I recently had a 4 day mini holiday for my 1 year wedding anniversary in Marrakech. My husband was due to book the Sofitel Hotel which we later found out was much better than the Kenzi Palace. The only reason he booked this one was because it stated in the title, 'All Inclusive Preminum' we later found out that this is merely a way to attract customers as it is not infact an all inclusive deal you are getting. When we tried to explain this to the receiptionist - lady with glasses and fringe called Siloua who was very arrogant and rude and unwilling to help, infact looked like she couldnt care less, she had alot of attitude on her. My husband and i had just got there, and not even checked in and already i hated the holiday i had waited for 1 year for.
Next... we spoke to the manager who gave us a complimentry voucher for dinner for our first night for the inconveinice we had experience, the dinner was shocking and so dry.. we thought in the end it was a blessing in distgusie that we didnt get all inclusive, as the food was horrible. the entertainment was scary, a bunch of men banging their drums and shouting something while you are eating, you cant hear yourself think.
everyone is only interested in money here.. dont be fooled..
we asked for towels in our room, and got accused of stealing them as the cleaners claim they couldnt find them..
on my 1st day there when i finally checked into my room, there was a cockroach in the shower.. people can barely speak english so couldnt understand what i was saying.
2nd day another cockroach, so the holiday wasnt going great.. We eventually got upgraded to a suite, but not a pool view, even tho we asked for this.. it was our 1st anniversary, and i was having a horrile time.
the air conditioning in the hotel isnt great, we were there when it was 45 degrees and i couldnt even sit in the sun.. when we asked the staff to put the air con on, they made funny faces and reluctantly done it so low that you cant feel it.
some staff were nice, there was a lovely pretty lady behind the bar who gave me some special tea when i had an upset stomach, and sherrif at concierge was a nice guy, who spoke english too so really helpful.
be prepared to be lumbered with a tax bill at the end of your stay aswell, which they do not warn you about when you check in..
I deinfaltely would never stay here again.. the hotel made my stay the worse ever.. and i had a horrible anniversary when my husband went to so much effort for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech