Firstly the positives, the hotel looks lovely, the grounds (although not as big as they seem from the website) are well kept, the hotel rooms are large clean and well designed! The hotel location is lovey right in the shadows of the mountains!
Now the negatives, firstly as you can see from other reviews giving negative feedback, the hotel is only defensive and won't accept any criticism simply responds by regurgitating that it is a five star resort. In fact in Marrakech there are three levels of five star, this being at the bottom level, which in my mind makes it a 3 star, far more appropriate rating. I expect a response, if any from the hotel proving my point to this. So any complaints made are handled in the same way defensive or completely ignored!
So the biggest negative was the food! I could go on about how the food was boring, repetitive, and never hot only warm!but ultimately the proof in the pudding is how ill we both were! In fact 2 weeks after getting back, 2 drs appointments later, we are both still suffering quite badly! I have had bad stomach being abroad before, you expect it to some a degree, but nothing like this! We were both doubled over in pain for about 48 hours! I put this down mostly to the fact the food was warm, kept luke warm never hot, perfect temperature for bugs to grow! We both felt much better when we only ate off the pasta or wok station where it is all cooked hot in front of you so you know it will be hot!
Other issues, although only passing comments, the pools were freezing,not cold absolutely take your breath away freezing! The entertainment, oh my god! Terrible! One evening the kids entrainment was still going at 10.30 pm, hardly what adults want to spend there evening being inflicted by! The 'al a carte' restaurants are fixed menus no choice, tough if you don't like it and are not included in the drinks package, we only did one of our nights and cancelled the other! Also the shuttle bus has about 10 seats and gets full really fast, so there can be no spur of the moment decisions to go into the city everything has to be booked well in advance!
Finally, which I have a moral issue with, the trips they offer are run by the companies in the city, the difference being the 200% they are adding to the price! I would prefer to give my money in full to the locals running the firm than subsidise the hotel by this level so they can book the tour for you! The day trip to the mountains and waterfall for instance was 200d in the city but 600d from the hotel!
Absolutely would not recommend this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. The 250 suites spread over six riads and surrounding beautiful flowered patios. Domes carved stucco, zellij, white marble and Bohemian crystal dominate the 2 lounges, Oriental and Andalusian. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom, free safe and Wi-fi. A hotel downtown, Andalusian Esplanade faces the gardens and 2 pools the Majorelle 25m long heated in winter, white pool 35 meters long lined with its wooden deck Teck. Atlas summits are facing you. Many bars and restaurants surround the Esplanade: The Fez, the Atlas restaurant, first floor, Mimosa, open alternately. The Bougainvillea is a bar for All in and Jazz Bar and extras for those who want to do more fun. Adjoining Aquapark offering over 17 slides and attractions (open from 01/03 to 31/10). The hotel has beach volleyball, basketball, mini football and ping pong. Mediterranean, Moroccan and international cuisine are served in the 3 restaurants, 1 of which offers an Arabian-Andalusian orchestra. Enjoy a drink in the Esplanade Jazz Bar or the Piano bar and an American breakfast is prepared every morning. Eden Andalou Aquapark & SPA also has a heated indoor pool and an aqua-park with a supplement. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from the city centre and Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech