“5 Star moroccan style” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #291 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Amsterdam
“5 Star moroccan style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Hotel Eden Andalou is a pretty good hotel but more like a 3 star, the hotel really shows the different standards in morocco compared to Europe.

The hotel is resort style which is great, 2 pools lots of possibilities to lounge and to drink a beer, mint tea or smoke sisha. It is outside the city you can go to Marrakech by taxi which is about 150 DHS or take the complementary shuttle bus which runs every hour till 20 hrs.

The rooms are pretty big and can easily sleep 2 adults and 2 children.
The bathroom is a good size and has a separate shower, tub and even a separate toilet.
The water pressure and temperature is fluctuating and the TV had only one channel that worked properly luckily it was CNN ;-)

The food is really average. the breakfast had hot orange juice, cold coffee and chocolate breads without chocolate. The buffet dinner was tasteless and not enough choice. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to eat in the hotel.

The staff is better than expected, we spend a lot of time in the bar and the waiter really understood us and gave is good service with a smile. The reception is a little messy but I did make a restaurant reservation and they took care of taxi reservations all that with a smile. There are a few staff members who are not happy working in a hotel but overall pretty good.

The overall building quality of the hotel is not up to par, painting is lacking walls are not finished and landscaping is not great.

The hotel has potential the location is beautiful, the resort style is good but it needs to improve a lot.

Average hotel good price quality

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room facing the pools
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

me and my family stayed at this hotel for 7 days and it was a real pleasure, me my wife and three kids aged 4,5,n 7 absolutely enjoyed this hotel as we couldnt find anything wrong, the only regret we had was that we had only bed and breakfast and should have booked half board atleast as this resort is 20 mins away from the main shopping square. the staff were helpful and friendly and so were the cleaners and porters.top room, clean and a fantastic view. oh and if this wasnt enough then this hotel provides a free shuttle bus to the main madina square every hour and returning every half an hour which you need to book a day before with reception, also a creche/mini club for the kids for 3 hours was a treat so me and wife could enjoy the pool/sun. then to top it all off there is a 3.5 euro hotel tax per person per night and with a liitle sweetness i was asked to pay for me and wife only and the kids were excused which just topped the holiday off. i would recommend this hotel to anyone with half board atleast. hotel is a credit to marrakech. thanks to all the staff and managers.

Room Tip: "2 kids or more then go for the family room no need to get seprate rooms"
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

It was our first time in Morroco and the hotel surrounding were very comfortable. The children enjoyed the pool as weather very warm in August. the food was lovely with achoice of out door grill and we really loved the breakfast outside. The staff were also very helpful and I remember one staff in the bar/ pool area who was particularly polite and helpful as he spoke excellent English, and gave us great information on the area - Yussef he was called.
we certainly would return for another holiday, probaly in the spring time when a little cooler for sight seeing and markets.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Since living in Madrid, we decided to take advantage of Ryann Air and see all there is to see in this part of the world.so the family took a 6euro/pp plane ride, and in no time we were in Morocco! Marrakech was wonderfully loud, busy, and mysterious.
The hotel has the potential of being a five star if not for the apathetic staff and lack luster service.
The rooms are fabulous (very Moroccan) and the grounds well kept. The kids enjoyed every moment at the pool and getting into town was pain free with the hotels shuttle service, (they need to get rid of those silly vouchers!)but the service is troubling: an 1r1/2 for soup ordered by room service, 45min wait for drinks pool side ( and it was NOT busy), the staff offered the minimum level of congeniality to keep their jobs and WE SPOKE french!! the list could go on, but you get the picture.
Over all we still enjoyed the sightseeing, souks, baths and mosques...oh don't miss the jardins.
we would even consider returning to this hotel, now that we know not to bother the staff!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've just came back from a 3 days break in Marrakech. without any doubt we have choosen the best hotel to stay in. A quiet and genuine atmosphere to relax from the busy city. The best it was the kindness and smile of the helpful staff. The excellent entertainment program and the delicius buffet.
I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and all the people who is thinking in discover this amazing and magic city.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Having just spent a fantastic long weekend with friends in Marrakech I felt the need to give some constructive criticism about the hotel as it has the potential to be fabulous.

It is quite a way out of the centre of Marrakech and taxi fares range from 120 to 200 MAD for journeys depending on the time of day. There is a free shuttle bus that finishes at 8.30pm..the city is only just getting started at that time. I commented that they need to increase the amount of buses they lay on as they were always full and the most frustrating voucher system when you get on them...a good idea would be for the driver to have a list of names and party numbers as, upon investigation, the bus was half empty but the driver was a bit of a jobs worth and we had to jump through hoops to get a seat!

The spa was okay, I communicated in diabolical french that I only wanted a back and shoulder massage and was offered a scalp massage as I had a deal that allowed me a full body. The massage itself was delightful and very restful.
The front desk staff were a little rude to one of my friends that put her back up and stopped us booking any more treatments. A little customer focussed rather than "you should be grateful" philosophy would be good. The day beds around the indoor pool had towelling covers that had not been replaced from one person to the next..a little eeugh for my taste.

The big problem with the place is the lack of attentive staff, there is a very lax attitude to service, one night we went to their moroccan restaurant, were seated and given menus only to be told that the kitchen had shut five minutes later! the next evening we tried again only to be told pastilla and all the specialities on the menu were not available as that chef was not there, I found it quite funny, images of fawlty towers were looming! I eventually had stuffed cockerel with dry fruits which was actually quite nice, DO NOT ask for the tiger prawns as my friend did, it may tip you over the edge when you see the size of them :-)

I would like to mention that some of the staff were very nice and generally everyone was friendly but I think they cannot cope with the workload, not that it was busy, we waited for 2 hours for room service one night and it was cooked by the night porter, bless him.

All in all it was a picturesque...ish place, dramatic mountain landscape at the back of the hotel, inoffensive music around the pool, pleasantly decorated rooms. Birdsong from the riad style courtyards wake you naturally in the morning. However, I have stayed at the Kenzi Oasis which is a similar rating before with my family and enjoyed that far more. There are other hotels nearer to the city with more amenities for the same price...such as comfy beds around the pool and who doesn't do free wifi these days??

We blew loads of money at Nikki Beach on lunch and wine that this hotel could have made out of us, attention to detail is everything

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

We decided to go here on a short break for 3 nights my son was 5 months old and we thought the hotel was clean and had some beautiful features . The worst thing for us was the staff they were so rude I asked for a kettle for the babies water and although I don't speak French it proved impossible to make them understand what I needed. The spa manager was so rude to us telling me to shut the baby up ( he was gurgling) nice hotel shame about the staff .

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa? Share your experiences!