“EXCELLENT BASE FOR MARRAKECH VISIT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #201 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT BASE FOR MARRAKECH VISIT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed here end of October beginning of November 2013 and really enjoyed our stay. I don't understand some of the negative comments regarding staff and can only surmise you get out what you put in.
I have stayed at a hotel before where the staff in the restaurant were really bad and the Kenzi is nothing like that. the staff were helpful friendly without being pushy or obtrusive.
Yes you do have to tip but this is the norm for Morrocco and most hotels.

We walked into the centre and square from the hotel with a 4 yr old and had a lovely walk although it took 40 mins just taking our time. Most of the walk was through a garden being developed behind the hotel which was lovely - great views and fountains.

There is also a shopping mall behind the hotel 2 mins walk away with a food court with lots of brands, pizza hut, dominos etc so loads of choice for food if kids want pizza for a change.
every where was very safe and even with a 4 yr old and 12 yr old no issues at all.

The one exception which has also been commented on previously on trip advisor is the cashier. She (female) was very dishonest - she tried to rip us off when exchanging money, until my husband asked for a calculator then she tried to cover up - apparently this is not the first time this has happened. This is a shame as it gives distrust and the hotel should really do something about this in terms of training staff and making it clear this ruins the reputation of the hotel with 1 small act. This woman brings the reputation of other staff into question which is not fair on them.

One other thing which needs addressing and needs to be made more clear is that when you book it is not necessarily all inclusive as the title of the hotel is misleading and is not in fact the name. The hotel name is 'Kenzi Menara Palace signature' and not 'all inclusive premium ' this leads to a false expectation.
The price is actually very good for what it is, so why spoil the experience and put themselves in a difficult position from the start by having the guest believe they have booked all inclusive when they have not.

The facilities were very good and we certainly other than the cashier experienced none of the difficulties reported on trip advisor with the staff. we would stay again for sure and plan to bring the family with us.

Room Tip: We had a family room facing the road which was not an issue for noise. 2 rooms which were both huge...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just before departing for Marrakesh I read some of the latest reviews on tripadvisor and was worried that we were going to have a testing time at the Kenzi Menara. Never further from the truth. We used our transfer day from Medina based Riad to out of town hotel the Kenzi to take a trip into the High Atlas and arrived rather hot and dusty execting a lenghty check in. Not at all. We were immediately sat in comfortable chairs and our check in was very swift and easy with all details listed in our booking observed.
During our three nights at the hotel we utilised room service which was a little slow but the food was superb. We spend time around the pool which is immense with the most comfortable loungers and enjoyed lunch at the pool bar. The breakfast buffet each morning was fantastic with excellent service on served hot drinks. We dined one evening at the traditional Moroccan restaurant which was first class and ended a couple of evenings with a coffee from the main bar. We also used the free shuttle into the medina. All excellent.

All staff were courteous, friendly and helpful (bar the total jobsworth I encountered at check out but don't think his attitude should spoil all the hard work undertaken by his colleagues). The concierge team were excellent, nothing was too much bother and every question answered.

The room was large with excellent facilities and don't miss a stroll around the garden which is planted with palms, flowers and pomegranates - quite wonderful.

I am quite happily recommending this hotel as an excellent out of town base for couples, friends and families. Like us it is great twinned with a few days in a Riad first so that you can enjoy both 'living' in Marrakech and then winding down with a few days at the Kenzi for rest and relaxation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Marina M

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent journey in Marrakech.
I’m happy to note that you have enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms, the pool and the restaurants.
Your comment shows clearly that you have been warmly welcomed by our staff who did the best to offer you an unforgettable holiday at the Kenzi Menara Palace.
Hope will have the chance to receive you again in our hotel for another lovely time.

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay if you want a modern hotel within a few minutes of the centre. It was 15 mins from the airport (200dr for a car to pick you up for hotel) and about 10 from the medina (on the free shuttle bus). Large pool and plenty of sunbeds around with pool bar, 3 restaurants to choose from, spacious reception and bar area, with large rooms (ours looked on to garden & pool with terrace). Staff were mainly friendly and helpful but sometimes their usual demeanour is just not the same as you might find in UK or US... So don't take it personally! We were on B&B rate and therefore found the restaurants very expensive outside of that but it's because you are on a complex out of town and pretty much a captive audience. The restaurant in hotel next door (crystal) was lovely but even pricier! If you want to eat cheaply then head into medina centre. Petit Taxi home the night we did that was 50dr. There is a carrefour supermarket fairly near if you wanted to get some bits and pieces if you were there for a week or more. Beds were very comfy, room was clean and they provided mineral water every day in the room. Would go again, but check your patio doors close ok if on ground floor - mine was a bit ropey but I felt safe enough on the complex anyway and there was a safe in the room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest RobPristol

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all tripadvsor’s visitors.
We are proud to see that you enjoyed our beautiful gardens, our buildings, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, the diner and the lunch, also the breakfast with all these advantages and these delights.
I am also satisfied to notice that you have to appreciate our very spacious rooms overlooking the amazing Atlas Mountains.

Looking forward to welcome you again for another relaxing time at the kenzi Menara Palace.

Chobham, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our second and final stay... We emailed several times and even phoned to arrange a transfer from the airport as we were arriving in the evening with children... no one came. We phoned on arrival and had to wait 15 mins for a very rickety minibus. Then we had a VERY long wait at reception for our rooms which we had again emailed and phoned ahead to arrange as we wanted adjoining rooms for our children. We had been very obviously lost in the system but there was no gushing apology, and no hot towels as we had been offered last time.
The lovely pool we had admired on our first visit had been poorly maintained and was freezing cold. The paint had flaked off and it all looked quite tatty.
The international restaurant meal we had the first night convinced us to avoid dining in the hotel at all costs. Breakfasts were swift to be cleared away causing several diners to miss it.
The hotel shop was astonishingly expensive.
We had only brought hand luggage and needed to buy sun cream - it was bog standard stuff and £24 a bottle!
Our first visit had been so positive, we felt sad that the hotel seemed to be fading and that the staff really didn't seem to care about disappointing us.

Room Tip: Don't shop in the shop, don't eat in the International restaurant.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear guest Beverly C

I am very pleased to receive your comment for which I thank you very much but mostly I see your loyalty since you were in our beautiful hotel for the second time.
Sincerely thank you for this commitment because it honors our brand.
However , in order to better respond to comments that are valuable for me , I always try to escape a deep analysis of the advice of my dear customers , this method allows me to improve the quality of services of the hotel.
In your document, it is mentioned that you stayed in October 2013 , and the transfer from the airport to the hotel was forgotten.
I've done all the necessary research and have found no evidence to back up your file.
So I ask you a favor , and I will give my personal email and ask you to take the time to give me additional information on your original booking.
So I can correct this error and continue to improve the services of the hotel
Here is my address : renebaiada@kenzi-hotels.com
I am very pleased to have you as our good and loyal customers

delray beach, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in Oct. 2013. Wonderful hotel just 10 minutes from city center by taxi. However hotel has a free shuttle. The outdoor pool is the largest i've ever seen. The hotel is first class in all areas. The health spa is wonderful. The prices are really low compared to US first class hotels.. Had massage, turkish bath, and facial for $126.00. Wonderful, It lasted almost two hours. Besides there is an indoor pool attached to the spa. They serve tea after the massage. The buffet at breakfast and dinner is outstanding . The rooms are very large and equipped with mini bar, coffee, tea. The bath is very large double sinks separate bath and shower and toilet. Rooms have patios with table and chairs. The woods and colors in the room are beautiful. All in all, a great hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same.. can't go wrong with any of them
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest mggilbert,

I would like to thank you for chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace for your recent stay in Marrakech, and for your time spent to write your comment posted on Tripadvasor

I am very proud of the wonderful manicured gardens, luxurious and spacious rooms, beautiful swimming pool and buffet breakfast varied and plentiful, have responded well to your expectations.
Thank you for all the compliments to the staff especially the concierge and spa.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel had its good points and bad points. the good points are as follows:

Hotel is not to far from either the airport or the Medina;
The rooms are nice, spacious, clean and there is a secure safe to store valuables, cash and passports;
there is an interactive TV service where you have access to a decent range of films;
They run a free, regular shuttle bus down to the medina;
They have a lovely Spa facility and a very nice pool where you can chill out and catch some sun;

Now the Bad points:

Whilst the breakfast buffet was good, it was the same every morning with no variation;
The Wifi was ridiculously slow and only seemed to work when in reception or poolside and not in the room;
I politely asked reception if they could have a pair of Kenzi Menara Palace slippers delivered to my room on two occasions but neither pair ever arrived. However when it came to asking for a glass of Ice they were rapid quick in getting a BUCKET of the stuff to me;
I sometimes felt as if the staff & concierge just wanted to get rid of us. When my girlfriend dashed in and asked, as a matter of urgency, for change to pay a taxi we she was told no-one could help, which led to a very helpful gentleman changing it for us;
the Bar food was average at best. The chips were caked in salt and my girlfriends pizza was floating in oil. suffice to say we didn't eat lunch there again;
We weren't informed about the city & tourist tax until we were settling up our room service bill

A great holiday but the hotel could have been better

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest Rourkie,

I would like to thank you for chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace for your recent stay in Marrakech, and for your time spent to write your comment posted on Tripadvisor
I read attentively you review, and happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I’m proud to see that you have appreciated the very spacious rooms overlooking the amazing Atlas Mountains; the localization of the hotel which is close to airport, city center and most attractions of Marrakech, the professionalism of the staff and our lovely spa like you said.
On the buffet we just change the whole composition is more diverse and varied and I am sure that your next return you will notice the difference.
Otherwise for the Wi-Fi I apologize we had a problem of the network general thing which is ruler now
We will be delight to welcome you again in our hotel for your next holiday in Marrakech

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nothing about this hotel screamed 5 stars. The service was average, breakfast buffet was the same everyday and pool bar food was awful. We didn't eat dinner or lunch at the hotel based on the tasteless burger and greasy pizza we had on our first day at the pool side bar.

We converted our GBP into Dirhams at M&S in the UK but realised whilst in a taxi to the hotel that we had been given the AED dirhams and not Moroccan dirhams as requested. We asked reception if they could convert the currency but they said they had ran out of dirhams (hard to believe). I felt I had to beg her to change one AED note so that if could pay the taxi. She obliged after much persuasion.

My partner noticed a few guests had been provided with bedroom slippers. He requested 2 pairs and was told they'd be sent up to our rooms but they didn't arrive!

Excursions are over priced so consider booking them privately and not via the hotel.

What we appreciated:
The spa - we didn't have a massage but used the jacuzzi in the evenings once the sun had set.
Free shuttle service to the medina - this ran frequently and on time until 7pm.
Taxis readily available throughout the day should you miss the shuttle bus or need to head away from the medina but be sure to negotiate your fare beforehand.
Spacious rooms with comfortable beds.
A selection of movies for all ages
Location - equidistance from the medina and airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!