“All show and no substance” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pacha Marrakech

Pacha Marrakech
Zone hoteliere de l aguedal | Boulevard Mohamed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco (Formerly Le Pacha)
+212 661-102889
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #423 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“All show and no substance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stress this review is just about the restaurant -we didn't go into the club. We went to this restaurant based on our experiences in Ibiza where the restaurant is fabulous, sadly whilst this restaurant may well have been good in the past (based on what other people have told us) it no longer is now. First our table was wonky and this problem was solved by the staff putting stones under various legs - hardly a long term solution. The service was rushed and the waiters ran around like headless chickens. I ordered the rabbit for mains and it was so overcooked I sent it back. Furthermore I think it contained equal part bone to actual rabbit. It was also served on deep fried ravioli, which might work if you could cook it well but what we got was something more akin to eating cardboard - it was neither crisp nor soft like pasta and frankly was pretty horrible. My wife ordered the prawn tails, which were actually just prawns and again served with the bizarre ravioli - she liked the prawns but again, not the ravioli and didn't receive a bowl of water to clean her hands. In fairness, the restaurant didn't charge us for the rabbit but then again, they shouldn't have served it in the first place. The foie gras starters we had were nice and substantial in size but the foie gras veloute, served as an entrée, was pretty weird and I'm still undecided if I liked it or not! And then there was the music that was all over the place but mostly cheesy and very loud 80's - which did nothing to aid the atmosphere. Although perhaps it was played so loud in an attempt to drown out the the 'thump thump' of the music coming from the club. Either way the music, like the food was a disaster. All in all, all show and no substance

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

44% Recommend
London
“Seriously disappointing! It was empty all night!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay at the hotel and visit the club to make a night of it. We arrived into the club at 1pm, it was quiet, but we were told it got busy after 2, the music was old style hip hop & cheesy euro tunes. We stayed until 3:30 but left when the "underground" tunes came on, which instigated a mass exodus from the club. We found the bar staff good, but the front desk people were rude & couldn't really explain their reasons for their behaviour. We can only assume racism or ignorance of some sort, it dampened our experience, I wouldn't recommend going, I'm sure there are better clubs in Marrakech.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

There is a very stylish bar, 2 gastronomic restaurants and a huge nightclub. It was fun to experience different places in this complex. Friendly staff, reasonably priced and very good food and music. Atmosphere was relaxed and glam. for anyone who wants to have an all round fun night in Marrakech amongs an international crowd without the hastle of transport between places.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“not so friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

i think it starts very late and you should be a night life lover to be able to wait till midnight to start the fun, they have a lounge and not much people are there at a time, it very cold ambiance, needs to workout their way of attracting all kinds of guests and ages.

• Visited July 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trondheim, Norway
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

Pacha in Marrakech is the absolute best place I have ever been partying in all of my life, I have been to large discoteks all over the world but I have to say I have never experienced nothing like this. The arcitecture is great, the dining area sereves absolutely great food, the price is a bit stif but it is worth it and by this i mean the alcohol prices, though the prices for alcohol in Marrakech is expensive everywhere. The prices for food i do not know, since we did not pay.
I went there with five girlfriends and we experienced nothing like I saw in the comment above. Normally when we go out people touch and stare and makes us feel unsafe, but in pacha it was awsome. You could dance all night without getting as much as one hand laid on you. We did not stay that much on the dance floor, since the awsome president saad kabbaj and pr. manager made this stay unforgettable for us and let us stay in the v.i.p zone free of charge, and this without epectiong anything in return.Casino de Marrakech's discotek on the other hand i do not reccomend for any girls travelling alone, cus this experience turned out to be the worst in our lifes. I reccomend to everyone who goes to marrakech partying ir if not visit pacha, only for a hotel stay, for dinner or just chilling in the lounge. The entrance is 150 dirham witch is 19 dollars and this includes a drink. We are from norway so in reality the prices was very normal, but after living a year in spain, you can see the differense, though all in all, its worth it! :)))

• Visited April 2011