“A stunning haven in the medina” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dixneuf La Ksour

You added Riad Dixneuf La Ksour to your Saves list
Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Derb Sania No. 16 | Bab Ksour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #25 of 1,120 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gibraltar
“A stunning haven in the medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a 5 night break in Marrakech. This was my first visit and we could not have chosen a better place to stay. What makes Dixneuf la Ksour stand out is twofold - the stunning design of the property (we stayed in the Sabah superior room) and the uber-efficient manager Eva and her team. I arrived late at night on my own as my partner had to wait at the airport for his missing luggage. This was no problem at all as I was met at the entrance to medina (Bab Ksour) by night porter Anouar and taken to the riad. He likewise met my partner when his luggage had finally arrived on a later flight.
The design of the riad and our room is simple yet sophisticated. The standout feature for me was the bathroom in the Sabah room - a rhapsody in black marble reached by going downstairs withint the room. The domestic staff were always smiling and could not do enough for us - knowing also when to leave us alone. We enjoyed breakfast (which varied every day) on the riad's roof terrace with fantastic views over the medina and to the Atlas mountains. One particular highlight was taking the cookery class one evening with the chef Atika. She and Mustafa who assisted us, made sure that we got the most out of the experience and then served us the food we had helped to prepare in one of the lounges in front of a blazing log fire.
In short, we will be recommending the riad to as many of our friends who will listen - we are sure they (and readers of Trip Advisor) will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Sabah superior room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

I have stayed in Dixneuf La Ksour for five days on a business trip... Been to Marrakesh before, but this time wanted to stay not in the Hivernage area but in the "real city". Dixneuf La Ksour was the perfect choice... Eva, the manager, well, more the house holder was so warm and helped with all of my small issues like arranging a taxi to take me to the fair I had to attend and take me back every evening, take me to business dinners and then back to the hotel. Drivers were kind, helpful -took me to the hotel door at nights even though ithat street is not open to vehicles normally - so I felt very safe as I was travelling alone. Dixneuf la Ksour is a very small property, so if you require the crown and dynamism of a hotel lobby, you wont find it. But you will feel at home, with very nice people around you, all eager to please and assist you in your needs. Inner courtyard is marvellous, take time to enjoy it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Leon room, very spacious for one oerson or a couple. Wardrobes a bit small and there...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 days at Riad Dixneuf. The riad is very well located in the Medina, has a swimming pool in house and has a an modern elegant design. As other reviewers have pointed out, it is the truly excellent level of service that raises this riad above others we have stayed at. Eva is a brilliantly attentive and professional manager/host whose knowledge of Marrakesh will ensure that you eat, drink and spend time in the best places. All the staff are superb and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Breakfast at the roof terrace looking to the atlas mountains is a treat and the dinner at the riad is good. The roof terrace has comfortable beds with towels and even hats. There is another very good french restaurant Flore quite close to the Riad. In short: all you can wish for.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I visited Riad Dixnuef last week with my wife so thought it best to leave a review while it is still fresh in my memory!

The beauty of this place lies in the service. Months before we arrived, manager Eva had already begun the process of asking if we would like any food etc when we arrived as well as suggesting activities and places to visit.

When we arrived, sure enough, the transfer from the airport was waiting and we were served lovely food - helping us relax straight away.

The riad is beautifully designed and decorated - an absolutely perfect get away from the manic streets of the Medina. On top of this the service is probably the friendliest and most attentive I've had in a hotel. I usually stay in larger chain hotels so this was a bit different for me, but infinitely better. Eva suggested places to visit and eat that she thought would suit us and she was spot on. She also made a point of saying hello and asking us how we were every day. The rest of the staff at the riad were equally excellent - nothing was too much trouble - they really were excellent.

If we return to Marrakech, we'll be staying here again. But for now we'll have to pretend we're still there with the scented oil candle we were given as a gift!

Room Tip: If you're unsure just email and ask!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a beautiful designed Riad in the perfect location and with great potential.
However there are 2 shortcomings:

- whilst the common areas are beautifully decorated & full of character, the actual room that I stayed in (Hamma) was very very plain (white walls, white bed, simple furniture, no courtains, no decoration). It also completely lacked privacy - you either need to keep window shutters open or be in the room with no natural light whatsoever.

- the local staff are very polite & helpful but the manager (a french lady) is arrogant and insincere.
Be mindful of being charged unnecessarily high rates for any extras. I've asked if I can get assistence in getting a taxi to the airport and then without any notice & further clarification found 220R added to my bill at the check out. FYI usual taxi rate to the airport is 60-80R! These practices make no-one rich but certainly leave a bitter aftertaste...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
brigitteb19, Propriétaire at Riad Dixneuf La Ksour, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Madam,

Thank you for choosing our riad to spend some of your holidays in Marrakech.
We are very sorry to read that your stay has not matched your expectations and we certainly take your comments into consideration.

Regarding the decoration, which has been unanimously recognised by numerous newspaper articles, it has been specially designed to keep some " sobriety" which precisely makes the difference with many riads in the city.
The pictures of the riad on the riad’s website, on tripadvisor or on booking centers are not misleading and we can only regret that you didn’t like the choice you made.

Regarding the services offered at the riad, we tried to provide our customers with a service equivalent to the ones in the best hotels.
This includes a number of free services and other billable services (massages, excursions, transfers). Prices are specified on site or by email at the time of booking the trip.
Regarding booking a mini-van with a private driver, it allows our guests to arrive or depart in excellent conditions, thereby avoiding circulating in the medina with their luggage to get a taxi, whose price can be very fluctuating and may even exceed the limousine service that we offer.

As soon as we saw your comment, we immediately checked your bill and we were relieved to see that no extra service had been added. We can of course send you a copy of it, which will remove the bad feeling of having been wrongly charged.

The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. The whole team managed by Eva gives all its energy to cherish everyone who stays in our Riad and our guests are usually very happy.
Best regards
Brigitte Bourger
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

A friend and i stayed at Riad Dixneuf last week. The riad itself is very well located and has a clean and elegant design. We stayed in the twin Sabah room, which has a beautiful bathroom and is very comfortable. As other reviewers have pointed out, it is the truly excellent level of service that raises this riad above others we have stayed at. Eva is a brilliantly attentive and professional manager/host whose knowledge of Marrakesh will ensure that you eat, drink and spend time in the best places. All the staff are superb and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Breakfast is great and dinner at the riad was one of the best tagines we have ever tasted. It genuinely feels like you're staying in the house of a friend, who wants to treat you and show the best that the city has to offer. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can verify that all the previous positive comments about the Riad are spot on. The riad is beautifully decorated and has a tranquil atmosphere. It is a short walk from the souks, the main square and restaurants for meals out. The breakfasts varied from day to day but were always good with fresh fruit, juices and local breads/pancakes. The staff were so incredibly friendly and helpful, genuinely nothing was too much trouble. Eva the manageress went out of her way to book hammans, tables and taxis - she is a good judge of the best places to go! We would go back tomorrow if we could!

Room Tip: I wouldn't worry, all the rooms are bound to be excellent!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Dixneuf La Ksour? Share your experiences!