Upon arriving we were absolutely devastated to be informed they didn't have a room for us as they'd had "technical issues" so they could put us up in the hotel next door instead (Palm Plaza), we were very disappointed and didn't have any other choice so went ahead. They did inform us we would get a pool view suite upon our return after 2 nights in the Palm Plaza. The receptionist couldn't speak very good English so we were pretty stuck with our options.
I'd spent lots of time researching the Kenzi Menara and this was the hotel I had chosen so was really upset we couldn't start our holiday here.
We got given full board at the Palm Plaza as opposed to B&B at the Kenzi Menara but the food was dreadful. We were told 3 restaurants were available for dinner but only 1 was, the buffet. We had difficulty trying to communicate with all staff as hardly any of them could understand our English. The atmosphere was terrible, the food and drinks were terrible so we were very pleased to leave after two nights.
We got picked up by Cheriff from the Kenzi Menara and what a wonderful man he is! He cracked jokes and told us all the best places to eat and drink, he really does make the hotel!
We got given a premium suite with a garden view, not a pool view as promised but by this point I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore and just wanted to enjoy the holiday. But my, the room was fabulous! A huge basket of fruits awaited us and a plate full of cakes, a huge lounge area, two balconys, two bathrooms and a huge bed, the room was gorgeous so we didn't mind the garden (road view) so much!
The pool area was very spacious and the staff very attentive. The restaurants were lovely and the cocktails were a bit more well presented here than at the Palm Plaza. Breakfasts were good with fresh eggs and pancakes cooked whilst you wait.
We also got a full body massage at the spa which was very good, however the gym didn't seem to have any air con and was far too hot for me to work out in which was disappointing.
The shuttle service was very good, and one time actually dropped us in the new town as a special request.
Be prepared to haggle with every taxi driver, usually we got down 50% of their first quote, so be prepared to walk away if they're not willing to accommodate. Most places in Marrakech you can get to with 40/50 Dirhams from the hotel, except the airport is 100 dirhams.
Ask Cheriff for places to eat and drink or things to do, he is very very helpful with great English. We were very grateful for his service!
All in all the Kenzi Menara is a lovely hotel, it was just a shame we didn't start our holiday here but we wouldn't of had the suite if not, which made up for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Venere, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech