I just returned from a 4 night stay at this wonderful riad and i had the best time!
From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, every person working there is superfriendly, welcoming and so attentive! The service is what makes this place so outstanding!
We stayed in the Narjisse room, a very small but cosy room with all the comfort needed for a nice stay. The room is situated on the ground floor near the kitchen and the dining/breakfast area so for people sensitive to noices for sleeping, best bring earplugs. We both slept without, falling fast a sleep in the comfy beds after an active day! ;)
The breakfast on the rooftop terrace was to our taste and every morning something different! I missed more fruit with my breakfast but that's a personal taste. The freshly squized orange juice made up for that! :)
The location is in the south of the medina, near the Royal Palace, about 20 minutes by foot to Djmaa El Fna. And if you're to tired to walk back after all the slow pace walking through the souks ;), just stop a taxi and ask to bring you to Bab (gate) Hmar, very close to the riad.
It is true what i read on the forums though, try to stop an older men driving a taxi, they're far less pushy then the young men and correct in their pricing. To give you an idea of the pricing:
* Bab Hmar - Jardins Majorelle: DRH 40
* Bab Hmar - Djmaa El Fna: DRH 20
In the night, taxi's are more expensive. Do try discussing the price, it's typical Marrakech and it's a good excercise when buying something you need/want! :)
The massage they offer (Touria) is "out of this world, sensationaly good" !!! Best massage of my life so my advice to you all: go for the 1h massage, you'll not be sorry!!
We had 1 dinner there and wauw -again- ! Royal Couscous is soooo jammy but when they say "royal" in Marrakech (and definitly in this riad), don't feel to bad after finishing and seeing no change to the plate... :D You'll not be the only ones!
I'll definitly return to this gem when back in Marrakech and i will recommend it to my friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . and also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech