“We loved everything” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Vancouver, Canada
“We loved everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We loved everything about Riad Massiba. The location is fantastic and the staff, Ahmed and Soumia are phenomenal. They did everything for us from making dinner to doing our laundry.
Our room was great, big and clean. We spent a whole week here and hung out on the upper terrace a lot in addition to having breakfast up there each morning. There is a tv room if you want to watch TV. There are 2 cats, Gizmo and Vanille who are happy to keep you company. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms. We stay in room mauve on the second floor and it was great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Julian's, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Riad Massiba is beautiful, clean and comfortable (although the beds are a bit hard). The terrace is such a lovely place to hang out, and Ahmed even served us breakfast up there, which was really nice.
Breakfast is simple, but good, with fresh orange juice every day.
The staff were always very helpful.
When we stayed there we were the only people in the riad, but we still felt very well looked after. The location is great, with just a simple 7 minute walk to Djemma Al fna.
Paying with visa was no problem at all.
I would recommend this Riad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I booked Riad Massiba for two nights (monday and tuesday). Unfortunately my children got sick in Essaouira and we had to stay there until they got better. Saturday and sunday I tried to call the Riad to see if they would accept that I cancelled my booking. NOBODY ANSWERED. In the end I sent an email sunday morning and explained the situation. I didn´t hear back from the Riad before tuesday morning where the owner sent me an email saying that it was to late to cancel and she was therefore withdrawing the money from my account. (I had to send my credit card details with the booking form). When I explained that it had been impossible to get hold of her, she said that she had been ill herself and therefore could n´t answer the phone. Later I realized that she had also withdrawn the money for the dinner that I had booked for our night of arrival even though I had cancelled the hotel (and dinner) two days before pre sceheduled arrival. When I pointed out this to her, she insisted on withdrawing the money. I know the competition between the Riads in Marakesh is fierce but I was still stunned by the lack of fairness and flexibility, which make me NOT recommend the place to anybody.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

We were nine boys staying here for 3 nights. The riad is located at the heart of the marrakech medina, with only a couple of minutes walking distance to djemaa el-fna. The personel are amongst the most welcoming i've met, and they offer meals and help to plan excursions and such. The standard is good with nice rooms and bathrooms and a nice roof terrace with sofa, dining table and sun beds. The breakfast is good and you can choose how early you want it served. We had the whole house to ourselves, with keys to the entrance so that we could come and go as we pleased. And again such nice personel. If you are staying in marrakech this is the place, i know i would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed February 2012
scarborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Anyone that has been to Marrakech will know that it is a bit like Marmite, you either love the noise and the extreme hustle and bustle or you hate it. I love it! I stayed at Riad Massiba with some friends on a shopping trip to Marrakech ... If you go to Marrakech stay in a Riad and not a hotel. In my opinion a Riad helps you experience the true Marrakech.

Behind little wooden doors off the maze of streets are were many of the Riad's are and provide a quiet, safe haven from the bustling street's. Riad Massiba is authentic, rustic and full of charm. The team and lovely and warm, welcoming people. Ahmed in particular is very helpful and nothing is to much trouble.

Our flight arrived quite late and they had organised a taxi to collect us from the airport which was waiting for us when we arrived. Upon arrival at the Riad we were met with hot snacks and the famous hot sweet mint tea. We were seated in the 'tented area' which is really beautiful. Nothing is too much trouble here, from our bags being whizzed to our room, to showing us maps of where to go and even walking us all to the Haman for a treatment we had before we left.

As with all Riad's be careful when you go through the wooden doors, they are small and my friends and I cracked our heads a few times!!!

The room was basic but full of charm. The most lovely think for me was being woken by the Azzan (Call to Prayer) which fills the Riad. Breakfast was huge and served on the terrace. Fresh pastries, pancakes and coffee which seemed to just keep coming! Well received prior to our shopping trip!

I hope to visit the Riad again later in the year. You can choose more 'flash' Riad's but you will pay more it. This Riad is great, you must go.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Zug, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

This New Years we stayed with our 2 kids (8 and 10) at the Riad Massiba. The owner, Vivienne and her "team", Ahmed and Meena, made us feel very welcome and well looked after. Ahmed in particular was wonderfully courteous and attentive. Nothing was a problem - whether it was very early/late breakfasts, late check-out, packaging up our delicate souvenirs for the journey home. We had 2 superb dinners there - we highly recommend eating dinner there at least one evening. The location was excellent - in the heart of the Medina, just 5 mins walk from the Jamal El Fna square. The riad itself is cosy and beautifully furnished and decorated. It was a little sanctuary of calm and tranquility. One thing to bear in mind though is that there was no locks on the guestroom doors. That is the only reason we didn't give it an "excellent" rating. However it is only a small riad with 3 guestrooms and Vivienne let us use the safe in her office.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I along with our 18-year old daughter and friend spent five fabulous days at the Riad Massiba. The Riad is located in the heart of the Medina, a short walk from the famous Jamal El Fna square. Riad Massiba is small and charmingly cosy with beautiful furnishings. It is like an oasis of calm and quiet admist the hustle and bustle of the Medina. Vivienne, the owner, is most welcoming and very informative about what to do and see in Marrakech. The homemade breakfasts and dinners (when we chose to "eat in") were delicious. By the end of our stay, we felt a little like locals and were sad to leave. We highly recommend the Riad MASSIBA.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Riad Massiba? Share your experiences!