It may have all the facilities of a 5 star hotel.....but please don't think that this will be a five star stay. We were lucky to only be there for two nights before our flight......and I tried to like it...but the staff did everything they could to make me hate it! Overall I would say you're looking at a glorified Butlins...which is fine if that is what you want....and to be fair we had a massive air conditioned room that easily housed our family of 4 (two teenage kids)......and apart from the fact that the curtains were hanging off the rail with only about three curtain rings, the room was fine......and to be honest for four adults was very good value.
it might be unfair but THANK GOODNESS WE WERE ROOM ONLY...I looked at the buffet and the 'entertainment' and it looked simply awful....and at €28/head (which may or may not include wine...I suspect not!) I was so happy to be able to eat out. (especially as the hotel restaurants appeared to be not air-conditioned).
DO NOT TRUST THE CONCIERGES....they are simply at the front of the queue of people trying to rip you off. They told us it was a taxi ride to the shopping centre that you can actually see from reception...we realised that if you walk out of the back gate of the hotel it is no more than four minutes walk. I also asked them to book me a table in the restaurant PepeNero, which is reputedly one of the best restaurants in Marrakech....and they told me it was closed......a bit odd for a restaurant in Morocco to close in the holiday season....especially one that only caters to tourists......so I called the restaurant myself....very much not closed!...(and the most fantastic restaurant if you are looking for a decent place to eat ....€145 for a family of four...3 courses plus wine). We also asked the concierge how much we should pay a taxi to take us to Yves St Laurent's garden (one of the main attractions in Marrakech) and he said he didn't know!!!...handy!...although you can be sure the driver will charge you €5.00 more than the concierge says anyway.
Just when I thought that maybe the hotel wasn't that bad....I saw my bill and they had charged me for the sachet of instant coffee which they left by the coffee making facility in the room. If nothing else makes you not stay here....this gives you an idea of what the place is like!
The internet was good.......but I just left actually feeling sorry for anyone who had booked a week there all-inclusive.......for us it was a lucky escape!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech