Like many others, I bought, not one but two Groupon deals to stay at Eden Andalou before I read the trip advisor reviews. I was very concerned when I read the reviews afterwards but there was little I could do by that point so I went with it anyway! I actually stayed on two separate occasions this summer.
Considering what we payed for the Groupon vouchers, the Eden Andalou was lovely! Like many others have said on here, it's not quite a 5 star. I can see how they are trying to be but they're not quite there. If I'd had payed 5 star prices expecting a 5 star resort then I would have been disappointed, but I didn't I bought a very good value Groupon deal and so I was very happy. The hotel was lovely, clean, nicely decorated. There are little things that let it down like the finishing on the tiling in the bathrooms is a bit rough, and the exterior of the hotel could do with repainting but overall it's lovely and very pleasant to stay in. The pools are all lovely and the staff were great - we didn't experience any rudeness from the staff as others have reported - they were all very friendly and helpful.
The "all you can eat" buffet style food was lovely and there was lots of choice. The breakfast was also great with lots of choice - although it's important to remember this a Muslim country so don't go expecting a full English!! But there is a huge choice of pastries, cereals, fruits, breads, yoghurt, juice and cooked eggs etc... They also offered a buffet lunch which was a bit pricey, and sold Crepes at the bar by the pool.
Everything is charged to your room and you pay for everything at the end of your stay - so its best to keep a tally of your drinks as they are quite pricey - they are charging 5 star bar prices for the drinks despite service, presentation etc.. not really being up to 5 star standard!
Bear in mind that the free shuttle bus in and out of Marrakech has to be pre-booked and only runs at certain times of day so check out the timetable when you get there and book any trips you want as the bus does get booked up. The last bus back to the hotel leaves quite early but it's worth staying on in the Medina and getting a taxi back later as Marrakech really comes alive later on. A taxi back to the hotel was roughly £15.
Also, if you have a Groupon deal that includes massages then book your massages when you arrive as they get booked up too. I found their massages quite light and personally I prefer more pressure so I had to ask the masseuse's for more pressure. But they were very friendly and happy to oblige. Just be aware.... if you're going in a group or a with family, they think nothing of putting you all in the same room and asking you all to strip off ready for your massages!! They cover everyone's faces with towels whilst they massage everyones bare chest areas!!! Bit uncomfortable when you are sharing a room with your parents or sister and sisters boyfriend as I was!!! Ladies, be warned, they do massage your bare boobies! Which was a shock to me at first!!
Overall we had a lovely stay here given what we'd paid. The weather was fantastic and the hotel was lovely. But if you are expecting 5 star luxury then you will be disappointed - whilst being beautifully decorated I would say this hotel was 4 star at the most.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. A flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned suites. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom. Mediterranean, Moroccan and international cuisine are served in the 3 restaurants, 1 of which offers an Arabian-Andalusian orchestra. Enjoy a drink in the Esplanade Jazz Bar or the Piano bar and an American breakfast is prepared every morning. Eden Andalou Aquapark & SPA also has a heated indoor pool and an aqua-park with a supplement. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from the city centre and Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech