“Great stay - greets from the german couple Jessi & Daniel :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad SACR

Save Saved
You added Riad SACR to your Saves list
Riad SACR
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   120 Derb Essnane Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #295 of 1,066 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Darmstadt, Germany
“Great stay - greets from the german couple Jessi & Daniel :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Hello everyone,

we can really advice this Riad to stay there! Such a friendly accommodation ist rare and it was the best stay in our 2-Weeks-Journey in Marrokko. The owner are some of the "good one´s", who help you whereever they can. Thank you very much for everything, our sister :-)

Greets from Germany!
Jessi & Daniel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I would highly recommend this Riad to anyone visiting Marrakech or planning to go to Morocco generally. One of the greatest reasons we enjoyed our trip as much as we did was due to the trustworthy advice we received from the Riad owner and the simply lovely experience of getting to know her and the staff at the Riad. Originally we intended to stay for three nights and then move to another town - after our first two days we decided to extend our stay for the rest of the week. It was so great to have this Riad as our home base - it's convenient to all of the sites in Marrakech as well as convenient for day trip tour providers.I could write pages about all of the small things that added up to a wonderful experience for us. A few highlights:

-the rooms are beautifully decorated, comfortable, and clean;

-take advantage of the offer to have dinner cooked for you by Kinza's mom one night. It was definitely one of our best meals in Morocco and worth every penny.

-the tours that Kinza can book on your behalf are wonderful and her prices that she's negotiated in partnership with the operators can't be beat. We researched other options and understood what a great price we were getting by working with her directly!

-from a personal perspective, Kinza is simply a wonderful person. Beyond logistics, we simply enjoyed getting to know her better. She is a very warm, candid, and energetic person who genuinely loves her country and wants to share what's best about it with others.

Room Tip: We stayed in the yellow room and loved it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Riad Sacr during the early summer (May). We picked this particular Riad after reading literally about 30 or more reviews of other Riads. I have to say that we struck gold with this one. We arrived in Marrakesh after a long journey which consisted of a flight from New York and then a long train ride from Casablanca. Upon our arrival the hostess "Kenza" sent a driver to pick us up and bring us to the location. I can honestly say that all I wanted to do was check in, take a hot shower and hit the sheets. Fate had it that we would first chat with Ms Kenza...and boy am I glad we did...she is phenominal and a pleasure to talk to. She is like historian, tour guide and big sister all wrapped up in one big glorious package. We enjoyed her and Marrakesh emincely and we will definitely be back again. Thank you Kenza for making our trip wonderful

Room Tip: first floor can be a bit noisy as people coming in can be heard but it is still ok for sleeping and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Having stayed at Riad Sacr in August for two nights, I can say that I would highly recommend this Riad for a stay in Marrakech. We chose this Riad based on the reviews here, and it was a great decision! As three friends (female) who were visiting Marrakech for the first time, we were hugely grateful for the warm welcome and friendly advice from Kenza. She, and her husband, went out of their way to make us feel at home in both the Riad, and in the city, and it definitely helped us to make the most of our short stay, before moving onto other parts of Morocco.

The Riad itself is well located, and we were very appreciative of the air-con during the August heat! We had three of us in one room, and this was enough space for a short stay. The roof terrace provided a welcomed break from the hustle of the Medina, and it was a great spot to enjoy the lovely breakfast provided. The Riad is very beautiful inside, and had a traditional Moroccan feel. Our room was cleaned daily.

Thanks for such a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed five nights at Riad Sacr and spent a wonderful time in Marrakesch. The Riad is very centrally located in the Medina. From there its just five minutes to the Souq and the big square. Contrary to other Riads this one is still in moroccan hands. Khannsa, who is running the Riad with her family is very helpful and open-minded. She can give you any advice and knows almost every shop owner in the Souq... The breakfast on the roof terrasse is delicious and the rooms are warmly decorated and very clean. The riad is air conditioned and very quiet. We can recommend everyone to stay at Riad Sacr.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice; every room has a different colour.We stayed in the blue room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

We had a very nice time in Marrakech. The riad was just five minutes away from the jamaa el fna and the souks. Kenza, the owner was very nice to us and gave us a lot of informations.

Our room was big (the blue one) and the bed was very comfortable. The only "bad" thing was, that we sometimes had only cold water for showering, but we didn't care much about this.

You can get your breakfast whenever you want, it was very good. By the way, a second jam would be good.

• Stayed April 2012
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Travelling to Marrocco alone the biggest decision in advance was where to stay. Here on trip advisor I got a really good feeling about this little riad, where all the rooms have their color. One hour after ordering I got an email welcoming me, informing med that I would be picked up at the airport. That service was just an indication to the helpfulness and warmth that awaited me in Raid Sacr. The wonderful hostess, Kenza, made me feel welcome and at home the time I spent in Marrakesh. As a really good friend she guided me around Marrakesh, showed me the important sights, helped me with the shopping and gave me the keys to understand the colorful chaos of the souks. She also organized everything connected to my travel plans to Zagora and Essaoeira, which saved me a lot of hussle. The riad is beautifully decorated, to the tiniest corner. The rooftop is a lovely place to have breakfast, to read a book and just chill. My room was upgraded without any extra cost, and both Kenza and Hassna did everything possible to make my stay as good as possible. On my last day I had massage in the sparoom, and I left Riad Sacr relaxed and happy, eager to come back.

All in all I found it easy to travel a as a single woman in Marrocco. People are generous, hospitable and helpful. Even so, my experience in Marrocoo would have been less had I not stayed in Riad Sacr. Thank you Kenza! Merci beaucoup, Hassna! I’ll be back -Stine

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Riad SACR? Share your experiences!