Just before departing for Marrakesh I read some of the latest reviews on tripadvisor and was worried that we were going to have a testing time at the Kenzi Menara. Never further from the truth. We used our transfer day from Medina based Riad to out of town hotel the Kenzi to take a trip into the High Atlas and arrived rather hot and dusty execting a lenghty check in. Not at all. We were immediately sat in comfortable chairs and our check in was very swift and easy with all details listed in our booking observed.
During our three nights at the hotel we utilised room service which was a little slow but the food was superb. We spend time around the pool which is immense with the most comfortable loungers and enjoyed lunch at the pool bar. The breakfast buffet each morning was fantastic with excellent service on served hot drinks. We dined one evening at the traditional Moroccan restaurant which was first class and ended a couple of evenings with a coffee from the main bar. We also used the free shuttle into the medina. All excellent.
All staff were courteous, friendly and helpful (bar the total jobsworth I encountered at check out but don't think his attitude should spoil all the hard work undertaken by his colleagues). The concierge team were excellent, nothing was too much bother and every question answered.
The room was large with excellent facilities and don't miss a stroll around the garden which is planted with palms, flowers and pomegranates - quite wonderful.
I am quite happily recommending this hotel as an excellent out of town base for couples, friends and families. Like us it is great twinned with a few days in a Riad first so that you can enjoy both 'living' in Marrakech and then winding down with a few days at the Kenzi for rest and relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Splendia and HotelTravel.com so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech