This January 2013, our family of 4 including 2 teenager visited Marrakech for the first time. We are so glad we stayed at Riad la Porte Rouge and really enjoyed our stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly and Karen was really helpful when I contacted her by email arranging transfers etc. Ali was very welcoming and the food was the best! Try their beef tagine and Royal cous cous. We ate at a couple of other places but there was no comparison. We had our breakfast each morning on the sunny terrace, and were presented with different home-made goods each time, which were all delicious. It was lovely to be just on the edge of the Medina and found our time in the riad very relaxing. We visited the new town too and La Mamounia where Winston Churchil stayed which was lovely and very posh (a little out of our price range!), but were glad we chose to stay at Riad la Porte Rouge and experience the "real" Marrakech. I would definately recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . and also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech