“Lovely Hotel shame about the food and managerial staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #182 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel shame about the food and managerial staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Beautiful buildings and gardens. Pool bar very good, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
Breakfast was good, excellent choice of breads, fruit ,cereals & fresh juice. Eggs were cooked any way you wanted.Lunches and dinners were let down by the hot food. Whilst the cold buffet, salads,breads,fruit & desserts were very good the cooked meat and veg was overcooked, tough and lukewarm. (As a don't eat salad I became very hungry!!) The bar staff in the main were friendly apart from one lady who didn't like serving all-inclusive guests, she either ignored us or at times was rude. The desciption of the hotel stated that towelling robes were provided for all-inclusive guests. They weren't. when we asked at reception we were told they were busy and didn't have any, but the hotel was by no means full. One night we we woken up by staff wheeling trolleys up and down

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is definitely not a 5* i would put it more at a 3*. Yes they have lovely large rooms, they have a pool and a spa but the service is terrible!!
The concierge were great, i would say the best staff of the hotel, and they did so much to help. But the rest of that staff at the hotel were hopeless!Its would take 30 minutes to receive a towel and cushion for the chairs at the pool. We ordered ice cream and a Creme Brulee from room service which took an hour and when they did show up they forgot the ice cream, the food was tasty however. And the reception staff were always moody and unwilling to help. We asked them if they would contact a restaurant to make a booking for us and they just told us to ring from our room.

Big warning!!!! The cashier also tried to give us less money when doing a currency exchange. He didn't count out the money to us so when i check it i informed him of his mistake, he then tried to say he gave me the right amount, he kept saying he got it right but eventually gave in and gave me the extra 100MAD that he left out. We also went to the bar to get a bottle of water, the girl serving asked us for 30 MAD in cash to which i said no put it on our room tab, when i received the receipt it showed that water was only 20MAD. I would advise to always get things added to your room and settle at the end as you don't always know the prices for things so they will more than likely ask you for more money than it costs.

There are some positives for this hotel, it's beautiful and clean and lovely large rooms but a hotel stay is suppose to be relaxing and it certainly was not when the staff are trying yo rip you off. The swimming pool is amazing and the gardens are beautiful!The Concierge and Spa staff are great, they were very friendly. I would definitely recommend trying the Hammam which is like a sauna. The food is lovely from what we had, breakfast and room service. There is a wide range of food at Breakfast from fresh fruits to cooked breakfast, to fresh pancakes and pastries to olive, cheeses and hams.
However if you do go down to breakfast at 7am when it starts they are usually not set up yet, its best to go down after 8am.
They run a shuttle service between the hotel and Jemma el fna square which is also good as its free. Although the first shuttle was at 10am and the last shuttle is at 7pm, would be nice if they started earlier and finished later as the food stalls in the square don't open till 6pm in the evening and would be nice to catch a shuttle back later.

I would have to say i probably would not recommend this hotel as for the money i think there are better hotels in marrakech.

Room Tip: Rooms at the sides of the pool are good, nice and large with balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I think that most good reviews come when a hotel surpasses expectations, with this hotel promising 5 star all inclusive accomodation it would have to go some way to deserve a rave review. What it did well was the pool and land scaping, lovely gardens and a huge pool with plenty of comfy sunbeds. The rooms were fine too, nice big beds and lots of storage to spread out.
We booked based on the "all inclusive" name of the hotel, however, we were actually only B&B, luckily we discovered this before we got there so no nasty bills but a bit of a sneaky trick that seems to be by the hotel not expedia. The breakfast was fine, there was enough choice for the few days we stayed but it certianly wasn't five star food. We didn't eat in the hotel other than at breakfast. The concierge recommended a lovely Italian restaurant in the new town so I would say to listen to their suggestions for food. They also arranged a trip to the Atlas Mountains which was good but the advice that we would be taking a 20 minute walk and would be ok in flip flops was a little wide of the mark! Prepare to climb over rocks and also to pay a separate guide on top of your driver (we thought the initial price seemed a bit too good to be true.) Also prepare to barter in the women's co-op they take you to on the way up, we were well into bartering in the souks but were a bit too generous in their shop!
Overall this was a good location for a group of girls wanting to experience the buzz of Marrakech over a slightly longer period of time so as to fit in a bit of rest and sun bathing. As we wanted to eat out every day it was fine that we weren't all inclusive as we first thought, we just thought drinks round the pool may have been good but no one seemed to mind that we took our own.
One day I would love to go to a 5 star hotel that was 5 star in every way, this was not the place to deliver that.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was spending a week climbing the Atlas mountains and had a couple of days at this hotel to relax in after. Bought through Groupon. Our deal included two Hamam passes.

The hotel itself was nice, also wouldn't call it 5*, but a nice hotel all the same.

On the day we used our Hamam pass a male cleaner saw my friend and I go into the Hamam steam room. Later a man came in in shorts (boxers I think) and flip flops and said he was there to give us a massage. I won't go into details but he was a cleaner posing as a Masseuse. He abused his position and totally pushed his luck.

I was helped by my friend and upon trying to explain what happened to the Spa manager, who clearly didn't believe me, we spotted the cleaner back in his cleaning uniform innocently mopping the floors around the pool. I explained this was the man I was talking about.

Concierge (very good english) talked me out of calling the police. The hotel Preseident talked me out of it too. I left there with a free meal and massage and manicure as compensation. Later after writing a letter to complain, I was offered two free nights for two, full board. But to be honest.... I don't want to go back. I just want to make sure that while they told me the cleaner would have been sacked, you can make your own mind up if you want to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Loved our City break in Marrakech but didn't think much of this hotel because the staff were so indifferent. Consequently I would say that this is by far the worst "5 Star" guest experience we've had anywhere in the world. Overall the staff were disengaged and disinterested, spending their time standing around chatting in little groups rather than looking after guests.

A few things we liked. The building and grounds looked good and the pool area was pleasant. Its location between The Medina and the airport was also a bonus. Our twin room was also massive with a lovely balcony and in a very quiet part of the hotel.

If you stay here, be careful when booking up organised tours with the concierge team. Both our allocated guides were insistent on taking us to places of their choice, where we experienced a bit of a hard sell on goods and services. As assertive women we were very comfortable managing our way out of these situations whereas others may have far more difficulty with this.

Wouldn't recommend this hotel. Wouldn't stay again.

Gibraltar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

First of all, I would like to comment that the hotel is brilliant, staff very professional and helpful, the hotel is clean and modern. NOw this will scare you in the sense of hotel policies dealing with lost or robbed suitcases.

We arrived a group of six friends with 6suitcases, 3 big and 3 smaller ones, when we arrived. It was about 9am, the hotel staff came to the entrance and carried ALL our suitcases in the metal carrier, and the carrier was left opposite the reception area. After 3 hours the rooms were ready and we proceeded to the baggage area and we noticed that one of the cases was missing, it was highlighted to the hotel staff, and they tried to search for it, T he hotel staff said that it must have been left behind the taxi, we knew it was not true as 2 persons of the group had counted them on arrival to the hotel.

This happened on Friday13th, the conserve told us to leave the problem in his hands as he would go to the AIrport,and ask the taxi, we insisted that the baggage had ALL arrived at the hotel. But he insisted. I asked on the following day as the suitcase had not been found, for the hotel to give me a letter, for me to take to the insurance company back at home, he said that the hotel would not give me the letter, because lost baggage was not heard off in this hotel.

On S unsay I asked if he could. Take me to the police station , so as to report the loss of the suitcase, and if possible a registered letter stamped and official, for me to take to the insurance company, he said that his friend the commissar did not work on S un days and that the best bet is to try on Monday,

The following day Monday, we were taken to the police station and after a wait of 3hours, we were given the letter,, the inspector commented to me in broken English that this happened on Friday and I had come to the police station on the Monday?????..... Well it seems that the insurance company will not refund us on the loss! The suitcase contained. My laptop, mobile phone and charger and 2 pairs of shoes , and a jersey.

West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is weird. How it ever got 5 stars is a mystery. The rooms are big, but very "tired" and the bathrooms are very dated and dark. We were told to find our own room in the dark last night. No-one available to show us where we were. Room was dark and dingy. Dirty bathroom and dirty sheets on the bed. They did immediately move us up to the top floor though, but said that this is more expensive. No idea if they are planning to charge us the extra or not. The breakfast was self-service and not good. Certainly not a match to other 5star hotels we have stayed in in Morocco. We took the half board on the recommendation of our travel agent, But the dinner is a self service buffet too. Not what we thought would be provided at the price we paid !

Room Tip: Make sure you are on the top floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!