We stayed here end of October beginning of November 2013 and really enjoyed our stay. I don't understand some of the negative comments regarding staff and can only surmise you get out what you put in.
I have stayed at a hotel before where the staff in the restaurant were really bad and the Kenzi is nothing like that. the staff were helpful friendly without being pushy or obtrusive.
Yes you do have to tip but this is the norm for Morrocco and most hotels.
We walked into the centre and square from the hotel with a 4 yr old and had a lovely walk although it took 40 mins just taking our time. Most of the walk was through a garden being developed behind the hotel which was lovely - great views and fountains.
There is also a shopping mall behind the hotel 2 mins walk away with a food court with lots of brands, pizza hut, dominos etc so loads of choice for food if kids want pizza for a change.
every where was very safe and even with a 4 yr old and 12 yr old no issues at all.
The one exception which has also been commented on previously on trip advisor is the cashier. She (female) was very dishonest - she tried to rip us off when exchanging money, until my husband asked for a calculator then she tried to cover up - apparently this is not the first time this has happened. This is a shame as it gives distrust and the hotel should really do something about this in terms of training staff and making it clear this ruins the reputation of the hotel with 1 small act. This woman brings the reputation of other staff into question which is not fair on them.
One other thing which needs addressing and needs to be made more clear is that when you book it is not necessarily all inclusive as the title of the hotel is misleading and is not in fact the name. The hotel name is 'Kenzi Menara Palace signature' and not 'all inclusive premium ' this leads to a false expectation.
The price is actually very good for what it is, so why spoil the experience and put themselves in a difficult position from the start by having the guest believe they have booked all inclusive when they have not.
The facilities were very good and we certainly other than the cashier experienced none of the difficulties reported on trip advisor with the staff. we would stay again for sure and plan to bring the family with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Splendia, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech