This is my honest review and will highlight both the good as well as the bad points and only hope that if the hotel do reply to this, they actually answer the points raised rather than refer that this is mentioned on there website, as all this shows is that your hotel is incapable of listening to its customers and will continue to have many empty rooms whilst your local competitors are always fully booked if you can't accept constructive criticism?
1. Hotel is kept extremely clean in general and can't imagine anyway finding a fault with this.
2. The rooms are very nicely decorated, black out curtains, extremely comfortable beds and 2 English movie channels to watch all day. Powerful shower, 2 wash basins and a phone by the toilet!?
3. Breakfast, lunch and dinner (dinner in main dinning area at least) was very nice and we were both happy with the variety and quality offered, with the exception of deserts
4. Free shuttle bus into Marrakech. This was needed as this hotel's locality is away from a lot of attractions. But finishes at 8:30pm with local taxis charging 120MAD/£10 each way if needed for 25min trip.
1. The drinks are limited. Only 1 bar available during the day for all inclusive customers (who don't wish to visit the always empty Jazz Bar and PAY extortionate amount for any drinks, including coke or water!? The only bar open will often have a cue and the single guy serving has got to be the most miserable and rudest member of staff on this resort/Marrakech! Only 2 drinks per person, these will be served in very small glasses and often half full. What little cocktails offered are from a pre-mixed vending machine and again served in tiny glasses, be it plastic for pool area or not. No Sangria, even though it was listed on the drinks menu offered (for example).
2. No Panoramic Bar AT ALL, closed with no excuse or apology for the duration of our stay, meaning the only place to go in the evenings (for free that is) was to sit out in the main area and watch the "entertainers!?!" Read below.
3. In door swimming pool does look fantastic. Problem is it cost 150MAD/£12 each time you wish to use it!?!
4. The gym is okay but problem is YOU ALSO NEED TO PAY 150MAD/£12 each time you wish to use it. No doubt I will get a reply from their customer service manager "it is stated in our small print"! But that is still unexceptable for a wannabe 5* hotel.
5. Towels for use around the pool. Step one, ask for a towel at the far side of the pool. Step two, unless to get a receipt from reception for 200MAD/£18 deposit!? Reception mind you is located the other end of complex, how convenient is that!?
6. Speciality restaurants - usually the highlight of any all inclusive resort was disappointing on every level. Fixed menu with no options at all. Every drink is charged extortionately regardless if you are all inclusive or not. Example, we bought a coke for 25MAD/£2 each and was just handed a can to open ourselves!? Can not believe we both got dressed up for this type of service!?! Both restaurants were empty and last night the Italian did not bother opening at all, neither did the entertainment (which was actually a relief!)
7. "Entertainment" My god, usually when entertainment is this bad it can be ironically funny but sadly no, it couldn't even merit this! Please bare in mind that there is no real option outside this resort to go to, you are trapped with having to endure their performance! No live band or singers, their supposedly comedy skits are all mimed, along with any singing, nothing of any cultural relevance to Morocco, just totally abysmal! Example, a man with clown getup came on with his trousers down and sat on a bed pan and went on 5 minutes!? What the $&^"&?
If you want a cheap deal and can overlook the faults above, then it is worth a visit as they always have last minute deals where all the other big hotels don't. BUT if you did read all of the above, you can form a good idea why!...?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New concept in Marrakesh, the Eden Andalou Spa & Resort offers 6 magnificent riads, facing the Atlas mountains, in unforgettable Andalusia gardens, taking the mind back to the Hispanic-Moorish palaces of the 10th-century with its patios and fountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers and Otel so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech