My daughter and I stayed here for four nights. The small hotel has just 8 rooms and it is half an hours drive from the centre of Marrakesh in quiet surroundings.There are some lovely relaxing rooms and the large outdoor heated pool is clearly an attraction especially on warm days.
Staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good.
I cannot give a 5 star rating, however, as there are several needs for improvements:
* On several occasions there was no water hot or cold in our room twice when coming in cold from the pool.
* The twin room we had needed a few more basic things as one would expect from a hotel at this level: a waste paper bin, a chair or a stool and somewhere to hand bath towels not just a hand towel.
* Some things are over priced especially the tour trips that can be arranged by the Kasbah, We were able to arrange the same trips for half the price from an agent in central Marrakesh and we were still picked up and returned to the hotel.
* Finally we were given a complimentary drive back to the airport, We were told this would take half an hour and worked out times accordingly. After that it was decided to do the journey via central Marrakesh in the middle of the rush hour to drop a family off for sight seeing. This meant that it took at least an hour to get to the airport and it was stressful wondering whether we would get there in time.Surely going to the airport must come before sightseeing or time should at least be allowed for the diversion especially at busy times.
We a few upgrades at the hotel,however, it could indeed be an outstanding place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a stunning natural setting, facing the Atlas Mountains, the Kasbah Dar Ilham welcomes you to an unpretentious luxury that combines Moroccan knowledge with the modern comfort of the services provided. Alain and his devoted team, attentive and discreet, welcome you and will turn your stay into an unforgettable experience. Luxury and simplicity: The utmost luxury resides in life's simple things and happiness is the combination of all small pleasures, like relaxing by our wonderful swimming pool of 72 x 26 ft, heated in winter for your greater comfort, or enjoying your well-being in our Jacuzzi for up to 6 people. Enjoy a delicious breakfast under the arches or in the terrace and discover the wonderful cooking concocted by Aicha and her team. You can also choose between a numerous range of different additional activities available, like golfing (3 courses just 15 minutes away), horse riding, SUV riding, jet skiing, quad, kart racing and many others. Marrakech's well-being: Your stay wouldn't be complete without a special moment for yourself in which Nawal, our beautician/masseuse will make you discover the advantages of a traditional Hammam and the secrets of numerous cares and Oriental massages. Everything here is made for you to have pleasant moments, to discover the traditions and the culture of Morocco, and to make you leave full of charming memories... So that you come back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Kasbah Dar Ilham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.