“Wow factor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dixneuf La Ksour

Save Saved
You added Riad Dixneuf La Ksour to your Saves list
Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Derb Sania No. 16 | Bab Ksour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #29 of 1,043 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bucharest, Romania
“Wow factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Entering this riad close to the edge of the medina, the wow factor is guaranteed: one passes through the door to enter a fairy tale decor of a candle-lit pool surrounded at the first floor by the guestrooms, which by themselves are well furnished in a traditional style but without being busy. Breakfast by the pool, dinner by the fire or coffee on the terrace were fantastic. Bed was comfortable, towels were soft and toiletries very nice, cooking was fine. But the true wow is for the people: under the watchful eye of Eva, who can arrange everything from airport pickups to medina tours and emergency hospital visits (yes, anything can happen on a trip...), are Mohammed, Mustafa, Fatima and the rest of the team who smile, keep things orderly and are there for anything. Just wow!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
brigitteb19, Propriétaire at Riad Dixneuf La Ksour, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thanks for your "wow" message Camilla. All the staff was delighted to meet you and did appreciate your good mood and in all circumstances ! And yes, we try to arrange everything for our guests, even when not expected like emergency hospital "tour" with private car in front of the door! We were glad that it went all fine and more frightened than hurt hopefully. Take care. Kindest regards.
Brigitte

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I visited Marrakech at the end of Dec and chose to stay at Riad Dixneuf. Our stay was fantastic thanks to the efforts made by Eva, Muhammed, Mustafa, Atika and the rest of the staff. We were so well taken care of and everybody went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, and enjoyable. Eva did a great job in helping us organize our day tours, making reservations for dinner, and generally guide us on things we should do/see.
Chef Atika deserves a special mention for her extremely delicious food. We ate at a few different places within Marrakech but food cooked by her was just incredible – simple and tasty.
The Riad itself is immaculate and incredibly well maintained. We enjoyed every moment of staying at Dixneuf. It felt like staying at a Moroccan home with fun loving people around. We would highly recommend the Riad to all our friends, family and anybody looking to visit Marrakech!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My partner and 19 month old son visited riad Dixneuf in October this year for one week. The riad itself is stunning. The location is perfect walking distance from the medina yet it is in a very peaceful location. The roof terrace is great for soaking up the sun and for admiring the views of the medina at night. The breakfast is simple but pleasant (although if I was being very fussy I would of loved a slightly healthier alternative). All the staff were extremely helpful, particularly Mustafa (apologies if this is spelt incorrectly), who went out of his way to retrieve our sons beloved 'glowbug' after we left it in a taxi on an evening out. Mustafa also showed us round the food markets which was fantastic! I would highly recommend this riad and would like to thank all the staff at Dixneuf for making our stay so memorable!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed few nights end Nov 2012 in Riad Dixneuf for my sister's birthday where both of us were joined by other friends.The stay was stunning from start to end.
The general manager Eva, the Riad and all the staff (chef included) were just amazing in welcoming us, guiding us, advising us and making sure all details were covered.
We felt as being part of a family in a joyful, lovely, peaceful, high standard service and gorgeous beautifully decorated suites & rooms.
I will definitely go back and advise anyone to do so.
It's a special Riad to discover and enjoy such as Marrakech!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

A fantastic place to stay,full of charm and character. The welcome on arrival sets the tone for the whole stay. Nothing is too much trouble for the attentive staff who go out of their way to ensure you have a wonderful time in Marrakech. The biggest surprise was the extremely high standard of cuisine which was superb accompanied by first class service. I cannot recommend it highly enough and would return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I have been privileged to stay at many of the finest places around the world. This is the first time I have stayed in a Riad and this one is up there with the top places to stay in the world. Eva, the Manager and her crew (Mustafa & Mohamed) are exceptional. The level of personal and caring service is unprecedented. The chef (Atiqua) deserves a medal. I have never tasted such great food. My only negative comment, Is that the menu should contain a "Western" option. After a few days, Tagine and the few other Morrocon delicacies (as good as they can be) can become monotonous. Overall the ambience of this small but perfect retreat is fantastic.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I am a fussy and often critical New Yorker... and I could not find fault with Riad Dixneuf La Ksour if I wanted to. The riad itself is elegant and peaceful; its situation within the Medina is perfect; the service provided by Eva, Mustafa, Mohammed and the riad's other staff is impeccable (warm but unintrusive, and extremely thoughtful); and the food was the best I ate in Morocco (notably, I ate at La Mamounia, which was good, but Riad Dixneuf La Ksour was in my view bettter). My only hesitancy in writing this review is that I want to make sure I can still get a reservation in the spring! In short, for an unparalleled experience in Marrakech, this traveller's view is that Riad Dixneuf La Ksour is the obvious choice...

Room Tip: I stayed in the Ummah room, which was lovely for one person, but would also be perfectly adequate fo...