“Real Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad SACR

You added Riad SACR to your Saves list
Riad SACR
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   120 Derb Essnane Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #382 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“Real Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A really homely, calm spot right by the buzz of the markets. Staff were more than obliging and made us a beautiful dinner each evening. Overall felt like we got a real taste of Marrakech here.

A taxi will not take you to the door -it's in a pedestrian area. We arrived late at the square and had to get the help of a local. It took less than 10minutes. Direstions- straight across the square and out at the left hand corner, this brings you into another small 'square' . Take the archway going straight up in front of you in the left corner. Come to a T junction, go left. Look for the archway photographed below on your right hand side. Follow this as it winds round to the left, right, left, right and left again - Riad Sacr is in front of you.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Riad Sacr was our first stop on our honeymoon and we couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. Saida and Abdul took such great care of us, going over and above to make sure we were happy. After several meals eaten together and some informal Moroccan cooking lessons they are now firm friends whom we will keep in touch with!
The Riad itself is beautiful and decorated in traditional Moroccan style. Our bedroom was very pretty, Saida even put some roses, fruit and sweets in there as she knew it was our honeymoon!
The situation is great, Riad Sacr is a little oasis of calm right in the centre of all the bussle.
The food was home made and delicious. I miss the breakfast already- home made hot flat bread with jam, honey and butter..... And of course Moroccan mint tea!
It is the wonderful staff who make Riad Sacr such a special place, I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week and it was really lovely! It was a little hard to find (had to go down a few small alleyways), but that seems to be like most places in the centre of the medina. The staff were really helpful (we mostly spoke with Saida and Abdul) and friendly and even gave us a little arabic lesson. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed June 2015
Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015

My partner, parents and I had a great stay at Riad Sacr. It is a traditional Moroccan family home, so don't expect 5* luxury, but it is perfectly located for the souks and the hostess Kenza and her staff are wonderfully friendly.

Our rooms were comfortable, and cleaned every day. Kenza went beyond the call of duty in helping me retrieve my bank card which was eaten by an ATM, and in organising a lovely cake for my birthday.

Would definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2015
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Like many I check out the reviews on trip advisor before I book these days and despite the many positive reviews of this Riad our experience was very disappointing.
I sent several emails requesting transport from the airport with the agreed fee of €18 I was still left for over an hour and a half at the airport two expensive phone calls later we were eventually collected, I think Kenza just forgot to book it but I was told a German family was picked up by mistake.
Breakfast is not great half a roll and four square pancakes. And if you are not there promptly at 9 am no breakfast ! I think we only had it twice.
The room was ok, it's a cheap Riad so to some extent you get what you pay for, the decoration is a bit tacky ( we had the purple room) the bed uncomfortable and the shower was actually broken but hey it was cheap enough.
The upstairs terrace again very scruffy, it was actually cleaned up a bit while we were there so I took photos on the best day I could.
Apart from a juice the day we arrived we were never offered anything else, not the mint tea offer for us!
So the good points, we did have x 2 bottles of nice wine purchased for us, the information about getting the bus to Essaouira was helpful, the location is fine.
This was my second visit to Marrakech and this was not my experience during my first stay so I am able to compare. Also check with your tour company you have to pay tourist tax at the end of your stay ! We were taken by surprise by the bill, made it all a bit awkward. Also if you don't have lots to carry it's easy enough to organise your own taxi from the end of the road and save a bit of money.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Myself and husband went first time for 4 nights.

Our experience at the Raid was nice, the room down stairs by the big mirror, was a cool room, such beautiful tiles, bathroom was clean and spacious, bedroom and bathroom was cleaned everyday, new towels provided.

Was made welcome by Kenza, lovely helpful lady and her staff were soo kind, attentive and accommodating.

We were made to feel comfortable by Syeda a very humble helpful, and hard working young lady, taught me a lot I will miss her and her fluffly yummy bread.

Abdu is a gem, reminded me of my son, he is a star, such a gentleman, polite and hospitable. All the best in his football.

We were close to the Jamia al Fena, did not like the shopping experience, the haggling gave us headaches and we dreaded our every purchase.

Excursions, try and book through excursion agents, cheaper, than through Riad. Loved Essouria

Make sure you know how much room tax you have to pay, other wise you can have a shock when on the last day you are asked to pay for per person, per room 4 nights we paid 240 dinnar!

Room Tip: By the big mirror downstairs
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Rosario, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

We had a lovely 5 night stay at Riad Sacr in February 2015.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful from beginning to end. Kenza and Abdou were particularly helpful, they were happy to go out of their way to help us with anything we needed and they really made us feel at home. They helped us with where to go, where to eat, what to do, etc. They prepared us tea to drink on the terrace whenever we wanted and took us to a traditional Hammm (highly recommended!)
The riad is beautifully decorated in traditional style, free wifi, spotlessly clean, provides a simple but delicious breakfast of bread and pancakes with jam, honey, butter, coffee and orange juice.
It is very well located, just a few minutes' walk from the main square. It can be a bit daunting at first because there are a lot of winding narrow streets that all look the same, but after the first day we had no problems finding our way back!
As some other reviewers have said, the rooms do not have locks, this might seem a bit strange at first but we never had any problems and never felt concerned about leaving our room open.
I would definitely recommend this riad and would definitely return.
Thank you Kenza and Abdou and co. for your hospitality and for such a nice stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends