My husband and I stayed at this riad for 1 week in May after it had been recommended to us by some friends and we were not disappointed! We can't say thank you enough to Ahmed and the rest of the team. We were welcomed with mint tea and delicious pastries and Ahmed spent ages talking to us about the area and showing us on the map the best routes around the city.
As we were staying a week our airport transfers were included and we were met by the best driver in Morocco , an absolutely lovely man called Yassine.
We booked Yassine for many other days out exploring the Atlas Mountains and surrounding areas and were fascinated to talk to him about his family, culture and life in Morocco. If you are looking at doing any excursions make sure you ask for Yassine. He will take you anywhere you want to go and is such a gentleman as well as being so fascinating to talk to.
We stayed in the room on the roof terrace and it was beautiful . We must also say a huge thank you to the chef ( so sorry, can't remember his name ) as we ate in the riad almost every evening and the food was exquisite , so much better then eating out.
Ahmed and the team really can't do enough for you, anything you need they will provide. Please don't consider staying anywhere else in Marrakech !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . and also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech