to breakfast your towels will be gone on returning
Good excellent as I am a fussy eaten loads of fresh meat cakes galore an nothing to much trouble for the chefs and waiter staff
Yes Morocco is very much a French speaking country however most staff can speak basic English some a lot better than others but if you try and learn a few simple French phrases (please, thank you excuse me etc) this goes a long way
Had a massage and hammam in the spa excellent treatments and value for money
Hotel was amazing and so was Morocco some incredible things to see I would defiantly return here

• Stayed July 2014
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Hannah H,

The title you used in the very kind comment you share on the Tripadvisor site, is simply fabulous to qualify the recent stay you spent in Marrakech : “Absolute bliss” . You give me the most magnificent compliment and, dear Guest,I thank you very much.

You are right, bedrooms and bathrooms of the Kenzi Menara Palace are exceptional, big and very clean and are perfectly equipped.

The WIFI access is free through the whole hotel.

I am satisfied that you appreciated the impossibility to reserve deckchairs or sunbeds if you are not present around the swimming pool.

Also, you liked the food of the establishment, particularly fresh meat cake galore.

Finally, you loved hammam and massage that you qualified of excellent treatments and value for money.
As you said yourself “I would defiantly return here”, I am waiting to have this pleasure

Best regards

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I don't know how to some up this holiday it was one to remember I travel quiet a bit this was first class service I stayed here a few months back! But only just made a trip advisor account and had to leave a good reveiw I loved every moment a great location staff members going over n beyond to help and make you feel at home extremely safe as it was just me and my friend both being young girls they took so much care of us advised us on all the safe and good locations to go, thank you so much to staff members for goig beyond the limits! Extremely clean only thing would be is the meals were abit bland but something that wasn't really an issue as we ate out a lot breakfast was lovely

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Guest Lemiakah,

I am very happy to have had the luck to receive you in the Kenzi Menara Palace for the stay that you spent in Marrakesh.

I thank you for your choice of this hotel.

I notice that you appreciate your stay very much and that you are satisfied by all the staff, in each department, which knew how to give you the good information and the sensible advices.

Also, you liked the breakfast which is varied and fresh.

Looking forward to receiving you again.

Yours faithfully

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My partner and i stayed here for a weeks holiday 17th july. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, i dont know why other reviews are moaning about the staff?! they were really friendly and helpful, spoke good english! especially the girls on the desk and Cherif the conceirge man. room was spacious and very very clean - we upgraded to the suite! the bed was soo big! food was great - i couldnt resist having a chocolate cupcake each morning for breakfast they were amazing. pool is gorgeous, plenty of beds and loungers to chose from. hotel cleaners never stopped and were so friendly and always said hello. we had such a relaxing week it was so nice and calm. if i had to fault it at all, it would be that people are allowed to smoke indoors - being a none smoker this was really obvious to me but it defo didnt ruin the holiday. we would not hesitate in returning or recommending :) it was great!

Room Tip: try and get a room with a pool view of the atlas mountains!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura B.,

We thank you for choosing Kenzi Menara Palace for your recent holidays in Marrakech and for having written that pleasant comment on Tripadvisor.

I’m glad that you have appreciated our staff skills in general and especially Cherif’s.

I have excellent news for you: the hotel just opened a new swimming pool since July 27th just next to the flowery and well maintained gardens. Now our customers are having more places to relax and enjoy the sun in complete peace.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon

P.S.: some delicious chocolate cupcakes will be waiting for you in your next breakfast in Marrakech.

Bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel with very friendly staff in all departments except the pool bar staff who make you feel totally unwelcome, from ordering a drink to ordering food it is unpleasant experience, some one in the management needs to remind them they are in the hospitality trade and all of the holiday makers their are paying there wages and without them they would not have a job!! May be a few shifts on the wash up will do them some good.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Guest Steve1967/1964,

I have just received your comment left on Tripadvisor web site and thank you very much for helping us to improve our hotel quality services.

I noticed that you had enjoyed your stay in Kenzi Menara Palace and was delighted to read the compliments to all departments.

For the pool bar staff, I have immediately took some measures following your kind suggestions.

Looking forward to being able to welcome you again

Directeur Général
Somerset, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was a large functional hotel outside of the main Marrakesh city but close enough to travel in by taxi or the courtesy bus. Entertainment staff were incredibly enthusiastic and friendly. The restaurants were not great but adequate - food on offer in Marrakesh itself is far better value and standard. Drinks expensive and pool bar food monotonous.
Left some items (Nike trainers and hat) in our room and rang the following day. Very impressed to learn that the staff had handed them in to housekeeping who arranged for us to collect on way back to airport. That would definitely not have been the case in many other hotels so 5 stars to the staff for honesty.

Room Tip: We overlooked restaurant and felt we had little privacy - rather dark and airless.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear guest Sharon Somerset,
Thank you to have chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to come and spend your holidays to Marrakech and to share with us the enjoyments of Ramadan during this period.
You appreciated all the departments of the hotel and, my collaborators join me to thank you for it.
You are right to say that the location of the hotel is completely comfortable, slightly outside to avoid the nuisances of the city center, but rather close for the shuttle several times a day.
I am happy of your compliment for items left in your room and that you were able to find then.
A très bientôt to have the opportunity to welcome you again.
Yours faithfully

René Baiada
Directeur Général

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!