We stayed here 30th June - 7th July, the hotel was quite quiet as it is the low season in Morocco between June and August due to the heat (very hot 42+), 10 mins from the main area of Marrakech and the taxi's are so cheap around £2/3 if you get a small one so who can complain about cost! We enjoyed being about 10 mins away as it gave us a break from the madness and the noise of the main centre. We stayed half board and got a very good deal, only 2 of the 4 restaurants were open as there were so few guests but the two on offer were fantastic. The Moroccan was our favourite, the waiters are usually very efficient especially Ali in the international restaurant. Breakfast was a wide range of cakes/ pasteries/ fruit/ yoghurt/ omlettes/ pancakes. The hot selection I wouldn't recommend as were usually cold and cold chips and lumpy scrambled egg aren't the best. We were slightly suprised about the fact we had to pay for drinks with our dinner as to us half board should include even a glass of water at least, there is also an extra charge for certain meals but I would completely recommend taking the plunge and trying a few as the pastilla in the moroccan and the john dorry fish in the international are incredible. Presentation of all food was incredible and I have no complaints about any food!
The sunloungers are equiped with mattresses and towels and the staff around the pool are efficient and helpful. Beautiful big pool with the option of sitting under a sun umbrella or laying in the sun.
We had a massage each which was also incredible, would recommend the poolside massage deal 100%!
We took two trips out whilst staying here as was arranged by our rep. one for a moroccan cookery class taken at riad le arabe (which was the most beautiful place I've ever seen) I would highly recommend a cookery class whilst there as it is so interesting and tasty! We also took a trip to the coast, which is 2.5 hours away from the hotel, it feels really cold there compared to round the pool but it's deceptive, which we only discovered after being burnt!
Pacha is walking distance from the hotel and apparently the biggest nightclub in Africa, however we didn't get told that it is only free to get in Mon - Thurs and only good on a Saturday!
the YSL gardens are also a recommended trip!
We had one small problem when there as the maid left our door open, but as the safes are free and we had cleverly locked our important stuff away there was no real concern, however on mentioning to the guys at the reception they didn't seem overly bothered which was quite annoying.
Would highly recommend Kenzi Menara Palace & Morocco, beautiful country and amazing holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech