“A Fantastic Riad in the Heart of the Medina” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dixneuf La Ksour

You added Riad Dixneuf La Ksour to your Saves list
Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Derb Sania No. 16 | Bab Ksour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #26 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“A Fantastic Riad in the Heart of the Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed in the medersa suite for three nights mid February and could not recommend this riad highly enough. The lovely Eva and her team were the perfect hosts and treat guests as though you are family. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They go out of their way to help. The riad itself is beautifully designed by famous architects and the level of service more than matches the exemplary surroundings. The souks and the main square are just round the corner so you can pop in and out with ease. The view from the terrace is a sight to behold!

We had a fantastic stay and would return in the blink of an eye.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I chose Riad Dixneuf after my booking at another riad fell through, and by the end of my stay I couldn't have been gladder that I stayed here instead. We stayed for a total of five nights, and the stay was perfect from start to finish. The riad was conveniently located on a wide street within the medina, with many attractions being within walking distance.The riad itself was utterly gorgeous and incredibly tranquil, especially after the long days we spent outside. The rooms themselves were perfect and clearly decorated with a lot of care. As stunning as the riad was, the service was even better. Eva, Mustafa, and Mohammed were brilliant and incredibly helpful, helping us with anything and everything from planning day trips to making restaurant bookings. I could go on about the service at length, but I'd rather focus on the food. The breakfasts that I had here were one of the main highlights of my entire trip to Morocco, and I'm still missing them weeks after. The best meal I had in Morocco consisted of Atika's chicken tagine and her amazing dessert pastilla. So in short, thank you all for making my stay in Marrakesh so wonderful. I will hopefully be back, and in the meantime will be sending everyone I know to Dixneuf La Ksour.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Riad Dixneuf, May '12'. It was brilliant...!

We chose it, as we had read how close it is to the medina and it turned out to be even closer and so well hidden, you would never even know it was there. From the minute we walked through the 'oldy worldy' front door we were happy in every way.

The Riad is furnished and decorated to a very high standard, the staff were all very helpful and friendly, the food we ate there was great, plenty of which is homemade and very fresh, I suggested I'd like a simple steak, chips and salad one evening and that was not a problem. Only thing to watch out for is the price of small bottled beer at 6 euros each its easy to run up a rather large tab in the heat and at those prices, however, you'll find most places around the medina and in the new city charge the same.

Our room was very comfortable and was cleaned every day. Nothing was too much trouble for Riad Dixneuf team, who were so helpful and polite, it made us smile.

The pool is very quaint and the roof terrace was a great retreat, many guests chose to dine on the roof terrace, which really made the staff work for there dirhams. If we ever return to Marrakech, we will be heading straight for Riad Dixneuf La Ksour.

Thank You All For a Wonderful Experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The service was impeccable from the moment I arrived - nothing was too much trouble, Mohammed, Mustapha and Eva made my stay truly special and gave me some great advice on the city. I was a bit nervous about traveling to Marrakesh on my own, but the Riad was in a great location on a well lit street not far from the centre of the medina and was really easy to find. For me, Dixneuf provided an oasis of calm in the middle of a crazy, wonderful city.

The Riad is stunning, full of great little unique design details and special touches (I loved the bath robes)! Breakfast was delicious - the home made yoghurt was out of this world - and lunch was simply the best food I ate my whole time in Morocco (the chicken tagine was spiced and seasoned to perfection). The Riad only has six rooms, so it feels intimate and homely - I'm sure if the place was larger it would be rated #1 on tripadvisor, but if it had more rooms it wouldn't be nearly as special. I stayed in the Tanger room which was the perfect size for me - I took a peek at the other bedrooms and they were all stunning. The roof terrace made a great spot to soak up the sun, or retreat into the shade and the library made a really cosy spot for a drink before venturing into the square to watch a magical evening unfurl. I couldn't fault anything about my stay and am already planning when I can come back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

...or at least that is the way it felt.
The Riad itself is straight out of a design magazine and is truly stunning in its mixture of traditional and contemporary design, its looks much older but is in fact only 4 years old. the manager Eva was incredibly helpful from the moment we arrived as well as Mohammad and Mustapha her assistants. I was in a party of 5 and for most of out three night stay we had the place to ourselves and everyone was very helpful and not intrusive. I strongly recommend that you get the hotel to arrange for a guide to show you the sites of the medina, our guide Ali was great and we had him for 5 hours and were charged 50 Euro's intotal for 5 of us, so great value for money. Breakfast was also very good. The rooms themselves are all individually designed and vary in size, if I did have a couple of very minor complaints it would be the mattresses on all the beds were incredibly hard and unforgiving and often we would run out of hot water during the second shower of the evening so I think they need bigger water tanks.However overall this is a fantastic place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Entering this riad close to the edge of the medina, the wow factor is guaranteed: one passes through the door to enter a fairy tale decor of a candle-lit pool surrounded at the first floor by the guestrooms, which by themselves are well furnished in a traditional style but without being busy. Breakfast by the pool, dinner by the fire or coffee on the terrace were fantastic. Bed was comfortable, towels were soft and toiletries very nice, cooking was fine. But the true wow is for the people: under the watchful eye of Eva, who can arrange everything from airport pickups to medina tours and emergency hospital visits (yes, anything can happen on a trip...), are Mohammed, Mustafa, Fatima and the rest of the team who smile, keep things orderly and are there for anything. Just wow!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
brigitteb19, Propriétaire at Riad Dixneuf La Ksour, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thanks for your "wow" message Camilla. All the staff was delighted to meet you and did appreciate your good mood and in all circumstances ! And yes, we try to arrange everything for our guests, even when not expected like emergency hospital "tour" with private car in front of the door! We were glad that it went all fine and more frightened than hurt hopefully. Take care. Kindest regards.
Brigitte
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I visited Marrakech at the end of Dec and chose to stay at Riad Dixneuf. Our stay was fantastic thanks to the efforts made by Eva, Muhammed, Mustafa, Atika and the rest of the staff. We were so well taken care of and everybody went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, and enjoyable. Eva did a great job in helping us organize our day tours, making reservations for dinner, and generally guide us on things we should do/see.
Chef Atika deserves a special mention for her extremely delicious food. We ate at a few different places within Marrakech but food cooked by her was just incredible – simple and tasty.
The Riad itself is immaculate and incredibly well maintained. We enjoyed every moment of staying at Dixneuf. It felt like staying at a Moroccan home with fun loving people around. We would highly recommend the Riad to all our friends, family and anybody looking to visit Marrakech!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Dixneuf La Ksour? Share your experiences!