Do not expect 5* standards for this greatly over rated hotel, the cleanliness and rooms are great but so much lets it down!!!!!!
As with all the staff in all areas, who are friendly, they just seem to be going through the motions and seem on edge.
We witnessed severe reprimands by management to cleaning and pool staff which were unnecessary in front of guests!!!! The phrase " too many chiefs and not enough injuns" come to mind and no more so than in the Restaurant, where it was under staffed and unkept after initial layup for opening!!!. 5* hotels do not serve drinks in dangerously chipped glasses and carafes!!! 5* hotels do not let customers use badly chipped plates and cups for any meals!!!!! 5* hotels do not run out of clean serviettes for late diners!!! 5* hotels do not clear your table as you are eating (removing your saucer whilst drinking coffee from the cup)!!! The food was very average with choices to suite all tastes but very repetitive on all meal fronts. Watch out for the entertainment team who seem to think its ok to sit at your table with you for meals and repeatedly ask you to come to see the shows!!! By the way...the shows are very un professional and somewhat cringe worthy!!!! Don't think we sat through one if we went !!
The all inclusive bar is not big enough and when the weather changes for the worse becomes the main focal point for the evening, a resident duo are brilliant but sadly are not allowed to perform during the entertainment team shows and then are over run by the entertainment team later in the evening. Drinks are queued for in a typical English manor apart from the French guests who seem to think they must always come first!!! Spirits have a very sweet sickly taste, beer is half liquid half froth (when its not run out) and wine is average!!
There are other bars/ restaurants which we used but not included in the all inclusive package and found these to be of a standard suitable to a 3/4* Hotel. No chips /broken equipment or china in these places but were always empty and as they are larger in space a bit of a rethink should be made by the management. The rooftop bar was never open and looked as though it was in need of refurbishment!! All restaurants and bars should be made NON SMOKING!!!!
Lovely pools and terrace area with good sunbeds which did not have to be reserved early in the day, pool towels are supplied by a very stupid system via reception ( A4 print off) and then given to a poolside attendant who was always cleaning the pools!!! Be advised.....the pools are very very COLD!!!! Didn't use the Aqua park pool although went to look....cant understand why this facility comes at an extra cost?? 3 slides only of which only 2 were working!!
Spa looked very upmarket but unless we were to purchase a treatment we weren't getting access!!!!!!!
Great views of the atlas mountains on a clear day!! Would recommend a trip up them using the very professional in-house trip/guide company.
Be warned...this hotel is a fair distance out of Marrakesh city centre and lay on a free shuttle bus(max 17 people) to and from the city centre. This must be prebooked a minimum of 4hrs in advance but a couple of days in advance is more like it!!! Taxi to city from hotel approx. 200dirhams each way if you miss it!! Bus to city on the hour from 9.00am and returns on the 1/2 hour last bus 8.30pm.
My wife and I were only issued 1 keycard for the room access (as was all guests) and when asked reception for another was told it would be at a cost and IF you lost one you would incur a charge!!!
A couple of good points now......Fatima in reception was most helpful and informative on our arrival and during our stay and should be praised!!!!
We prebooked taxi transfers from the airport to the hotel via email from the uk through the hotel and felt that this service was very good and would recommend it. Cost is fixed at 180dihrams.
Lastly....the best beds in large rooms we have ever slept in for comfort!!
DO NOT EXCHANGE YOUR MONEY IN UK AIRPORTS!!!! BETTER RATES IN MARRAKECH AIRPORT AND EVEN BETTER RATES IN EXCHANGE OUTLETS IN CITY>>>NO PASSPORT REQUIRED!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. A flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned suites. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom. Mediterranean, Moroccan and international cuisine are served in the 3 restaurants, 1 of which offers an Arabian-Andalusian orchestra. Enjoy a drink in the Esplanade Jazz Bar or the Piano bar and an American breakfast is prepared every morning. Eden Andalou Aquapark & SPA also has a heated indoor pool and an aqua-park with a supplement. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from the city centre and Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, HostelBookers, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech