As soon as we got to the riad they took our suitcases and gave us mint tea and yummy Moroccan pastries to welcome us. Youseff gave us a map to help us navigate our way to the bustling main square. The riad is tucked away down an alley in a residential area just inside the medina walls. At first we struggled with navigation but soon found our way to the main attractions. On the way to the Jeema el Fna square we walked through the Jewish quarter, a quieter area with great shops and the sophisticated Kosybar- well worth a visit.
The raid itself is beautifully decorated with amazing attention to detail. We were lucky enough to stay in the rooftop "pink" room and enjoyed the direct access to the jacuzzi- fantastic after a long day haggling in the souks or relaxing on the sun-drenched terrace.
The food was the best we had whilst we were there. Marrakech was quite a culture shock for us, but having a nice riad to stay at where we felt comfortable and well looked after really helped us acclimatise and fully enjoy the experience. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . and also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech