Me and my partner stayed in Eden Andalou mid September 2011 for 4 days on a Groupon voucher. Before I left to Morocco I was reading the reviews on this page and was really frightened after all the bad reviews about Eden Andalou.
I am not sure how so many people can't find it a great place because we did. The staff were so obliging- with booking us taxis VERY LAST MINUTE to go the Chez Ali Fantasia, with the shuttle service, with any questions we had. They were absolutely terrific - from the receptionists, to the pool guys, to the cleaning people, to the porters.
Okay, maybe the lady at the Spa Centre was a bit off-standish at first, but after a bit of patience and cautious treading she was really helpful too. I think more people who visit should be a little more understanding of I don't know, the culture or tradition maybe - the way they do things may just be different! And may need a different approach than what we'd take back home in the West.
The hotel was a bit far out I agree, but there is a FREE shuttle service running to and fro from the hotel. There is also a public bus that drives right past the hotel the whole day! I can't remember off the top of my head which it is but ask at reception. If you want a little adventure, I recommend taking the public bus into town and back. It's such a different experience - and only costs 4 Dhs each! (Also helpful if you miss a shuttle service, and if you want to get into town really early for whatever reason)
Also, we were a bit tucked away at the rear of the hotel, but so what! It's a 3 minute walk to get to the pool and the restaurant! And we got one card key for our room but just ask for another if it is so imperative that you need one.
Me and my partner feel we really got our money's worth and I think people should stop complaining about petty things and get on with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 3 km from Marrakech Airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. A flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned suites. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom. Mediterranean, Moroccan and international cuisine are served in the 3 restaurants, 1 of which offers an Arabian-Andalusian orchestra. Enjoy a drink in Esplanade jazz bar, and an American breakfast is prepared every morning. Eden Andalou Aquapark & SPA also has a heated indoor pool and an aqua-park with a supplement. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from the city centre and Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech