“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad SACR

Save Saved
You added Riad SACR to your Saves list
Riad SACR
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   120 Derb Essnane Mouassine, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #295 of 1,066 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Riad Sacr during the early summer (May). We picked this particular Riad after reading literally about 30 or more reviews of other Riads. I have to say that we struck gold with this one. We arrived in Marrakesh after a long journey which consisted of a flight from New York and then a long train ride from Casablanca. Upon our arrival the hostess "Kenza" sent a driver to pick us up and bring us to the location. I can honestly say that all I wanted to do was check in, take a hot shower and hit the sheets. Fate had it that we would first chat with Ms Kenza...and boy am I glad we did...she is phenominal and a pleasure to talk to. She is like historian, tour guide and big sister all wrapped up in one big glorious package. We enjoyed her and Marrakesh emincely and we will definitely be back again. Thank you Kenza for making our trip wonderful

Room Tip: first floor can be a bit noisy as people coming in can be heard but it is still ok for sleeping and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Having stayed at Riad Sacr in August for two nights, I can say that I would highly recommend this Riad for a stay in Marrakech. We chose this Riad based on the reviews here, and it was a great decision! As three friends (female) who were visiting Marrakech for the first time, we were hugely grateful for the warm welcome and friendly advice from Kenza. She, and her husband, went out of their way to make us feel at home in both the Riad, and in the city, and it definitely helped us to make the most of our short stay, before moving onto other parts of Morocco.

The Riad itself is well located, and we were very appreciative of the air-con during the August heat! We had three of us in one room, and this was enough space for a short stay. The roof terrace provided a welcomed break from the hustle of the Medina, and it was a great spot to enjoy the lovely breakfast provided. The Riad is very beautiful inside, and had a traditional Moroccan feel. Our room was cleaned daily.

Thanks for such a great stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed five nights at Riad Sacr and spent a wonderful time in Marrakesch. The Riad is very centrally located in the Medina. From there its just five minutes to the Souq and the big square. Contrary to other Riads this one is still in moroccan hands. Khannsa, who is running the Riad with her family is very helpful and open-minded. She can give you any advice and knows almost every shop owner in the Souq... The breakfast on the roof terrasse is delicious and the rooms are warmly decorated and very clean. The riad is air conditioned and very quiet. We can recommend everyone to stay at Riad Sacr.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice; every room has a different colour.We stayed in the blue room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

We had a very nice time in Marrakech. The riad was just five minutes away from the jamaa el fna and the souks. Kenza, the owner was very nice to us and gave us a lot of informations.

Our room was big (the blue one) and the bed was very comfortable. The only "bad" thing was, that we sometimes had only cold water for showering, but we didn't care much about this.

You can get your breakfast whenever you want, it was very good. By the way, a second jam would be good.

• Stayed April 2012
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Travelling to Marrocco alone the biggest decision in advance was where to stay. Here on trip advisor I got a really good feeling about this little riad, where all the rooms have their color. One hour after ordering I got an email welcoming me, informing med that I would be picked up at the airport. That service was just an indication to the helpfulness and warmth that awaited me in Raid Sacr. The wonderful hostess, Kenza, made me feel welcome and at home the time I spent in Marrakesh. As a really good friend she guided me around Marrakesh, showed me the important sights, helped me with the shopping and gave me the keys to understand the colorful chaos of the souks. She also organized everything connected to my travel plans to Zagora and Essaoeira, which saved me a lot of hussle. The riad is beautifully decorated, to the tiniest corner. The rooftop is a lovely place to have breakfast, to read a book and just chill. My room was upgraded without any extra cost, and both Kenza and Hassna did everything possible to make my stay as good as possible. On my last day I had massage in the sparoom, and I left Riad Sacr relaxed and happy, eager to come back.

All in all I found it easy to travel a as a single woman in Marrocco. People are generous, hospitable and helpful. Even so, my experience in Marrocoo would have been less had I not stayed in Riad Sacr. Thank you Kenza! Merci beaucoup, Hassna! I’ll be back -Stine

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Rawdon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This was my first visit in Morocco and I couldn't have found a better place to stay than the Riad Sacr. Everything was perfect and above all my expectations. I stayed there 8 days and was very pleased with my room and the location of the riad, which is close to the medina.

Kenza, the owner is absolutely wonderful!! I appreciated her helpful advices and her attentions. But more than that, her kindness and generosity made my stay an unforgettable one! It was like staying at a dear friend. Also, thanks to Didier and Ahmed for great conversations, and to Assna for being so dedicated and her great breakfasts! I miss you all and look forward my next visit!! Carole

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Bayern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Dear Kensa,
we were very pleased to stay in your riad! Thank you very much for your hospitality and giving us such a familial feeling. It was really amazing to be on another continent and feel so comfortable.
We had great breakfast and mint-tea all the time we wanted. Our room was very beautiful and authentic with many gimmicks and small details. The riad itself is like out of a dream of "1001 night" with an amazing terrace on the rooftop.
We hope to see you again, and also greetings to your husband Didier!
Thank you for everthying!

Lena & Manuel from Germany

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad SACR? Share your experiences!