“Fantastic location and wonderful hostess” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad SACR

You added Riad SACR to your Saves list
Riad SACR
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   120 Derb Essnane Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #375 of 1,115 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Poole, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location and wonderful hostess”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner, parents and I had a great stay at Riad Sacr. It is a traditional Moroccan family home, so don't expect 5* luxury, but it is perfectly located for the souks and the hostess Kenza and her staff are wonderfully friendly.

Our rooms were comfortable, and cleaned every day. Kenza went beyond the call of duty in helping me retrieve my bank card which was eaten by an ATM, and in organising a lovely cake for my birthday.

Would definitely recommend.

Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Like many I check out the reviews on trip advisor before I book these days and despite the many positive reviews of this Riad our experience was very disappointing.
I sent several emails requesting transport from the airport with the agreed fee of €18 I was still left for over an hour and a half at the airport two expensive phone calls later we were eventually collected, I think Kenza just forgot to book it but I was told a German family was picked up by mistake.
Breakfast is not great half a roll and four square pancakes. And if you are not there promptly at 9 am no breakfast ! I think we only had it twice.
The room was ok, it's a cheap Riad so to some extent you get what you pay for, the decoration is a bit tacky ( we had the purple room) the bed uncomfortable and the shower was actually broken but hey it was cheap enough.
The upstairs terrace again very scruffy, it was actually cleaned up a bit while we were there so I took photos on the best day I could.
Apart from a juice the day we arrived we were never offered anything else, not the mint tea offer for us!
So the good points, we did have x 2 bottles of nice wine purchased for us, the information about getting the bus to Essaouira was helpful, the location is fine.
This was my second visit to Marrakech and this was not my experience during my first stay so I am able to compare. Also check with your tour company you have to pay tourist tax at the end of your stay ! We were taken by surprise by the bill, made it all a bit awkward. Also if you don't have lots to carry it's easy enough to organise your own taxi from the end of the road and save a bit of money.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Myself and husband went first time for 4 nights.

Our experience at the Raid was nice, the room down stairs by the big mirror, was a cool room, such beautiful tiles, bathroom was clean and spacious, bedroom and bathroom was cleaned everyday, new towels provided.

Was made welcome by Kenza, lovely helpful lady and her staff were soo kind, attentive and accommodating.

We were made to feel comfortable by Syeda a very humble helpful, and hard working young lady, taught me a lot I will miss her and her fluffly yummy bread.

Abdu is a gem, reminded me of my son, he is a star, such a gentleman, polite and hospitable. All the best in his football.

We were close to the Jamia al Fena, did not like the shopping experience, the haggling gave us headaches and we dreaded our every purchase.

Excursions, try and book through excursion agents, cheaper, than through Riad. Loved Essouria

Make sure you know how much room tax you have to pay, other wise you can have a shock when on the last day you are asked to pay for per person, per room 4 nights we paid 240 dinnar!

Room Tip: By the big mirror downstairs
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Rosario, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

We had a lovely 5 night stay at Riad Sacr in February 2015.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful from beginning to end. Kenza and Abdou were particularly helpful, they were happy to go out of their way to help us with anything we needed and they really made us feel at home. They helped us with where to go, where to eat, what to do, etc. They prepared us tea to drink on the terrace whenever we wanted and took us to a traditional Hammm (highly recommended!)
The riad is beautifully decorated in traditional style, free wifi, spotlessly clean, provides a simple but delicious breakfast of bread and pancakes with jam, honey, butter, coffee and orange juice.
It is very well located, just a few minutes' walk from the main square. It can be a bit daunting at first because there are a lot of winding narrow streets that all look the same, but after the first day we had no problems finding our way back!
As some other reviewers have said, the rooms do not have locks, this might seem a bit strange at first but we never had any problems and never felt concerned about leaving our room open.
I would definitely recommend this riad and would definitely return.
Thank you Kenza and Abdou and co. for your hospitality and for such a nice stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Barwell, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

Firstly Riad Sacr claims to have complimentary to and from airport....this is not true, Kenza will email you asking you to agree to the 18 Euros for collection...also there is no Bar ....there is also no television! We found the Riad quite claustrophobic as there was no windows looking out from our room. Quite difficult to find and quite scary down all the windy alleys which do appear to be quite safe. Breakfast was on the roof terrace in a plastic conservatory/lean to - bearing in mind it was very cold...on the roof was freezing and very draughty, and for three days we ate breakfast with our coats and scarves on.If you have difficulty in walking or joint problems the stairs were very steep.....We didn't enjoy our stay here..

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor which had no windows and was quite noisy when guests returned at n...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Porthleven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015

My husband and I have very recently returned from a 6 nights stay in the Riad Sacr.
It's location was superb right in the heart of the Medina.
Kensa, the manager could not have been more helpful right from the moment of booking on line.
She took us under her wings from day one which able us to have a taste of the real Marrakesh.
She knew everyone and made all the arrangements for trip, taxis and more.
The riad was a real home, her grandfather had built it and one could imagine what life would have been then.
If there is to be a constructive criticism is that it is not really suitable for guests who maybe disabled as the stairs are quite tricky.
Abdhu and Saida, the 2 staff running the Riad were great, always happy and ready to help.
In all a great experience.
Alan and Françoise

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Stroud, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2014

This is a great little Riad in the very centre of marrakech, one minute from the souks.
Kensa the owner, was extremely friendly and helpful, taking us out into the hubbub when we arrived so we could find our way back easily,which was very useful.
The staff that work there were also friendly and helpful, serving delicious breakfasts and mint tea virtually on demand. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I would definitely stay there again, it was also very cheap, but we did stay out of season.
Best advice i could give.
1. Offer 1/4 of asking price in souks, and be prepared to go up in small increments, up to price you are prepared to spend, then walk away, they will probably run after you to make the deal at your offer.
2. Take comfortable waterproof footwear, a must if planning any excursions, which are a great contrast from jostle.
3. don't let all the hassle stop you doing anything, all you have to say is no and be firm if needed.
4. Five days is enough to do most hot spot things, unless the weather is clement enough to go to desert and spend the night.
5. Go to the margorelle gardens,its beautiful, the most incredible collection of enormous cacti and succulents.
Happy hols. Moira

Room Tip: All 5 rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Riad SACR? Share your experiences!