“This place is fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dixneuf La Ksour

Save Saved
You added Riad Dixneuf La Ksour to your Saves list
Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Derb Sania No. 16 | Bab Ksour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #28 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“This place is fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I have been back in NYC for several days, and pondering how best to write a review that will sum up my experience staying at this Riad. Words just are not enough, as much of what I experienced has to do with feelings and sense.

There are so many small things that truly made my stay one that I will never forget. As you can see from the website the rooms are very nice. They are also much more spacious than they actually appear. I stayed in the Leon Suite.

Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh mint tea, house made pastries and a quick conversation with our host letting us know a bit about where we were staying and were given a map.

Every day that followed was perfect. Each morning we ate our breakfast on the roof terrace (included in the fee) which was comprised of more delicious mint tea, tasty pastries, delicious yogurt, and fresh fruit all made at the Riad by the very talented chef. It was served by the very kind and charming Hassan each morning.

Hassan was also kind enough to show me around the souks, and teach me a few things about Morocco (including tips on how to use my new tagine that he helped me purchase).
Please note that each staff person was terrific, not just Hassan.

Our room was kept spotless. The robes in our room were very comfortable (I actually purchased one because I just couldn't part with it after wearing one during my stay). There was a rose bush outside our door which I stopped and smelled every time before entering our room. As someone that lives in the chaos of NYC, taking the time to smell a rose is not something I get to do every day. There are lovely flowers throughout the Riad.

The food they served at the Riad was some of the best that I had during my stay in Morocco. And, if you have time I highly suggest that you take one of the lessons offered by the chef-you will not regret it.

When we would return to the Riad after a long day of walking around we were greeted upon request with either wine or beer, and nuts that we would enjoy on the roof terrace while watching the sun go down.

Every single staff person at this wonderful place, is very kind, efficient, and truly make a person feel welcome.

I was somewhat nervous about traveling to Morocco as a woman but after only being in the city for a few hours I found that my concern was unnecessary.
Especially, due to the fact that I would return every day to such a wonderful and safe place.

I was truly sad when I had to leave this Riad that I called home for awhile and hope to return someday. -Saije

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

283 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Burton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for four nights at the beginning of March. From the moment we booked, Michele, the manager kept in touch via email answering any questions we had and organising our airport transfer and a meal for the evening of our arrival. On arrival we were met at the airport and transfered to the Medina. From the city gate we were taken to the Riad on foot as cars can't get down the narrow streets of the Medina. We were escorted by Hassan, a member of the Riad team who was so helpful and friendly. On arriving at the Riad we were delighted with it. It is beautiful. Hassan gave us mint tea and some Morrocan pastries and pointed out all the sight seeing things to do on a map. After settling in to our room (which was lovely) we had a delicious meal cooked by Attica, the Riads cook.
Everywhere in the Riad was spotless (they seemed to be having a spring clean whilst we were there). The cleaners were also friendly and helpful.
Michele, the manager was always at hand if needed, and recommended us a lovely restaurant at Maison Arabe, where we had an amazing Morrocan feast.
Hassan was so helpful and friendly, he really couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was comfortable.
The breakfasts were delicious and filling, the highlight of every morning....strolling up to the roof terrace to enjoy breakfast in the sun!
I would definitely recommend this Riad to a friend and will be staying here again if I return to Marrakech (which hopefully I will!).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Luynes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We just returned from our first trip to Marrakesh and had a wonderful experience, especially our stay at Riad Dix Neuf. We spent a ton of time researching the many Riads available and we were thrilled with our choice to stay at this one. The location was excellent, the service was top-notch and the room was extremely comfortable, meticulously clean and well-equipped. The overall look/feel of the Riad was one of the things that initially attracted us to the place. Our interaction with the manager (Michele) before and during our trip cemented the choice and once we arrived on site we were treated fantastically by the entire staff.

We had to make some last-minute changes to our reservation and Michele was extremely understanding and accommodating. We opted (as suggested by many on Trip Advisor and by the Riad) to have dinner at the Riad upon our arrival. This was a perfect idea as we arrived around 7 in the evening. The meal at the Riad turned out to be one of our best (among many good ones). One of the reviews of the Riad said that the design of the rooms had a calming effect and it was true. The rooms were a designer's dream - the plush white towels, the high-pressured, expansive shower and luxurious sheets made us feel like we were in heaven. Prior to coming, I read a review on Trip Advisor that said the guest cried when she had to leave. I can say I understand why.

All the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and happy. I just can't say enough good things about this place - I definitely want to go back and so does the rest of our family *(including my 7and 11 year olds!) This is a huge complement - given there are no TVs in the room. All parts of the Riad are comfortable, well designed and well-equipped.

One thing we did while in Marrakesh was a hot air balloon ride with Marrakesh by Air -this was also a highlight of the trip and well worth doing - i'd say a must do!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Perfect location, impeccable service, spacious and very comfortable rooms (and only 6 of them!), great food. We stayed for 5 nights with two young children (7 and 11) and it was ideal. The staff was super helpful and friendly, even setting up extra beds for the kids. A nice welcome dinner ready when we arrived. Excellent advice on navigating the souks and medina, restaurant recommendations, and generally getting around. The old city is just outside the door and within easy walking distance, but once inside the tranquility of the riad, it's like a whole different world. We loved the room - clean, roomy, great linens and towels - awesome shower! Very fast wireless Internet an added surprise bonus! Roof top deck is a cool place to hang out and enjoy breakfast. Cool little nooks on main level to hang out, too. Pool is nice but we didn't use it (too cold). Michele (owner/manager?) was extremely helpful before our trip (which we had to postpone once and she was very accommodating). The staff, Mohammed and Hachmid (sp?) were excellent attending to our very need and great with kids, too.
This is a first class operation and a very convenient way to see Marrakesh. We would not hesitate to return despite the many many options available there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Really is a truly amazing treat hidden behind a small wooden front door. The staff are amazingly courteous, helpful and friendly, the rooms are beautifully done out and all unique. The food is good, and breakfasts on the roof lovely. Would HIGHLY recommend it as a place ot stay - great location, very relaxing... just perfect!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

RIad Dixneuf is such a beautiful Riad that I'm not surprised it has featured in numerous magazine shoots. We stayed there on honeymoon in October and just fell in love with the place. The beauty of the Riad is one thing but the helpfulness of the staff (Mohammed in particular), and the gorgeous breakfast really adds to the whole experience. We stayed in one of the suites (Menzah) which was furnished beautifully, remained cool even in the heat of the day and had the most devine body lotions, shampoo etc available for guests. The riad is in a great location for the square (there is a shortcut round the back alleys), the souks and if you want to venture outside the city walls you can walk for 2 mins and you'll find a taxi. It's in a good part of town where locals and tourists live happily side by side without being hassled. Thierry, the Riad manager should also get a mention for always being available to help with our questions and for sorting out our car hire. A lovely, kind man. We only ate dinner once at the Riad as we wanted to try as many places as possible. Dinner was delicious but it's the memory of the breakfast pancakes, fresh orange juice and yoghurt while sitting on the roof terrace overlooking Marrakech's rooftops that I'll remember for a long time to come. Book Riad Dixneuf - you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Foster City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

One can't help but relax upon entering this peaceful haven. Check-in entailed sipping mint tea by the pool while surrounded by beautiful bougainvillea and banana plants. The rooms were simply done but elegant. Breakfast included fresh squeezed orange juice and could be had on the rooftop terrace which overlooks the city. Dinner is highly recommended as the Riad serves tasty traditional Moroccan food. Staff members were extremely attentive and went above and beyond to ensure that our every need was met. By the end of our stay we felt like family. The location was ideal as it was minutes away from the souks and Jamma El Fna. This is the perfect Riad if you are seeking peaceful surroundings in a great location.

• Stayed October 2010
bibsMontpellier, Owner at Riad Dixneuf La Ksour, responded to this review, November 28, 2010
Thank you so much for your comment on tripadvisor.
We are happy and honored to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Brigitte Bourger

Been to Riad Dixneuf La Ksour? Share your experiences!