This is a fantastic hotel with great staff. I have just come back from a lovely 2 week break with my husband and they could not have done any more to make our stay special.
We chose it after extensive research on tripadvisor, so thank you fellow travellers for your feedback. One of the main reasons I eventually chose this hotel though (as not all reviews were positive) was the fact that the hotel director takes the time to respond personally to all feedback on this site. I felt that this showed good attention to detail and that was a very good starting point, I was not disappointed, this same attention to detail is evident everywhere - the hotel is very well kept, beautifully clean and all of the staff friendly and helpful. The hotel director takes the time to walk around the hotel, introducing himself to guests and requesting feedback. We had no reason to complain about anything with the hotel but I am confident that if we had, it would have been quickly addressed. We were particularly impressed with Najib in the Italian restaurant and Salhome(?) in the pool bar but the service was great everywhere. The whole concierge team were also fantastic, they gave us good advice on what to see and seamlessly sorted us out with a Sahara trip booking when First Choice/Thomson let us down at the last minute by cancelling the trip that we had booked with them. The concierge guys also drive the shuttle bus which is a great way to get into Marrakesh itself (just 10 minutes) and was always there on time to pick us up again when we had had enough! It would have been good if there was a slightly later shuttle bus run (last return is 19.15) to allow for some time in Marrakesh in the evening, but a taxi isn't expensive so not a huge problem. The hotel helped us out again on our last day when First Choice forgot to pick us up for our airport transfer, at my request they phoned our rep and then provided the hotel shuttle bus and a concierge to take us to the airport so that we didn't miss our flight.
Our room was fantastic, we had requested a quiet room with good views of the Atlas mountains and the room that we were allocated was quiet, beautifully appointed and with both pool and Atlas mountain views.
We used both the Moroccan and the Italian restaurants, the food was great in both, although I personally preferred the food in the Italian. The ambience is special in the Moroccan, you are seated on Moroccan sofa-style seating, in a nicely partitioned space with traditional musicians playing live music. The ambience is less good in the Italian as it is a large room with no partitions and 'muzac', but you can watch the chefs at work if you like through a large glass window into the kitchen and the food is fabulous, especially the ice cream and sorbet:-)
The buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner was also excellent with a good variety of dishes both Moroccan and European. It was always clean and well presented. We were able to have breakfast outside on the terrace in the first week which was lovely but after that it was a little too cool, but there was good heating inside the restaurant. The pool bar/restaurant is also perfect for a light lunch and the food there is freshly cooked to order.
We were on all inclusive but we did tip. People always thanked us and we never felt like it was expected, when on a couple of occasions we didn't have change so couldn't tip we still got great service the next time, so we didn't have any problem with tipping.
One feature I really liked was the pool service. Towels were provided rolled up on the loungers. to occupy a lounger you just rolled out the towel. I haven't come across this approach before and loved the fact you didn't have to carry your beach towel around with you, especially once it was wet! The pool itself is huge and kept clean - we watched the pool guy hard at work cleaning it every morning, One word of warning though the outside pool is not heated, it gets cold at night in November and that meant that although the day temperature was lovely, the pool itself was cold. The hotel is only 10 mins from the airport which is a great short transfer although it is just off the flight path, you only notice planes when outside and its not really disturbing, we didn't mind it but I thought I'd mention it as some people do.
In summary we loved this hotel, we loved Marrakesh and we loved Morocco, but we were really pleased to be staying away from the madness of the Medina in this beautiful hotel. The place is amazing and we found the people welcoming and charming. We got back on Tuesday and I'm already trying to work out how soon we can return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, WHM Global Ltd., Odigeo, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and Venere so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech