We spent seven nights here and are already planning a trip back! That is how charming this Riad is. In summary:
- Very friendly staff who are always on hand to help, whether it is to provide a drink or explain the excursions available.
- Extremely clean.
- Large comfortable air conditioned rooms.
- Large comfortable bed.
- Stunning dinners! We recommend the beef tagine (the best food we had all week by far). We felt the meals and drinks were also very good value.
- Fab breakfasts. They varied slightly each day, including pancakes, crepe, cake, custard, fruit. Plus each day you have bread, preserves, juice etc.
- Lots of seating on the terrace and inside, for sunbathing or relaxing in the shade. There is also a hot tub and massages are available.
- And there is the resident cat, Max! Ensure you keep a little of the beef for him!
Porte Rouge is away from all the hustle and bustle of the main square and souks. For us, this was a very good thing. It's about 10 minutes to a small square (where Kosybar is conveniently located) and another 10 minutes up to the souks. We went everywhere on foot, but we would recommend getting taxis for those who don't like having to avoid mopeds and cyclists.
We highly recommend!