“J'adore” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 527 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Moroccan, Brasserie
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“J'adore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant by a friend of mine who was a single diner. I chose to go alone and was instantly struck by the beautiful decor and pleasant natures of the staff. I chose the Spanish mussels to start; they were cooked beautifully and were absolutely divine. I was also recommended a wine to complement the dish but chose to go with the hard liquor instead. For the main I again opted for Spanish mussels, I was disappointed with the flavour but on the whole I would recommend this restaurant to anyone/everyone. Five stars!!

• Visited May 2013

86% Recommend
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I ate here last night and turned up as a single diner, with no reservation. I received a very warm welcome and was shown to a good table. I ordered oysters and asked for their recommendation for a glass of wine to accompany this - their choice was excellent. This was followed by a very, very good rib eye steak and frites. Extraordinarily good and again accompanied by a recommended wine. I can't recommend this place highly enough, absolutely outstanding in every way.

• Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“As bistro as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Who'd of thought you had to go to Morocco to have the best French restaurant experience. Everything about Bagatelle is as authentic as it gets, from the atmosphere and decor to the cuisine and service. For starters we went for a dozen of escargot. The freshness of the snails combined with the garlic and parley butter glaze was as heart warming as it gets. I then had the escalope cordon bleu, which consist of cheese and ham sandwiched between cuts of veal and the whole thing enveloped in a crispy breading... Luckily Lent had just ended, because all that goodness left me feeling like I had sinned for the year. My companion went for the magret de canard, served with a side of caramelized apples. The duck was so tender and the caramelized apples, although a classic combination with duck, lifted up the dish to another level. It's classic french bistro food at its best. As for dessert, couldn't go wrong with the french classic Profterol, a combination of vanilla ice cream and choux pastry topped with warm flowing chocolate. And if this doesn't convince you...
Overall, it's been a real surprise to have found such a bistro amongst all the new wave inspired restaurant which look so alike. This one stands out to bring the finest of french bistro cuisine to your table.

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent "Parisian" Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

You could be forgiven for thinking you were in Paris when you step through the thick red entrance curtain.
We turned up on a busy Friday evening with no reservation and they found us a small table at once. The rest of the tables were quickly filled with expat french. The service is friendly and efficient. Typical French menu. The dishes and portions are generous and well presented. We had excellent French onion soup & goats cheese as starters follows by breaded pork chop & calves liver. Just room to sample the wonderful lemon tart.
So good we returned for Lunch a couple of days later for our final meal in Marrakech.
Well worth a visit for an leisurely weekend lunch sitting outside in the shade.

London, United Kingdom
“Would recommend you go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Fantastic evening at Bagatelle, the food was top class as was the warm welcome and a very good list of local and international wines. We went to the restaurant based on TripAdvisor recommendations and weren't disappointed. My daughter is a vegetarian and was catered for well from a good sized menu. The snails were a popular choice with us as were the well cooked steaks. In fact we went back the following night as the place we were planning to go to was closed - why not we enjoyed ourselves so much the previous evening. Expect on a warm evening the al fresco dining would be an enjoyable experience as well. One not to miss

• Visited April 2013