We had a lovely stay in this quiet Riad in August. A driver came and picked us up at the airport around 2am and brought us directly to the Riad and we were able to check in seemlessly, despite our late arrival. The room was gorgeous, nicely decorated and with an amazing bathroom and it was peacefully quiet. We had a lovely breakfast with fresh orange juice and some rolls and jam. It was a convenient 15-20 minute walk from the Riad to the heart of the Central square which we were able to navigate pretty easily (using the map). The guys were very helpful with helping us arrange our itinerary, even booking us an afternoon cooking class and taking me to the local hamam for an authentic bathing experience (keep your underwear on, it was clean and quite adventure!!). We also had dinner on the roof top terrace one night and the beef with prunes and apricots was absolutely superb! My friend's chicken filo pie was also good. I think this would be a great spot for a couple, though it worked for friends as well. My only complaint is that the pool is really small and there is no space for sun lounging, so you should not plan a pool-side holiday here. The pool is only really for giving the courtyard another lovely addition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech