This hotel is definitely not a 5* i would put it more at a 3*. Yes they have lovely large rooms, they have a pool and a spa but the service is terrible!!
The concierge were great, i would say the best staff of the hotel, and they did so much to help. But the rest of that staff at the hotel were hopeless!Its would take 30 minutes to receive a towel and cushion for the chairs at the pool. We ordered ice cream and a Creme Brulee from room service which took an hour and when they did show up they forgot the ice cream, the food was tasty however. And the reception staff were always moody and unwilling to help. We asked them if they would contact a restaurant to make a booking for us and they just told us to ring from our room.
Big warning!!!! The cashier also tried to give us less money when doing a currency exchange. He didn't count out the money to us so when i check it i informed him of his mistake, he then tried to say he gave me the right amount, he kept saying he got it right but eventually gave in and gave me the extra 100MAD that he left out. We also went to the bar to get a bottle of water, the girl serving asked us for 30 MAD in cash to which i said no put it on our room tab, when i received the receipt it showed that water was only 20MAD. I would advise to always get things added to your room and settle at the end as you don't always know the prices for things so they will more than likely ask you for more money than it costs.
There are some positives for this hotel, it's beautiful and clean and lovely large rooms but a hotel stay is suppose to be relaxing and it certainly was not when the staff are trying yo rip you off. The swimming pool is amazing and the gardens are beautiful!The Concierge and Spa staff are great, they were very friendly. I would definitely recommend trying the Hammam which is like a sauna. The food is lovely from what we had, breakfast and room service. There is a wide range of food at Breakfast from fresh fruits to cooked breakfast, to fresh pancakes and pastries to olive, cheeses and hams.
However if you do go down to breakfast at 7am when it starts they are usually not set up yet, its best to go down after 8am.
They run a shuttle service between the hotel and Jemma el fna square which is also good as its free. Although the first shuttle was at 10am and the last shuttle is at 7pm, would be nice if they started earlier and finished later as the food stalls in the square don't open till 6pm in the evening and would be nice to catch a shuttle back later.
I would have to say i probably would not recommend this hotel as for the money i think there are better hotels in marrakech.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, WHM Global Ltd., Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech