“Perfect for a quiet getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace

You added SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace to your Saves list
SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Zone de l'Agdal, av Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40 0000, Morocco   |
Ranked #183 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect for a quiet getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Spent a weekend in Marrakech and this hotel was just great, spotless with all the amenities you would need, rooms were huge, bathrooms where perfect and relaxing, only recommendation would be a pillow menu as they where rather uncomfortable. Breakfast is fantastic and the restaurants serve their purpose for the evenings. Staff at the spa where very helpful and all in all resort is highly recommendable. Only downfall I could say was the location..but in saying that it also plays a bonus as leaving the hotel nice and quiet and away from the mayhem of every day life

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
Glion, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

We were looking forward to our stay at this 'serious' hotel. Although clean and relatively luxurious, the facilties are missing spark. It felt as if we were renting a time-share apartment. Service was reactive and the hotel shops were closed most of the day. Being far from the old city centre the area misses the buzz. The hotel restaurant menu could be clasified as uninspirational. Overall, a somewhat boring stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

Just come back from staying at this beautiful Hotel, and cannot understand how its got bad reviews! hotel was spotless, had to adjoining premium pool view rooms. Large clean great views spacious balconies. Had to pay for the tea and coffee maker in the room, complimentary would have been nice. Concierge staff were helpful, friendly and professional at all times. Shieriff (hope i spelt it right, he speaks with a cockney accent) what a great guy. Hassan at the pool! Fab! entertaining helpful (even tho he speaks very little english) Pool bit cold guys could do with a turning it the heat up a bit. Yes it is ten mins from square, but how lovely to go to the haven and quiet after a day either in the square or Quad biking etc. Dont think its a disadvantage at all. Was very wary going to this hotel after reading bad reviews, would i go back again to this hotel? without doubt. Would i recommend it? yes, yes yes.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed in this beautiful new hotel for four days during a conference. The rooms and suites are spacious and very comfortable. The hotel was fully booked but never felt crowded, beautiful large pool and very friendly service throughout. The hotel is a +/- 10 min cab ride away from the center which means that nights are so quiet you can sleep with your balcony door open. Cabs are cheap and there is also a hotel shuttle to the main square. This will not give you the bustle and intimate feel of the Medina. The feeling is more that of a comfortable resort.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

In general, I like this hotel for what it is. It was a quick stop while on our way to Asia from NYC and I only did a quick tripadvisor search because I was so over doing all the research for the main leg of our journey. I had read about the pool not being open, but only after I booked the hotel and even then didn't know how much of a pain this would be since I had never experienced heat like this before.

If I could have walked around the Medina in wet clothes or just a bikini, I would have. They do provide a shuttle to another Kenzi hotel down the street and I totally wish I had booked that one because it was BEAUTIFUL with a fun DJ while this one just feels old in comparison! That hotel is also full of people while this one felt pretty light on guests. There was an indoor pool at the spa we could have used as well, and if you like to be the only person when you swim, you will love it. We had breakfast in the hotel each day and dinner there twice. The food was good, and the service from everyone was really nice. That was the one thing that I really liked about the hotel so I just overlooked the pool being closed.

I already knew that taxis would overcharge you if you ride from the hotel, but because I was usually not ready around the time the free hotel taxi took you into town, I did not mind. I just made sure to find a taxi who did not have a "broken meter" on the return trip. (Lots of taxi drivers try to rip you off in this city and say the meter is broken so it may actually be hard to find.) We finally did take the shuttle on the last day, but I really wish I had not because it really tainted my view of the hotel.

I was already a little sketchy about the place because everyone kept trying to push tours and such on us hard, but honestly, everyone in Marrakech was out to make a buck. We had planned everything out before we flew there so there was no need to book anything through the hotel.

One of the places the shuttle drops people off at is the "new city." There was a man and his child who got let out next door at Pacha and then it was just myself and another female in the car. The older, male driver had already been the first person at the hotel who was just not pleasant, but on top of it all, he dropped us off in front of a pile of rubble and points out that where we need to go is in the opposite direction. Conviently, he drops us off by another man he gets off the shuttle and starts speaking to who is of course a cab driver and says he can take us the rest of the way. Of COURSE the meter is not working and at this point there is NO ONE is nearby and NO OTHER TAXIS and THE GUY FROM THE HOTEL IS PULLING OFF. I would have rather just rode back to the hotel at that time, but since we were stranded all I could do was get in the taxi since I had no idea how far down the road I was from where I was trying to go. The guy told us 40 Dh to get a few minutes down the street by Zara as a reference in the "new city" and then when we got there he changed his mind and said he wanted 20 more AFTER giving him a 5Dh tip just so he could just be quiet and take us where we needed to be because he kept trying to take us to "his brother's shop which is the best place to eat" or "leather shops his friend owns." This guy was litterally pulling over showing us papers ads of these places, lol!

Coming from NYC I have no problem yelling at a pain in the butt cab driver and had it at that point between the two of them....I started yelling and refused to give the other 20, but 40 was still over priced.

I read tripadvisor all the time, and the reviews are pretty much dead on so I've never felt the need to write my own review before. After complaining to the hotel and the only thing they could say was that, the guy dropped us where no one was because it was "hot" so nobody was around.....I figure, let you all decide for yourself because as hot as it was.....as soon as we actually made it to the square, there were TONS of people both local and on vacay.

In my opinion, there are so many beautiful hotels here at reasonable prices so if you pick another hotel, your not missing anything.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
jadrouge, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you very much for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace during your recent trip to Marrakech city. I trust your stay with us was an enjoyable one, as you share that with others in Tripadvisor.
Our hotel is located in a peaceful 10-acre park and gardens, just 10 minutes by car from major attractions which makes it ideal as a haven of peace and tranquility.
We offer all our guests a free shuttle service to the town centre (Place de la liberté or Place Jemâa El Fna at their convenience) with prior notification at reception based on first-come first-served, due to a limitation of 8 persons in the shuttle bus (at fixed hours).
We are also pleased to inform you that the 1200m² olympic swimming pool is now open after being under works for 10 days, independently of our initiative.
We are eager to restore your confidence in our hotel. Please contact us directly if you have other questions.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Just to let you know, on August 17th 2010 some major work on the swimming pool have begun and ther pool will no be available for at least a month. And this hotel without qa ppol is like a couscous wihtout grain : "what is the point"
Furthermore we book a Garden veiw, which is, for the hotel a Parking veiw, the good side of the hotel being the swimming pool view, so be aware
Otherwise, apart from the isolated location, the hotel is fine and the staff adequate. The air con was a bit weak though.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Kenzi Menara Palace. We appreciate the opportunity to clarify what we think has happened. The outdoor swimming pool has been under works independently of our initiative. Please accept our sincere and unreserved apology for the inconvenience you experienced.
Nevertheless we put at your disposal for as long as maintenance work continues:
- the swimming-pool at Kenzi Menara Palace SPA
- the swimming -pool at "Le Pacha", 1 minute away(by car)
- the swimming-pool at Club Agdal Medina 2 minutes away (by car)
- the swimming-pool at Kenzi Farah 10 minutes away (by car).
The ride to Club Agdal Medina, to Pacha and to Kenzi Farah hotel were taken care of by the Kenzi Menara Palace. The maintenance works at the swimming-pool area didn't break into the peace of your stay.

We are eager to restore your confidence in our hotel. As a concrete form of apology, we offered all clients a free night, or a complimentary dinner for two, or a Spa beauty treatment at their convenience.

Concerning category room, you were able to change view by informing reception desk. They would be happy to serve you in a perfect way.

Please contact us if you have other questions,

Best regards
Rabat, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

we enjoyed our time in this hotel . it was really greatful : the swimming pool is so big and nice , the rooms are luxurious and spacious, the meals are delicious especially desserts. we have taken a sweet time and it had been a very good holiday . WE REALLY RECOMMEND IT

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace? Share your experiences!