“Watch out for the "all inclusive" tag” 2 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #201 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
isle of man
“Watch out for the "all inclusive" tag”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Tricky one this.... The Hotel itself is lovely, the food is good and the rooms are spacious and clean. My poor rating for this hotel is pretty much down to one thing...their "marketing con". We booked this hotel through Expedia as Kenzi Menara Palace "All -Inclusive". Only when we got to the hotel we were told this was just the name of the hotel ( really!!) and that we had just booked bed and breakfast. This cost us an extra £500 for 6 days ...and since we were stuck we had no choice but to pay. This spoilt the holiday big time as we had no money to pay for excursions the staff assistance was nonchalant...and blamed it on Expedia. Have complained to them also.Some of the staff are friendly , but some just plain surly and unfriendly. Even when we paid all inclusive the look some of the staff gave you if you took more than one drink was priceless. As I say I cant fault the actual hotel ...its nice , so as long as you know what you are paying for... it will be fine . Just felt I was waiting to be ripped off at every turn and spoiled what could have been a very pleasant six day stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

649 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently had a 4 day mini holiday for my 1 year wedding anniversary in Marrakech. My husband was due to book the Sofitel Hotel which we later found out was much better than the Kenzi Palace. The only reason he booked this one was because it stated in the title, 'All Inclusive Preminum' we later found out that this is merely a way to attract customers as it is not infact an all inclusive deal you are getting. When we tried to explain this to the receiptionist - lady with glasses and fringe called Siloua who was very arrogant and rude and unwilling to help, infact looked like she couldnt care less, she had alot of attitude on her. My husband and i had just got there, and not even checked in and already i hated the holiday i had waited for 1 year for.
Next... we spoke to the manager who gave us a complimentry voucher for dinner for our first night for the inconveinice we had experience, the dinner was shocking and so dry.. we thought in the end it was a blessing in distgusie that we didnt get all inclusive, as the food was horrible. the entertainment was scary, a bunch of men banging their drums and shouting something while you are eating, you cant hear yourself think.

everyone is only interested in money here.. dont be fooled..
we asked for towels in our room, and got accused of stealing them as the cleaners claim they couldnt find them..

on my 1st day there when i finally checked into my room, there was a cockroach in the shower.. people can barely speak english so couldnt understand what i was saying.

2nd day another cockroach, so the holiday wasnt going great.. We eventually got upgraded to a suite, but not a pool view, even tho we asked for this.. it was our 1st anniversary, and i was having a horrile time.

the air conditioning in the hotel isnt great, we were there when it was 45 degrees and i couldnt even sit in the sun.. when we asked the staff to put the air con on, they made funny faces and reluctantly done it so low that you cant feel it.

some staff were nice, there was a lovely pretty lady behind the bar who gave me some special tea when i had an upset stomach, and sherrif at concierge was a nice guy, who spoke english too so really helpful.

be prepared to be lumbered with a tax bill at the end of your stay aswell, which they do not warn you about when you check in..

I deinfaltely would never stay here again.. the hotel made my stay the worse ever.. and i had a horrible anniversary when my husband went to so much effort for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It may have all the facilities of a 5 star hotel.....but please don't think that this will be a five star stay. We were lucky to only be there for two nights before our flight......and I tried to like it...but the staff did everything they could to make me hate it! Overall I would say you're looking at a glorified Butlins...which is fine if that is what you want....and to be fair we had a massive air conditioned room that easily housed our family of 4 (two teenage kids)......and apart from the fact that the curtains were hanging off the rail with only about three curtain rings, the room was fine......and to be honest for four adults was very good value.
it might be unfair but THANK GOODNESS WE WERE ROOM ONLY...I looked at the buffet and the 'entertainment' and it looked simply awful....and at €28/head (which may or may not include wine...I suspect not!) I was so happy to be able to eat out. (especially as the hotel restaurants appeared to be not air-conditioned).
DO NOT TRUST THE CONCIERGES....they are simply at the front of the queue of people trying to rip you off. They told us it was a taxi ride to the shopping centre that you can actually see from reception...we realised that if you walk out of the back gate of the hotel it is no more than four minutes walk. I also asked them to book me a table in the restaurant PepeNero, which is reputedly one of the best restaurants in Marrakech....and they told me it was closed......a bit odd for a restaurant in Morocco to close in the holiday season....especially one that only caters to tourists......so I called the restaurant myself....very much not closed!...(and the most fantastic restaurant if you are looking for a decent place to eat ....€145 for a family of four...3 courses plus wine). We also asked the concierge how much we should pay a taxi to take us to Yves St Laurent's garden (one of the main attractions in Marrakech) and he said he didn't know!!!...handy!...although you can be sure the driver will charge you €5.00 more than the concierge says anyway.
Just when I thought that maybe the hotel wasn't that bad....I saw my bill and they had charged me for the sachet of instant coffee which they left by the coffee making facility in the room. If nothing else makes you not stay here....this gives you an idea of what the place is like!
The internet was good.......but I just left actually feeling sorry for anyone who had booked a week there all-inclusive.......for us it was a lucky escape!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
La Fleche, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Having escaped from the Golden Tulip (pool not available) we found this hotel by chance. The welcome was fantastic and although a bit more expensive, it was worth every dirham.
The staff were all friendly and the room was a delight, clean spacious and very comfortable. The Olympic sized pool was fantastic with plenty of spaces to relax. The only negative was the evening buffet, it wasn't bad but didn't seem to match the standard set by the hotel in general. The Moroccan restaurant is well worth a visit. All in all a great experience, we will return.
Well worth searching the internet for deals, we found on our return prices around 100 euros a night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Oconnell,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all tripadvisor’s visitors.
Your comment shows clearly that you have been warmly welcomed by our staff that did the best to offer you an unforgettable holiday.
Many thanks for your compliments towards the spacious rooms, the Olympic sized pool and the restaurants.
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Really nice hotel, excellent staff, lovely grounds close to airport (but not noisy) free shuttle bus to centre. Concierge arranged good value trips around Marrakech and to the Atlas Mountains, which were great in a private air conditioned car:-). Recommend to go all inclusive as it is a little pricey! Will visit again.

Room Tip: We had 102, nice spacious room on the ground floor with lovely garden view, very quite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all Tripadvisor’s visitors.
I’m glad to see that staff’s hotel has been helpful and available ensurinf unforgettable moments for you and your family.
Many thanks for all your compliments, about the pool, the restaurants and our wonderful rooms.
Looking forward to welcome you again for another relaxing time at the Kenzi Menara Palace.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there in june 2013 we loved it the reception staff are wonderful and very helpful specially fatimzouhra what a wonderful girl , the restaurant needs sorting but from that everything is beautiful

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Moussa,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent journey in Marrakech.
I’m happy to note that you have enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms, the pool and the restaurants.
Your comment shows clearly that you have been warmly welcomed by our staff who did the best to offer you an unforgettable holiday at the Kenzi Menara Palace.
Hope will have the chance to receive you again in our hotel for another lovely time.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving we were absolutely devastated to be informed they didn't have a room for us as they'd had "technical issues" so they could put us up in the hotel next door instead (Palm Plaza), we were very disappointed and didn't have any other choice so went ahead. They did inform us we would get a pool view suite upon our return after 2 nights in the Palm Plaza. The receptionist couldn't speak very good English so we were pretty stuck with our options.

I'd spent lots of time researching the Kenzi Menara and this was the hotel I had chosen so was really upset we couldn't start our holiday here.

We got given full board at the Palm Plaza as opposed to B&B at the Kenzi Menara but the food was dreadful. We were told 3 restaurants were available for dinner but only 1 was, the buffet. We had difficulty trying to communicate with all staff as hardly any of them could understand our English. The atmosphere was terrible, the food and drinks were terrible so we were very pleased to leave after two nights.

We got picked up by Cheriff from the Kenzi Menara and what a wonderful man he is! He cracked jokes and told us all the best places to eat and drink, he really does make the hotel!

We got given a premium suite with a garden view, not a pool view as promised but by this point I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore and just wanted to enjoy the holiday. But my, the room was fabulous! A huge basket of fruits awaited us and a plate full of cakes, a huge lounge area, two balconys, two bathrooms and a huge bed, the room was gorgeous so we didn't mind the garden (road view) so much!

The pool area was very spacious and the staff very attentive. The restaurants were lovely and the cocktails were a bit more well presented here than at the Palm Plaza. Breakfasts were good with fresh eggs and pancakes cooked whilst you wait.

We also got a full body massage at the spa which was very good, however the gym didn't seem to have any air con and was far too hot for me to work out in which was disappointing.

The shuttle service was very good, and one time actually dropped us in the new town as a special request.

Be prepared to haggle with every taxi driver, usually we got down 50% of their first quote, so be prepared to walk away if they're not willing to accommodate. Most places in Marrakech you can get to with 40/50 Dirhams from the hotel, except the airport is 100 dirhams.

Ask Cheriff for places to eat and drink or things to do, he is very very helpful with great English. We were very grateful for his service!

All in all the Kenzi Menara is a lovely hotel, it was just a shame we didn't start our holiday here but we wouldn't of had the suite if not, which made up for it!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Dice,

I apologize for the inconvenience Dear Dice on your arrival; I'm glad that our hotel and all the benefits you liked and you have completed your stay in very good way.
We will be delighted to welcome you again in our palace, in order to make you next stay more enjoyable.

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!