“What a treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #182 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My friend and I had both wanted to visit Marrakech. I found what seemed to be a good deal and when we arrived at the Kenzi Menara Palace we thought we'd "died and gone to Heaven". The staff (apart from those at the Spa) were helpful and friendly, especially the concierge, Cherif. Best of all was the food. The breakfast buffet was unbelievable and dinner (except for the couscous) delicious and the desserts were amazing. The room was large, spotlessly clean and very comfortable and had a view over the pool and towards the Atlas Mountains. The tv was incredible, with foreign channels (including BBC), films (free) and even Capital Radio!! I am very much looking forward to returning in the not-too-distant future! Compliments to the Management for an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: We had Room 219 in the Riad Oliviers and found it very good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear customers,

I liked very much to read the comment that you present on the site of Tripadvisor after the stay that you made in the magnificent hotel that I manage, Kenzi Menara Palace of Marrakesh. Your text is great and, if I had to hesitate for the choice of a hotel for my holidays, I would reserve for Kenzi Menara thanks to your advice.
Dear Madam, my satisfaction as well as that of my assistants, is to offer the paradise to all the customers who rely on us.
I thank you of your passage in the Kenzi Menara Palace and hope to find you very fast among us.
I seize this opportunity to present you my best wishes for year 2013.
Sincerely Yours.

René BAIADA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Kenzi Menara and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and didn't want to leave yesterday afternoon. Upon arrival -warmly greeted and nothing was a problem, quick to check in and overall great service. The room was large and overlooked the pool - very clean and spacious. Great shuttle service to and from the Medina - makes for a awesome cultural experience. Cherif - the conceirge should be praised as was very helpful, knowledgeable and provided very friendly service. He arranged a driver for us and provided advice when needed especially on buying things from the souks. Whenever we had a question - he was happy to answer. The staff overall should be praised - always welcoming at breakfast and even though english was probably their 3rd language always made an effort to speak with us. Had a fabulous Hammam at the Terarke Spa - definitly a must do! The gym ws well equiped and clean - if your into that as well! Great place to explore, refresh the mind and body and catch some sun! Would recomend and visit again - thanks.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool - great view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Customer Lydia M,

I have just been warned by my employees, early this morning, of a new comment about our hotel, deposited on the site of Tripadvisor. I so liked your compliments that I spent a formidable day.
It is very pleasant to me to notice that, from the beginning to the end, you appreciated all the moments which you were kind enough to share with us during 6 complete days: welcome, service, bedroom, shuttle, food, centre of well-being, and particularly the services of Cherif, the head concierge.
Finally, your conclusion is completely fantastic «Would recommend and visit again. Thanks. «Because it reminds us, that we go towards the quality objectives that we settled.
We wish you a Happy New Year 2013 and to see you soon again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed for 9 days in kensi minara as part of an official conference. The rooms where excellent and spacious.t, but as the air con was switched off, it was lil stuffy. ambience and look of the hotel was also really good. But the service offered was pathetic. The fruit basket and sweets which was kept in the room on arrival, was not removed till check out. Not even one complimentary water bottles where provided daily in the room. Was quite satifsfied with the wifi performance. The major point of dissatisfaction was the front office. For a confusion with billing, has to explain to 3 different people, still it was not done properly.

Was extremely happy with the travel desk - airport pick up arrangements for all our guests.

• Stayed November 2012
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Customer SubbaSudeep,

I thank you for having chosen Kenzi Menara Palace for your recent stay in Marrakesh and, in my managing director's quality, I appreciate highly the compliments which you attribute to the hotel.
However, I note with attention that the basket of fruits and the sweets were left in your bedroom until your departure. I have to admit you that many customers prefer to keep them for arrangement and we would have had to ask you the question.
Finally, you mention a confusion of invoicing; dear customer, it is here about a last-minute modification in the instructions of the organizers of this operation, modification which we had to apply. The hotel was just an intermediary and does not deserve your criticism.
By hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you soon again,
All my best wishes for the New Year.

Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Greatly enjoyed our stay here and appreciated the peace and tranquility of being away from the centre while just a few minutes from the airport. The staff are helpful, hard working, smartly attired and charming, bedrooms are very large, spotless, and comfortable with huge beds, very large towels and bathrobes. The pool is huge and has a quick-service snack area. There are some small details that need tweaking but nothing that should stop anyone from choosing this hotel. The décor is not really my taste, running to brown and sludge, there are some really gloomy areas and corridors, there was a light out in the bathroom, and we struggled to lock our balcony door, possibly because we didn’t realise one side was open the whole time! The shower is very peculiar, poking up from a tap position on the bath – but who cares, it was a very hot, very powerful shower! Garden room is a bit of a misnomer, we overlooked a side road but as we were hardly in the room it wasn’t an issue – far more vital was the fact it was perfectly quiet. Service in the dining room could have been a little faster and needs a little tweaking, but was mostly impeccable - the food was very good and perhaps we need not to be so impatient! Cherif the concierge is Mr Fixit and courteously arranged whatever we requested. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We were in Room 309, we had no neighbours on one side, and the general manager on the other, he was...
Dear Customer Fourviolets,

I am anxious to thank you for the comment that you put down on the Tripadvisor site, following the journey which you have just made in Marrakesh and in our hotel. Your appreciations on the hotel are magnificent from the beginning to the end. Already, the title of your message is extraordinary «we would return ". Then, you "greatly enjoyed» several very important departments in the hotel: tranquility, the staff with many professional qualities, the rooms, the swimming pool, the food, the head concierge.
I liked a lot your conclusion: «We would definitely return «because it proves that our objective is reached.
I thank you for your visit and “à bientôt”.

René Baiada
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My third trip to Marrakech and the first time I have stayed out of the old town, which I did because I was at a conference at the hotel. For anyone visiting the city I would recommend the old town for atmosphere every time but if you do like a large outdoor pool, plenty of space and to be able to retreat to some calm away from the centre then maybe this is for you. It's only 10 mins in a cab to the main square. I thought the hotel was nicely laid out although a bit sterile for my liking. Food was ok and the staff were helpful. A a conference venue it was more than adequate but if I was a tourist I would feel it lacks the atmosphere of the city.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Customer SEGARIA 226,

I thank you for being kind enough to put down your appreciation on your recent journey in Marrakesh in the hotel which I manage with a lot of pleasure, Kenzi Menara Palace.
You make the comparison between the old town and all the charm of the prestigious Medina, with a constructed and open hotel less than 4 years ago, offering very well equipped spaces, an immense swimming pool surrounded with magnificent luxuriant gardens.
I thank you of this comparison and am happy that you loved my hotel, its arrangement, the restaurants, the staff and the meeting hall.
I shall be delighted to welcome you again and shall make for me an enjoyment make you discover the other pleasures of the hotel.
Sincerely yours,

Portishead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Having read some of the reviews on trip advisor we were a little concerned as to what we would find but need not of worried as everything about the hotel was great. Large clean rooms, good food in all the restaurants, beautiful gardens and pool area a real oasis of calm after the hustle and bustle of Marrekech centre. We could if we wanted too start to get picky about some small aspects ie there were l areas of maintenance needed in some areas but it appeared that most of these were being addressed, some though not all staff were not as attentive but that suited us fine as in some hotels we have stayed at staff have been over attentive. The only minor issue would be that the balcony doors did not lock not an issue when you are on the third floor might be in you are on the ground. Summing up a great hotel and a great price and would have no hesitation in either recommending the hotel or staying there on a return trip

Room Tip: we had a garden room that did look onto the hotel grounds but also out across the roads and surround...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Customer SMARTIE580424,

I liked a lot the comment which you put down on the site of the travelers Tripadvisor ; first of all, you found that certain comments did not deserve the used severity.
On the contrary, you judge that the hotel is great, with large and clean bedrooms, very good food in all restaurants, beautiful gardens which create a real oasis of peace.
We note however your suggestion for the lock of the sliding doors of balcony and are going to remedy it.
Dear Customer SMARTIE, I particularly liked your magnificent conclusion which affects me and delights all my employees.
All my team joins me to thank you for your stay and we are impatient for receiving you again.
We wish you one very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This venue has so much potential: location is good (being slightly away from the city agitation - just a bear 5 min drive from Jemaa el Fnaa square - is enjoyable / feels like being in an oasis of calm ; in walking distance of Carrefour shopping centre offering food court, supermarket, clothing, multimedia shops and from very good night clubs including the Pacha (the biggest and most famous club in Marrakesh), staff are extremely friendly and helpful, lobby & pool settings are very nice, rooms are spacious, gym is great.
However maintainance of the premises is very average and definitely not in relation with its 4 star ranking (eg broken curtain hangers in the restaurant, screws left on the room balcony, wooden furniture in the room worn down, building in need of a paint coat refreshner...).
Rooms are very noisy (doors from other rooms are making dreadful noise when being shut, tile floor makes it a nightmare when other guests in rooms upper floor are walking especially late night or early hours of the morning, housekeeping ladies turning down the rooms at 07:30 on a sunday morning is really not pleasant).
Finally, the free shuttle service to Jemaa el Fnaa square ends late afternoon which is a pity as the nightlife of the square is a highlight of a stay in Marrakesh.

Room Tip: Rooms on the last floor and overlooking the pools are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Customer Rainbow Nomads,

I am very happy to receive your impressions of the last stay you made in Marrakesh in the hotel I manage, Kenzi Menara Palace.
I note with pleasure your complete satisfaction on the location of the hotel, the peace which reigns there, the staff who is extremely friendly and professional, the lobby as well as the swimming pool very pleasant and the big size of bedrooms and SPA.
On the other hand, we take advantage of this more quiet period, before Christmas and new Year holidays, to make works of refurbishment and shall be totally ready to receive you in the best conditions for your next stay in Marrakesh, in «your hotel ".
Waiting forward to welcome you soon,

Sincerely yours.