This was our first trip to Marrakech, and staying at Riad La Porte Rouge (we stayed for 7 nights) has made this one of our most favourite and memorable holidays...
This is all thanks to Karen, Adil, Saeed, Mustafa, Karima, Malika, and Max the Riad's cat!
As soon as we stepped inside, we received a friendly welcome, along with Moroccan tea and pastries. We were so impressed by the stunning furnishings, complimented throughout with warm, rich colours. Our room on the first floor was quiet, private and spacious.
The breakfast each morning is delicious and different everyday. The menu has a great selection of Moroccan dishes, even their couscous is homemade at the Riad. The meals we had were tasty and plentiful, and hard to resist! We loved spending time relaxing on the rooftop terrace or on one of the comfy lounges in the courtyard, sipping a cocktail.
Karen is absolutely wonderful, and she arranged for us to join a group day tour to Ourika Valley, which was a great experience (we recommend to book the excursions at the Riad). I also had a body massage (I booked it one day before), which was so relaxing after a day at the souks.
The staff are true stars!! They are so genuine, professional and friendly. We enjoyed chatting with all of them, and nothing was too much to ask. On our last night, Mustafa even arranged a delicious surprise meal, requested by my partner - best tagine ever!
We highly recommend Riad La Porte Rouge to anyone visiting Marrakech. We felt at home instantly and our expectations were exceeded in every way... words cannot describe!
We really enjoyed our time, and would love to visit again.
Jayne & Niro,
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . and also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.