“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #183 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Hebden bridge
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Excellent hotel, couldn't really fault it. Stayed for 4 nights in november and had a lovely stay, nice pool area, wonderful breakfasts and the shuttle service into town very useful and always on time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Nicola S

I am pleased to read the comment that you kindly leave the site Tripadvasor following the stay that you spent in the beautiful hotel that I run.
If I read correctly, you were with us in November 2013, and you definitely enjoyed beautiful sunny days at the pool (Olympic size), surrounded by very green gardens.
I am pleased that you liked especially the breakfasts which I have asked to make special efforts on the variety of products on display, their freshness, quality, all to satisfy all tastes.
I will look forward to your next stay in Marrakech, in my nice Palace.
As the opportunity arises, I am pleased to present you my best wishes for 2014.
Please accept my best regards.

Directeur Général

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Bogotá, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed here because a conference was taking place in the hotel. The location was, I guess, fine (10 minutes to the Medina etc) but I would have liked to stay near or at the city rather than in the outskirts.
The hotel is spotlessly clean, very nice and my room was very spacious. Internet worked well. Breakfast, for some reason, was plentiful but I didn't find it very good (maybe I'm not used to that type of food).
One funny thing was that the pool was only open during the time that I had to work (after 9 am and until 5 or 6pm) so it was impossible to use it at any point during my stay! Pity...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear carlosfpardo

I am very happy to read your comment that you made on the site Tripadvasor and learn that your stay was very well in our hotel palace .
According to your description, the Kenzi Menara Palace adapts very well to customers who come in for a conference or seminar , or to individual clients seeking vacation relaxation, rest , and succeed in shape.
I see that you liked the breakfast is plentiful adapted to everyone's taste , but service oriented service person since eggs " as you prefer " are prepared in front of you on demand.
For the outdoor heated pool, I 'm sorry we were not able to reach your expectations. In fact, until 9am the lifeguard carries out regular maintenance of this basin , you may have noticed , has quite exceptional dimensions. You're right, it is a pity that you did not take advantage probably for your next stay in Marrakech.
Thank you for choosing Kenzi Menara Palace, and waiting to see you again soon please accept my most sincere greetings.

Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a very nice place with the largest rooms I've ever been in. They are also clean, very modern, good sober taste and things work nicely.
However, the people working here are not the most friendly and you always have the sense that you are bothering them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Iggy_in_C

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all Tripadvisor’s visitors.
what do we have to do or not do to inspire such a feeling. welcoming you is our privilege and a great pleasure.
we sincerely regret not having done you feel it is a mistake on our part. when you return we will do much better we promise.

Looking forward to welcome you again for another relaxing time at the Kenzi Menara Palace.

Darlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I don't really write reviews, but there are some pretty mixed reviews for this hotel and I didn't know what to expect when we were moved to this hotel after ours was overbooked.
The hotel is lovely, its on a large site, its secure and private. The pool is large and clean, the 3 restaurants are all of good standard.
Picking up on some of the points I read before we went -
- The airport taxi was 20EUR late at night, pretty non-negotiable. The driver didn't hassle for a tip, didn't try to rip us off, and was friendly enough. (It was 10EUR return from a taxi in the hotel car park.
- The staff were NOT rude to us. They were all very polite and friendly and nothing was too much for them. They do not expect tips.
- The room was large, clean and serviced daily. We looked over the gardens and it was quiet. The TV was all in French but there was a large on demand section of films.
- We were all inclusive and wore the band so the bar / restaurant staff knew. We were treat well by the staff who would bring drinks to the table / pool lounger.
- The wifi was more than fast enough and available throughout the hotel and pool. It was around 2MB/S - enough for us to Skype home to the children on a night, check facebook/twitter. Granted it wouldnt be enough to run a company on, but you're in africa on holiday - come on!
- Food was available all day and was of a satisfactory standard. I'm not a fussy eater but if I was (or if the kids had been with us) I might have struggled - a lot of food cooked in tagines! The pool bar was handy with its burgers and pizza.
- 5 minutes walk down the road was a medium sized shopping centre, it had a few shops, a supermarket, a dominos pizza, pizza hut, burger bar, chinese, Italian Virgin Cafe.
- The shuttle to Jemaa El Fna runs 3 times each way per day. We nearly didn't go but I'm glad we did - it was certainly an experience!
I'd certainly recommend this hotel. I probably won't go back as there's a lot of the world to see, but if I was in need of some winter sun I'd suggest Marrakech and this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are still set back a long way off the pool so would be fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear meispete

I’m glad to see that staff’s hotel has been helpful and available ensurinf unforgettable moments for you and your family.
Many thanks for all your compliments, about the pool, the restaurants and our wonderful rooms.

Glossop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a cheap trip to Marrakech, a place I always wanted to see, and the hotel was a perfect base, calm and quiet, in lovely gardens with a nice pool. The staff were all friendly and had time to talk. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. There is a spacious and comfortable bar where we would have enjoyed our evening drink if there hadn't been a very loud singer with electronic backing competing with piped music from the other end. We were saved by the discovery of a Carrefour supermarket - exit through the back entrance and its just down the road - where you can get beer and wine. We got picnic stuff from there as well rather than using the hotel restaurants which though lovely were empty at this time of year. There is a shuttle bus to town which was totally reliable but stops at 7 p.m. so if you want to enjoy the night market it's 80 dirhams for a taxi.

Dear Susan O

I’m happy to note that you have enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms, the pool and the restaurants.
Your comment shows clearly that you have been warmly welcomed by our staff who did the best to offer you an unforgettable holiday at the Kenzi Menara Palace.
Hope will have the chance to receive you again in our hotel for another lovely time

Dana Point, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

During our recent Morocco tour we decided to upgrade our hotels versus those suggested by the tour company. The sofitel in Casablanca was incredible and the Sofitel in Fez was wonderful but this choice in Marrakesh was a big mistake.
Staff really rude, on our way to the first room they showed us all the stairways and halls were dark, even the bell boy needed a flashlight. Room faced the street and was noisy. We asked to change and their attitude changed from rude to obnoxious! Complained to the GM and finally received extra pillows and coffee for the room and changed our two night stay into one. returned early to Casablanca and went back to the Sofitel

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Steven M

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all tripadvisor’s visitors.
I do not understand what has to disturb you during your stay with us; you asked to be change rooms and it was done and on the pillows and coffee are in all rooms: extra pillows in the closet and coffee near the mini bar.
not prevented I would be very happy if you contact me personally and to describe accurately what you disturb; Here below my email address:
relationpublic-menarapalace@kenzi-hotels.com

Willenhall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We booked our holiday at the last minute and I have to say it was fabulous. The hotel is beautiful and the weather was amazing. I can't understand the problems people are having with the staff, I speak s little French and that was very much appreciated in the bars and led to lots of conversations with the staff. The food was generally very good, especially the desserts, but there is a lot of olive oil used so if you're not a fan, you may get a bit fed up with it by the end of your stay. The internet did drop out occasionally but I found it a small matter of putting a simple code in. Ideally situated for the airport and the attractions of marrakech. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone - it gave us a honeymoon to remember

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Dawn1512

I would like to thank you for chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace for your recent stay in Marrakech, and for your time spent to write your comment posted on Tripadvasor.
I am very proud of the wonderful manicured gardens, luxurious and spacious rooms, beautiful swimming pool and buffet breakfast varied and plentiful, have responded well to your expectations.
Thank you for all the compliments to the staff especially the concierge and spa.
Looking forward to welcome you again for another relaxing time at the kenzi Menara Palace.

Directeur Général

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!