We loved staying at the Porte Rouge! Said was the most welcoming host, and immediately made us feel at home. He offered us tea upon our arrival, and gave us a fantastic overview of the city. His recommendations were excellent, and he answered all of our questions. He helped us book taxis as well as bus tickets, and made sure we had everything we needed. The rest of the staff was also wonderful- everyone was accommodating, helpful, and so hospitable. The riad is beautiful and spacious, with a lovely courtyard, living room, and beautiful rooftop terrace. It is peaceful, quiet and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was delicious- coffee/tea, fresh orange juice, pastries, breads, etc. There is also a jacuzzi on the roof, which was a lot of fun. We stayed in the Narjisee room for the first night, and then they upgraded us for the second night to the Kaoutar room! Both rooms were clean, comfortable, and beautifully decorated. The Kaoutar room was especially nice, with a spacious bathroom, a couch, and a big closet. All rooms have air conditioning and a safe. The riad is located right off the main road by Bab Hmar, but it is very quiet. It is about a 15 minute walk into the main square (or an inexpensive taxi), and the riad is very close to the Bahia and Badi palaces. We had such an amazing stay at the Riad Porte Rouge, and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Marrakech!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . and also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech