“Not worth the Groupon discount” 2 of 5 stars

Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km 4 route d'Amezmiz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #300 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
malmö,
“Not worth the Groupon discount”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We booked 3 nights through Groupon and were greatly dissapointed by the overall experience. Everything in the hotel required a 'coupon' and they make it very difficult for you to get this. We were mostly upset about the horrible shuttle service that ended at 8:30pm because it costs 15€ with taxi to get to town. This being said, the location of the hotel is horrible.

Breakfast and Dinner Buffet included - Don't waste your dinner eating in the hotel. You will end up wasting your stomach on westernized Moroccan food. The tangines were cold in a 5 star-hotel?!! Beverage is not included, so you will pay extra for a glass of water.

Location - It was nowhere near the old or new part of town. Expect to pay at least 15€ each way to get to town (Jamma El Fna) if you don't make it on the shuttle.

Spa - it was included in our groupon for a 30 mins massage for a couples massage. After the masseuse was done, they left us there in the oil until we ran out naked to ask what was going on. Hamann was ok.

Room - the room was the only thing that was ok. It was very spacious however, they gave us a double bed when we asked for a single king bed. There was no coffee or tea dispenser. We had to call room service 5 times to get a menu.

Overall, it is not a good value even if you think you are paying 1/10th of the price. There are a lot of hidden costs. Wi-fi, for example, will cost you 5€ for 20 mins.

2,438 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
hove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We booked 3 nights here through Groupon and I must be honest my expectations were pretty low especially after reading some of the reviews. I must say it was a really pleasant surprise and there would be very little that I would find to complain about. The rooms are spacious, the beds amongst the most comfortable I've slept in, the bed linen crisp and of great quality and the shower superb with great pressure. We ate in 2 of the restaurants and found the food to be varied and of good quality and the overall amenities in the hotel to be good. They have 3 pools a lovely big terrace and a decent bar. The Hamman and gym are excellently appointed and all the staff are very friendly. The wi-fi prices are a little on the expensive side but the I.T manager sorted out a problem with my laptop that wasn't a wi-fi issue but something that was wrong with my computer for no charge and it took him about 45 mins! All in all I would recommend this place to anyone especially if part of an offer such as the one we had with Groupon which made it incredible value!

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We booked the holiday in March with GROUPON for 6 nights and planned to go in September 18th. On the way to the airport to fly out, we had to cancel and rebook our holiday due to personal circumstances. The staff were very understanding and there was no extra charge to rebook the holiday to November. On arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by a smile and this set the tone for the remainder of our stay.
The room was splendid - spacious, with an ante chamber and balcony view over the gardens. The room was cleaned daily and bed changed on request.
The Atlas restaurant offered a wide range of traditional Moroccan and European food which was fresh and extremely tasty and the desserts were delightful. We also went to the Italian restaurant with the a la carte menu which again met all our expectations for friendliness, service and food quality.
The relaxing aspect of the holiday was the massage and the pools ( one heated ) with four poster beach beds on the side. The daily massage set us up for the day exploring the Marrakech market. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we quickly settled into the local routine.
Five stars experience? Yes, indeed!
J&A Portsmouth

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011 via mobile

Stayed with 5 friends on a Groupon Package and had a fantastic time! We were all a bit put off by the reviews but found the hotel facilities and staff to be brilliant. As a vegetarian I was concerned about the buffet, but no need, there was loads of choice and we all loved the food. The souk was an experience I shall never forget, slightly scary, but incredible. For what we paid we had a relaxing time and a great laugh (Especially after our spa massages!) Life is too short to be complaining and moaning...

• Stayed October 2011
southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed here 8 November for 3 nights. After reading the many other reviews we were not sure what to expect - there are some scathing reviews and some complimentary ones. On the whole we really liked this place - the plus points are that the room we had was spacious and very comfortable, on the ground floor with a little patio and outdoor table and chairs, next to olive and lemon trees laden with fruit. We had emailed ahead to ask for a quiet room, after reading other comments, and we were given a perfect room, 157, off a delightful inner courtyard with banana palms and numerous birds. The grounds are lovely and the pools are fantastic. Everything is very clean and the staff, almost without exception, were really very pleasant and helpful. (Just a couple of waiters who were a bit grim). The massages were fantastic and the warm indoor pool after the massages was a delight.

The things I didn't like so much were the food - the buffet looks great at first look and the first night we were happy enough with it, but after the second night we couldn't face it again and opted for the Italian restaurant in the hotel for our third night. I liked the starter-type salads a lot from the buffet, but the main courses were all disappointing and the desserts were just sweet and boring. I am a keen foodie and love going to restaurants and cooking so perhaps I am too critical - but I have to say that the Moroccan food I have cooked at home from recipe books has always been a lot tastier than the food we had in Marrakech (hotel and in the city itself). It was much blander than I expected. The breakfasts were OK, apart from the coffee (again, I'm a bit fussy about coffee). It would have been lovely to have had a kettle in the room to make myself a hot drink and I wish I'd thought to take a travel kettle, a mug and some fruit tea bags.

The music that is played all day and evening gets very repetitive - they could do with a lot more variety in their playlist! We could predict which songs were coming next after the first day, but we had a good laugh over it. The singers in the Jazz Bar gave us some good entertainment with our pre-dinner drinks.

The hotel is situated in a very barren, rubbly landscape, but the Atlas mountains in the distance look lovely, and inside the walled hotel complex it is lushly planted and there are lots of roses as well as the olive, lemon and palm trees. The complimentary shuttlebus service in and out of Marrakesh was great and really made it easy for us to explore the city a bit. We absolutely loved our visit to the Jardin Majorelle (Yves St Laurent's garden) - we took the shuttlebus to the centre, then a petit taxi.

Overall, a good stay at the Eden Andalou (Groupon deal) and much better than we had prepared ourselves for!

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room away from music - it may take a long time to walk there the first time through al...
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed 3 nights and 4 days with a groupon voucher. We were apprehensive because of reviews we had read particularly about the service. However we were very impressed with all the staff from the time we arrived at the airport to the number of times we asked staff for assistance ! Particular mention should be made of Meriam who greeted us when we arrived and was very helpful and friendly at all times. There were a few points which were slightly shabby but in no way affected our stay. The shuttle service to Marrakech worked very well and having the number of meals and massages included made it exceptional value. The only real disappointment was the torrential rain ! The hotel overall provided a very welcome haven after the hectic pace of Marrakech.. I would definitely recommend this hotel for future visits.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this hotel in early September, we were greeted immediately with the glass of tea and we were so happy to be there, but everything changed when we got to our room, we had booked a suite but the room did not seem to be a suite.
I asked for a room that does NOT face to the pool, but my request was not complied, when I returned to reception to ask why, they told me, that was the suite for what I had paid for and they also told me that all of the suites are facing the pool.
Then I asked to see a double room to understand the difference, they told me that was the only available room and they had No other room to show me.
Is amazing because the day after I met one of my friends staying in the same hotel in a double room with his wife and the room was the same as mine, paid almost half of the price, when I go back to the reception the reaction was not good at all, I can't tell you how they answered me. is just shame.
Knowing a little bit of the Arabic language, I knew what they were saying about us.
I had also booked a transfer upon our arrival from the airport to the hotel, well, the driver never show up, we wait there about 45 minutes, when I decide to take a taxi to the hotel, when i asked why the driver did not show up, they did NOT even answered my question and ignored me.

I will never ever go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa? Share your experiences!