My Girlfriend and I stayed at the Hotel for a week. We had several discussions about the Hotel and it's facilities and have decided to write a decent review detailing some of the finer details and hopefully paint a picture for future guests expectations.
The Hotel is overall a great place to stay and I would return there, if I ever come back to Marrakech. Unless of course the new Raffles Hotel is open, in which case, I would choose that over the Kenzi Menara.
The huge Swimming Pool is a delight. It's maintained at a cool temperature so no matter how hot the day gets, a dip is always refreshing. Prices for Drinks and Snacks throughout the Hotel are reasonable but bare in mind that a 2l bottle of water from the Poolside Bar will cost you 30.00 MAD, whilst the exact same bottle 'Sidi Ali' will cost you 4.00 MAD at the Carrefour Supermarket around the corner. So, a little high on the profit mark-up you could say.
The Room was excellent, very spacious and well cooled, great on-demand TV service, plenty of wardrobe, drawer space and the bed was huge and very comfortable. The Bathroom was decent standard, the fittings seemed a bit cheap at first look and on day two our toilet flush got stuck and on day five the plug got stuck in one of the two sinks.
Our Coffee machine also broke and leaked water all over the floor. The hotel were told on day two, the engineer came to look at it, told us he'd return in 30 minutes but never came back.
Be advised that the Spa facilities are extra, even a 25 minute Sauna session will cost you.
My one BIG complaint. The Restaurants.
Seriously, without going on too much, the Moroccan Restaurant is awful! Really bad. The Cous-Cous tasted of boiled gherkin and we were not even given Harissa? It was Mutton and not Lamb as advertised and I had about 30g of meat amongst a tonne of grains with limp Veg. Skip it and go to Al Fassia, which is amazing and about 10 minutes walk from the Hotel.
The other Restaurant was open on our first night and was excellent! However, for the following four nights, this Restaurant was closed and a hot buffet was served instead? The hot buffet was horrible. The kind of food you expect in a 2 star hotel. Not 5 star at all. The best part? It's charged at 300 MAD per head which is outrageous!
The reason for the buffet replacing the Restaurant we were told by the Management was because there was "A lot of guests at the Hotel". if this is true, I find it ridiculous.
Frankly, the Hotel was almost empty? Very mysterious.
Well, there is plenty of great Restaurants in Marrakech - Al Fassia and Pepe Nero for example, so if the main Hotel Restaurant is open, try it once but make plans to go out and spend your money elsewhere for your other nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l’Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L’Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech