“A very enjoyable week” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
LONDON
“A very enjoyable week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here for a week, Just fine.
Very friendly staff, ever willing to help.
Good Moroccan breakfasts. Excellent evening meals on request, with wine which is rare in the Medina.
Very Clean.
Close to the Place, only about 10 mins walk away. On one of the new walking routes / tours.
Can be driven to, so easy access from the airport.
Excellent sleep as it is very quiet, and a good firm bed.

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms, All pleasant. Careful of the touts on the way to the Place. Both routes from the litt...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was our first trip to Marrakech and we struck gold with Riad Massiba, recommended to us by some friends. The Riad is centrally located, about 10 minutes fascinating walk to the Djamaa El Fna square. The rooms are well appointed and spacious with air-conditioners that double as heaters during the winter months (our stay was in December 2012). We asked for dinner in the Riad on the first night and this was delicious and served in an amazing curtained alcove overlooking the central courtyard. Breakfast was served in the beautiful roof-top terrace with omlettes, local delicacies/breads as well as european croissants, pastries and bread, washed down with delicious fresh orange juice and coffee. Vivienne, the owner, and the staff Ahmed and Soumia were just wonderful in looking after us and catering to our every need including arranging pick-ups and drop-offs to the airport. We would have no hesitation in recommending Riad Massiba to other Marrakech visitors.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We loved everything about Riad Massiba. The location is fantastic and the staff, Ahmed and Soumia are phenomenal. They did everything for us from making dinner to doing our laundry.
Our room was great, big and clean. We spent a whole week here and hung out on the upper terrace a lot in addition to having breakfast up there each morning. There is a tv room if you want to watch TV. There are 2 cats, Gizmo and Vanille who are happy to keep you company. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms. We stay in room mauve on the second floor and it was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Julian's, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Riad Massiba is beautiful, clean and comfortable (although the beds are a bit hard). The terrace is such a lovely place to hang out, and Ahmed even served us breakfast up there, which was really nice.
Breakfast is simple, but good, with fresh orange juice every day.
The staff were always very helpful.
When we stayed there we were the only people in the riad, but we still felt very well looked after. The location is great, with just a simple 7 minute walk to Djemma Al fna.
Paying with visa was no problem at all.
I would recommend this Riad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I booked Riad Massiba for two nights (monday and tuesday). Unfortunately my children got sick in Essaouira and we had to stay there until they got better. Saturday and sunday I tried to call the Riad to see if they would accept that I cancelled my booking. NOBODY ANSWERED. In the end I sent an email sunday morning and explained the situation. I didn´t hear back from the Riad before tuesday morning where the owner sent me an email saying that it was to late to cancel and she was therefore withdrawing the money from my account. (I had to send my credit card details with the booking form). When I explained that it had been impossible to get hold of her, she said that she had been ill herself and therefore could n´t answer the phone. Later I realized that she had also withdrawn the money for the dinner that I had booked for our night of arrival even though I had cancelled the hotel (and dinner) two days before pre sceheduled arrival. When I pointed out this to her, she insisted on withdrawing the money. I know the competition between the Riads in Marakesh is fierce but I was still stunned by the lack of fairness and flexibility, which make me NOT recommend the place to anybody.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

We were nine boys staying here for 3 nights. The riad is located at the heart of the marrakech medina, with only a couple of minutes walking distance to djemaa el-fna. The personel are amongst the most welcoming i've met, and they offer meals and help to plan excursions and such. The standard is good with nice rooms and bathrooms and a nice roof terrace with sofa, dining table and sun beds. The breakfast is good and you can choose how early you want it served. We had the whole house to ourselves, with keys to the entrance so that we could come and go as we pleased. And again such nice personel. If you are staying in marrakech this is the place, i know i would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed February 2012
scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Anyone that has been to Marrakech will know that it is a bit like Marmite, you either love the noise and the extreme hustle and bustle or you hate it. I love it! I stayed at Riad Massiba with some friends on a shopping trip to Marrakech ... If you go to Marrakech stay in a Riad and not a hotel. In my opinion a Riad helps you experience the true Marrakech.

Behind little wooden doors off the maze of streets are were many of the Riad's are and provide a quiet, safe haven from the bustling street's. Riad Massiba is authentic, rustic and full of charm. The team and lovely and warm, welcoming people. Ahmed in particular is very helpful and nothing is to much trouble.

Our flight arrived quite late and they had organised a taxi to collect us from the airport which was waiting for us when we arrived. Upon arrival at the Riad we were met with hot snacks and the famous hot sweet mint tea. We were seated in the 'tented area' which is really beautiful. Nothing is too much trouble here, from our bags being whizzed to our room, to showing us maps of where to go and even walking us all to the Haman for a treatment we had before we left.

As with all Riad's be careful when you go through the wooden doors, they are small and my friends and I cracked our heads a few times!!!

The room was basic but full of charm. The most lovely think for me was being woken by the Azzan (Call to Prayer) which fills the Riad. Breakfast was huge and served on the terrace. Fresh pastries, pancakes and coffee which seemed to just keep coming! Well received prior to our shopping trip!

I hope to visit the Riad again later in the year. You can choose more 'flash' Riad's but you will pay more it. This Riad is great, you must go.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Massiba? Share your experiences!