Went on our first ever family holiday (2 adults & 3 kids) and got a deal half-board 7 nights at the Eden Andalous Spa & Resort.
Crucial mistake - shouldn't have gone half-board! Excusable as its our first holiday, but the attitude of the male reception staff sort of said 'serves you right for going half-board'.
Note - The difference between the All inclusive was quite a lot more to what was already an expensive trip.
First evening meal started with CHARGING me for water!! Apparently its not included half-board!! Restaurant manager was brilliant and sorted out the kids though (every night) ;-)
Breakfast was simple but repetitive and dinner was good and is what it is for a buffet restaurant. Kids were happy enough with the dessert and fruits to keep them going afterwards.
Kids club in the morning was a relief for a couple of hours, and kids were keen to go there pretty much every day.
Evening dancing for the kids in the open area was great and the entertainers always tried to drag in all the adults too. Really good evenings and kids were knackered every night!
Swimming pool area was never packed solid and we always found somewhere to put our stuff down and jump into one of the icy cold pools. Its such a nice swim and again not crowded at any time. Entertainment and games poolside throughout the day too.
The Aquapark is on the other side of the complex (2 mins walk). NOT included if you're half-board so expect to pay 120 dirhams per person per day! Lovely place and kids must've gone down the three slides 30 odd times till they were knackered. Its always manned so no-one does does any party tricks down the slides!
Really clean hotel, good wifi in reception area and by the poolside (none in the room). The free shuttles into Marrakesh were really handy and we ventured out pretty much every day, had to go out for lunch anyway as it was expensive at the hotel but we didn't mind.
Wouldn't go back to Marrakech again as we've done that now but I'd definitely highly recommend this hotel for families; but please go all inclusive!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New concept in Marrakesh, the Eden Andalou Spa & Resort offers 6 magnificent riads, facing the Atlas mountains, in unforgettable Andalusia gardens, taking the mind back to the Hispanic-Moorish palaces of the 10th-century with its patios and fountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech