“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #176 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving we were absolutely devastated to be informed they didn't have a room for us as they'd had "technical issues" so they could put us up in the hotel next door instead (Palm Plaza), we were very disappointed and didn't have any other choice so went ahead. They did inform us we would get a pool view suite upon our return after 2 nights in the Palm Plaza. The receptionist couldn't speak very good English so we were pretty stuck with our options.

I'd spent lots of time researching the Kenzi Menara and this was the hotel I had chosen so was really upset we couldn't start our holiday here.

We got given full board at the Palm Plaza as opposed to B&B at the Kenzi Menara but the food was dreadful. We were told 3 restaurants were available for dinner but only 1 was, the buffet. We had difficulty trying to communicate with all staff as hardly any of them could understand our English. The atmosphere was terrible, the food and drinks were terrible so we were very pleased to leave after two nights.

We got picked up by Cheriff from the Kenzi Menara and what a wonderful man he is! He cracked jokes and told us all the best places to eat and drink, he really does make the hotel!

We got given a premium suite with a garden view, not a pool view as promised but by this point I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore and just wanted to enjoy the holiday. But my, the room was fabulous! A huge basket of fruits awaited us and a plate full of cakes, a huge lounge area, two balconys, two bathrooms and a huge bed, the room was gorgeous so we didn't mind the garden (road view) so much!

The pool area was very spacious and the staff very attentive. The restaurants were lovely and the cocktails were a bit more well presented here than at the Palm Plaza. Breakfasts were good with fresh eggs and pancakes cooked whilst you wait.

We also got a full body massage at the spa which was very good, however the gym didn't seem to have any air con and was far too hot for me to work out in which was disappointing.

The shuttle service was very good, and one time actually dropped us in the new town as a special request.

Be prepared to haggle with every taxi driver, usually we got down 50% of their first quote, so be prepared to walk away if they're not willing to accommodate. Most places in Marrakech you can get to with 40/50 Dirhams from the hotel, except the airport is 100 dirhams.

Ask Cheriff for places to eat and drink or things to do, he is very very helpful with great English. We were very grateful for his service!

All in all the Kenzi Menara is a lovely hotel, it was just a shame we didn't start our holiday here but we wouldn't of had the suite if not, which made up for it!

• Stayed June 2013
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Dice,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent journey in Marrakech.
I apologize for the inconvenience Dear Dice on your arrival; I'm glad that our hotel and all the benefits you liked and you have completed your stay in very good way.
We will be delighted to welcome you again in our palace, in order to make you next stay more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Turkish first
Hertforshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Me and my partner have been visiting kenzi menara twice this year, and this summer shall be our third time. The Moroccan/Arabic hospitality is grand, the best service, and the people are ever so delightful and kind. The hotel itself is beautiful, and has a lavish interior design, with traditional moroccan art. It is both a couple's, big families and young (20s') people's hotel. I highly recommend it. Cannot wait for our holiday this summer at kenzi!

Room Tip: whatever room you choose, they are all great!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gloria,

We were pleased to have welcomed you at the Kenzi Menara Palace during your recent holidays in Marrakech, and would like to thank for sharing this successful experience on Tripadvisor.
Many thanks for your compliments especially for our staff we hope to see you again for the fourth time in our hotel
in anticipation of the pleasure of welcoming you again please Dear Gloria accept my warmest greetings.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My partner and i had an amazing stay at the Kenzi Menara. The hotel is sumptuously fitted out with striking fabrics,artwork and pretty lighting. It provides a tranquil gettaway perfect for a romantic trip for two. The staff went the extra mile to make our stay special, especially the day time concierge who arranged some fantastic trips for us and the friendly front of house at the breakfast buffet who always started our day with a big smile. The pool is massive so there's no scrambling to the poolside at the crack of dawn to get a bed, there is more than enough to go round. My reason for 4 stars rather than 5 is we would have liked little more entertainment, if we hadnt have asked the concierge where to go we'd have had no idea as there are no flyers/leaflets to advertise trips etc and apart from a lounge bar singer there wasnt much to keep us entertained in the evenings at the kenzi menara. We tried the traditional Moroccan restaurant one night with in the hotel and were very disappointed by the food, it was very bland. The service however, excellent, but if you want tasty Moroccan food eat where the locals eat not the tourists! The hotel is in an up and coming area so i feel in the next few year it will be a prime spot. If you are happy to use taxis and the free shuttle bus though the location really isnt a problem. The prices of drinks however are, Its about 120 dirhams for a cocktail! We ended up buying booze and bottled water from a supermarket, but its what we expected as the hotel is 5 star so its only right to expect 5 star prices! Another bonus to kenzi menara is its owned by the same owner as Pacha (5 minute walk away!) so we got free entry! What more could we ask for, we will definitely return! Thankyou Kenzi Menara, beautiful place, beautiful people!

Room Tip: Pool side view is worth the extra money otherwise you may risk facing the road.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Forrester,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all Tripadvisor’s visitors.
I’m glad to see that staff’s hotel has been helpful and available and you enjoyed our magnificent interior architecture, our large pool and our restaurants. Regarding the animation, we proposed two kinds of evening entertainment, a duet,pianist in the bar and a folk duo in the Moroccan restaurant and for night animation there is the pacha next to hotel (5 minutes).

Waiting to see you soon please accept my greetings Forrster Among the most distinguished.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

From the minute we met Cherive ,the brilliant concierge ,our stay in Marrakech
Started on a great high. All his suggestions and colleague who helped us excursions,
Restaurants and trip into the Atlas Mountains were outstanding.
Our guides from the hotel were gentle ,knowledgable and extremely patient as the
Bargaining began.
Locality of the hotel ,10 minutes from the very busy centre was ideal. We good retire to our oasis .
My daughter wanted a big pool and the Kenzi Palace must bi the biggest and best in Marrakech.
Suits everyone from families to couples and Cherive can plan the best for singles to feel fully secure.
Go or it you will love the experience

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur d'exploitation at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Mr.Ken M,
We were delighted to welcome you during your last journey in Marrakech and would like to thank you for the time spent to write this comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I’m happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you have appreciated our Concierge’s services and the facilities provided to our guests.
Looking forward to receiving you for another enjoyable stay at the Kenzi Menara Palace.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed for five nights (three of us in two rooms). We booked through Voyage Prive and were really pleased with the deal we got.

The hotel is big, grand, spread-out and a bit away from town (and anything else). The rooms were enormous, bright, clean and very well-tended - we were really pleased. The pool area is lovely, with an enormous pool, but the poolside amenities weren't great and were incredibly expensive. The restaurants were quite nice, again pretty expensive and actually we preferred the simpler but more generous Moroccan food we had elsewhere. Breakfast was fairly good.

Service in general was mixed - everything was over-staffed with very attentive staff, but they sometimes got the wrong end of the stick (then again we were English-speakers in a French-speaking tourist industry). The concierge in particular was really friend and helpful and organised some great trips for us, but was also definitely a bit of a hustler - difficult to tell how much commission he was making on everything! Other staff definitely went the extra mile, from the housekeeping guy who lent us his own phone charger to the waitress who served us food and wine near the pool long after the kitchen was supposed to have closed.

Overall recommended but make sure you get a good deal - it's not cheap.

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite a walk from reception and other amenities - ask about a nearer one.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur d'exploitation at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Simon,
We were delighted to welcome you during your last journey in Marrakech and would like to thank you for having chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace.
I’m pleased to read your comment posted on tripadvisor where you mentioned that you have appreciated the hotel’s size with all the amazing facilities provided, the enormous rooms overlooking the wonderful swimming pool, as well as the high food and service quality in all the restaurants .
Please make sure that we have taken into consideration all your remarks which I will not miss to discuss about it with my collaborators.
All the staff is happy for your compliments, wishing to be honored by another visit to the Kenzi Menara Palace.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am always as a honest as I can be in my reviews so having just come back from Marrakech this one I felt had to be made.
Firstly the positive points, The hotel property, rooms and facilities are very nice and I agree this part warrants a five star. In addition to this the location is great with most points of interest a short taxi ride away.
Now for the important service, and I await for the managements comments on this, In my view the hotel owners have the such a great job with location and decor of this property however the lack of attentiveness and customer service from most of your staff needs to be addressed and corrected immediately.
Just a couple of points.. Firstly the pool side staff had to be asked on average 4 times before any action for beverages, towels etc.
I asked for an Iron was told it was on its way, then told an hour later that there was no irons available as they we all being used by other guests, then had sent shirts to be pressed and had stressed to the staff that I was running late and needed them back urgently, which in turn I was surprise to be told that they would only take 5 minutes. 1 and a half hours later and after 4 calls to the management, shirts turned up.
On the fair side we were compensated with our incidentals taken off the bill by management but this hotel could be and should be a far lot better, but unfortunately the staff let this down.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear dip1979,
I would to thank for your time spent to describe the amazing Kenzi Menara Palace’s rooms and facilities as well as the location which is near to all the attractions in Marrakech within a few minutes by available taxis.
Further to our discussion before your departure, I have noted all your remarks in order to make more efforts to meet all the expectation’s guests; I have also accorded your compensation request to make you satisfied.
Kind regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed there couple of nights with my wife for the WE. We didnt leave the hotel at all.

1st mistake: at our arrival we had to prove that we are married (of course everyone travels with his wedding certificate). As a matter of fact we had it so they made a copy right away.

2nd mistake: the staff at the reception didn't seem to understand clearly the all-inclusive offer and what it contained or not and the hours. They need to be seriously trained on the subject.
Of course I asked a copy of that all inclusive paper, they only had 1 copy and told us that the xerox machine was too far away from the reception. But they managed to make a copy for the wedding certificate though... anyway. Classic stuff from moroccan staff...

Room was big and nice, bed was really comfy and pretty bathrooms. Fridge was fully filled and apples on the table. Efficient room.
Room service was very slow, we had to wait 1 hour for 1 soup and 1 club sandwich.
Pool is actually really great, you really have to come early to pick your spot otherwise... Meh... Pool bathrooms are a real mess, they should have somebody clean it on a frequent basis.

Food was a major disappointment, nothing really exciting: quality was not met. I mean it, food was not that good, even moroccan tagines and pancakes were bad.

So to sum up, a very expensive hotel for what it provides, not a palace at all as it doesnt have the luxury codes for a palace or even a 5 stars hotel.
understaffed and slow service.
but friendly staff and weather saved the week end.

3 stars. If it was rated as a 4 stars I'd give it 4 stars, but I expected too much I guess

Room Tip: Pool view and on 1st or 2nd floor otherwise you hear the footsteps from above.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!