My fiancee and I stayed for two nights at this riad and had a really great experience. It's been recently renovated and has a very modern, chic, boutique hotel feel. We had a really great experience from the very helpful staff and super-friendly owners - John showed a real interest in us without being too imposing. I particularly like that they went out of their way to provide really clear directions to get there down what can be very confusing Marrakech streets.
We stayed at another riad earlier in the trip (riad layla rouge) which means we can make some helpful comparisons and describe what this place is and is not:
What it is:
- well-priced but certainly feels high end
- VERY comfortable stylish design
- Awesome Air con
- Good roof terrace
- Feels like you're being looked after by a family
What it is not:
- Traditional. Although this is a riad and there are friendly moroccan staff it feels like a European hotel (albeit a classy boutique style). We didn't have tea offered to us immediately upon arrival for example.
- Cheap. You definitely can find cheaper options in Marrakech if you're on a budget. I thought the meal was very overpriced (especially since there was too much food to eat - there are cheaper places to eat out) and the taxi to the airport they booked for us was at least 3 times more than we could have got on the street.
So bearing in mind these points and the target market for this riad and I think it's a wonderful option. For us, it was a great treat at the end of our holiday and a nice trade up from the cheaper option we started the trip with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Elizabeth is an elegant and chic riad located in the heart of the ancient medina of Marrakech. An oasis of style and a calm refuge from the feverish pace and excitement of the souk.British-owned Riad Elizabeth offers modern comfort and facilities whilst maintaining an air of exotic Moroccan charm and romance.The riad offers six en-suite bedrooms, each tastefully and individually furnished to a high standard. For your comfort, all rooms are equipped with controllable air conditioning/heating as well as crisp Egyptian cotton sheets, complimentary toiletries and an iPod dock. Just a short walk from the Medersa Ben Youssef and Musée de Marrakech, Riad Elizabeth provides everything needed to make your stay in Marrakech enjoyable and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Riad Elizabeth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Elizabeth Marrakech
- Riad Elizabeth Hotel Marrakech