Firstly the positives, the hotel looks lovely, the grounds (although not as big as they seem from the website) are well kept, the hotel rooms are large clean and well designed! The hotel location is lovey right in the shadows of the mountains!
Now the negatives, firstly as you can see from other reviews giving negative feedback, the hotel is only defensive and won't accept any criticism simply responds by regurgitating that it is a five star resort. In fact in Marrakech there are three levels of five star, this being at the bottom level, which in my mind makes it a 3 star, far more appropriate rating. I expect a response, if any from the hotel proving my point to this. So any complaints made are handled in the same way defensive or completely ignored!
So the biggest negative was the food! I could go on about how the food was boring, repetitive, and never hot only warm!but ultimately the proof in the pudding is how ill we both were! In fact 2 weeks after getting back, 2 drs appointments later, we are both still suffering quite badly! I have had bad stomach being abroad before, you expect it to some a degree, but nothing like this! We were both doubled over in pain for about 48 hours! I put this down mostly to the fact the food was warm, kept luke warm never hot, perfect temperature for bugs to grow! We both felt much better when we only ate off the pasta or wok station where it is all cooked hot in front of you so you know it will be hot!
Other issues, although only passing comments, the pools were freezing,not cold absolutely take your breath away freezing! The entertainment, oh my god! Terrible! One evening the kids entrainment was still going at 10.30 pm, hardly what adults want to spend there evening being inflicted by! The 'al a carte' restaurants are fixed menus no choice, tough if you don't like it and are not included in the drinks package, we only did one of our nights and cancelled the other! Also the shuttle bus has about 10 seats and gets full really fast, so there can be no spur of the moment decisions to go into the city everything has to be booked well in advance!
Finally, which I have a moral issue with, the trips they offer are run by the companies in the city, the difference being the 200% they are adding to the price! I would prefer to give my money in full to the locals running the firm than subsidise the hotel by this level so they can book the tour for you! The day trip to the mountains and waterfall for instance was 200d in the city but 600d from the hotel!
Absolutely would not recommend this hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Hotel
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New concept in Marrakesh, the Eden Andalou Spa & Resort offers 6 magnificent riads, facing the Atlas mountains, in unforgettable Andalusia gardens, taking the mind back to the Hispanic-Moorish palaces of the 10th-century with its patios and fountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HostelBookers, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.