“This hotel was from the first second we walked in amazing the staff the rooms outstanding !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Kasbah Dar Ilham

20% off room rate
Ranked #296 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my boyfriends 30th birthday. I never write reviews but I feel I need to express how lovely this hotel is. The room we stayed in was a suite and amazing inside down to the last detail when we come home from being out and all candles had been lit in our room it was such a lovely touch. The staff were always extremely friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble. Ali the hotel manager would always go out of his way to ask if everything was ok with our stay you could tell he was truly interested. Thanks to everyone at the hotel including the lady who made all our nice freshly cooked evening meals would highly recommend this hotel
Claire and anthony

• Stayed April 2012

745 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is the best stay i have ever experienced on holidays.I have travelled quite a lot in my life even for my job.I have stayed in small places as in 5 stars hotels. But Dar Ilham was something really special.Imane and her staff did everything they could to make me feel at home.I had to stay longer as I broke my foot during my trip and I xwas treated so kind and so well.The food was very good and the place so quiet.I ll come back soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Dar Ilham is a beautiful property about 12 km outside of Marrakech. Phenomenal staff, gorgeous grounds, comfortable rooms.They go to great lengths to accommodate you!

We stayed in the FEZ room overlooking the pool with a nice balcony. True peace and quiet after the filth and craziness of Medina.

Hotel has free pick up and drop off at the airport. Free shuttle leaves for Medina at 11 and 6. You can also get picked up anytime you like for $30 round trip.

IMPORTANT: Do not take city taxis back to the hotel under ANY circumstance, use ONLY hotel drivers. Taxi driver promised to take us to the hotel and dropped us off in the middle of the desert half way to the hotel because "he wasn't allowed to go further" AND expected a full payment for this ride! I think not! Hotel staff came and picked up us after a major fist fight with the taxi driver. If getting into a physical argument in the middle of a desert in 100+ degree heat isn't your type of adventure do yourself a favor and take hotel taxi. It's $30 round trip and well worth it!

2 things I think they should improve: internet has got to work everywhere, not just on the terrace. Breakfast needs to have protein such deli meats or any other cold cuts, not just carbs and sweets.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My friend and I are just back from a week at this hotel and find it very difficult to fault it. It is an oasis of calm away from the crazy hustle and bustle of Marrakech centre. Let's get the downsides out of the way first, as they are minor and generally that's what people want to know when reading reviews. The hotel is located quite far from the city centre and you are reliant on the hotel transport (takes around 30 mins by taxi) - the journey isn't particularly pleasant in the heat of the day/early evening and if you travel outside of the free shuttle times of 11am and 6pm then the cost is fairly high at 330 dirhams (about £25 per round trip). However, we felt it was worth being this far out to have the beautiful pool area and the quiet and safe feeling to the hotel. Also, the firm who run the taxis and the hotel are very accommodating and reliable when you need picked up. The only other slight downside is the repetition of the food - the quality is high. But, we were there for 8 nights (a lot longer than other people in general) so we stayed in the hotel a lot more. And it was our choice to stay in as we loved the hotel so much. There is a set menu each day based on what is bought at market and they offer mainly traditional Morrocan food. I don't honestly think this would be an issue at all for anyone staying for 3-5 days and if it is, then just go out!
The positives of this hotel are pretty endless - very clean, polite and very helpful staff who will give you plenty of advice (special thanks to Leila, waitress and Ali, manager), beautiful pool area, gorgeous bedrooms of a generous size, high quality food and all in all a wonderful break from the city centre.
If you want to experience Marrakech, but want some rest and relaxation too, then look no further than this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms here are quiet, but I would recommend one with a balcony rather than one without. Double c...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Riad dar ilham is a great place, 12 km or so away from the heart of Marrakech, it's a great place to unwind and relax. The real beauty, is that it allows you to go into the heart of Marrakech on your own terms, and then retreat, and relax when you want.

Te riad has a fantastic pool, is super relaxed, and the food is top draw, if a little expensive in Marrakech terms, bjttje service from the newy acquired Imane and the entire team is highly personal, as an example, due to our departure flight of 20.40, we were offered an additional room in which we could shower etc after enjoying the accommodation for the best part of an extra day.

You should know that this place is not centrally located, it's a 20 euros round trip into town if you don't line up with the free buses, and the food is a little pricey, but your research should brace you for this, overall, it's top draw.

However, if relaxation is your thing, this is definately the place.

One thing for the owners, wireless Internet connection, it's really a must that you improve this, the intermittent service is frustrating.

This is a top 3 place in Marrakech, suffering because some of the people giving bad reviews have not done their geographical homework, enjoy.

Practically, the riad lays on complimentary shuttle buses at 11 am and 6pm,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had a fabulous holiday with my partner, from airport our transfer was very friendly and took us through the craziness Jemaa elfna square.
By the time we reached the hotel which is about 30 minutes from the airport, reachable by a short bouncy ride along a dirt road.
The reception staff bringing us refreshments while our room was prepared, beautiful clean rooms, fantastic surroundings, Helpful staff
Food was fantastic, Moroccan tagine and meals and exceptionally the couscous!!!!!!!!!
The interior of the Hotel is stunning, good value and the perfect place to relax and enjoy thousand nights and one.
We recommend this hotel so much and also we recommend Marrakech by Air (balloon air) when you visit Marrakech, it was one of the best days of my life.
My boyfriend enjoyed it so much that’s why we changed our check out date (+ 2 nights).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I live in Casablanca and my parents and aunt came to visit. We wanted to take them to Marrakech but try to avoid the craziness of staying in the medina. Dar Ilham is a ways out of the way, about 13 km outside Marrakech, and next to a sketchy little area but inside it's an oasis of calm. We took over most of the riad portion. My parents and aunt liked their rooms all right but my wife and I had a room downstairs with no hot water and fixtures falling off the walls. We spoke to the female manager who was rude and basically told us to deal with it because they were aware of the problem but couldn't figure out how to fix it. This same manager was very rude when we tried to arrange a dinner at the riad. This was all surprising because dealing with the other manager, Ali, was very pleasant and professional. Based on our experience, I wouldn't stay there again and wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
darilham, Manager at Hotel Kasbah Dar Ilham, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Hello,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your comment. Our guests’ opinions are really very important for us to move forward. We are pleased to contact you regarding your recent complaint against our Hotel during your recent stay with us. Unfortunately, it is our Hotel policy that no outside food or drink be brought into the hotel from outside. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, since you have booked a hotel that means you have a service available, you can do it in another location as if you rent a villa or a house. that’s why Miss ASMA the only Manager in the hotel explain to you that it’s forbidden to bring the TANJIA from outside mainly we have everything in the hotel, through the work of our Manager and her team, we receive good reviews on almost every departure of a customer
…and we hope that you understand and respect our policies.

Your room is the only one that had this problem with hot water, but was fixed the same day, and we are also very pleased to learn that your parents liked there rooms in Riad Dar Ilham.

Your business is very important to us, and we look forward to your return to our hotel, we assure you that we have always been attentive to every guest’s request and every wish, and we always do the maximum to make our guests stay as pleasant as possible. This has always been our policy.

Riad & Kasbah Dar Ilham

Been to Hotel Kasbah Dar Ilham? Share your experiences!