“The very best place to stay in Marrakesh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dixneuf La Ksour

You added Riad Dixneuf La Ksour to your Saves list
Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Derb Sania No. 16 | Bab Ksour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #24 of 1,123 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The very best place to stay in Marrakesh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed in Riad dixneuf laksour from march 29th untill april 5th 2011. We seriously recommend this riad to anyone who appreciates serenity, friendly staff, impeccable service, delicious homemade food and beautifully decorated interior. It's also one of the best locations in Marrakessh strategicwise; 5 minutes walk to Jamaa el Fnaa, 10 minutes to Hivernage and Gueliz by taxi. The Riad has five rooms, a patio with a small pool and a terrace from which you can see the Koutoubia mosque and on a clear day even the Atlas mountains. From the very first day the staff made us feel very welcome. Hassan, Mohammed, Atika and the rest went out of their way to make us feel at home. Next time we go to Marrakesh , we are surely staying here again.

Abdelaziz & Saida

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

Great Riad, beautiful decor. Great location, close enough to walk to the djemaa el fna, souks and central sights and far enough away to be quiet, and the staff are fantastic. They are such lovely people, and make you feel so welcomed and nothing is too much trouble for them. We had our breakfasts there which were delicious on the roof terrace. We stayed in Umma room, which was very nice (a bit Hotel du Vin in styling?) I would definately recommend staying at Riad dixneuf la Ksour.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Thouroughly enjoyed our stay here in the heart of Marrakesh. Don't let the arrival down the narrow alleyway put you off, as once we arrived the staff were friendly, most helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay memorable and comfortable. We were welcomed with mint tea on arrival, and the food in the riad was excellent. A fabulous breakfast was served every morning on the roof terrace, and we enjoyed a delicious dinner in the riad one evening. The room was lovely, as was the whole riad, very relaxing, and the courtyard with the small pool was so peaceful, especially after a day out in the city. Great location, close to the central square and the souks (where we ended getting lost more than once!).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

Just returned from Marrakech after a 4 day stay. Fantastic time had by all, just a pity we arrived when the rain did! Marrakech itself is certainly an eye opener, really thought we had seen it all on our worldly travels but obviously not! Returning to Riad Dixneuf La Ksour after exploring each day was just heaven. Definately the nicest place we have ever stayed. The riad is beautiful, so tranquil and charming. The staff can't do enough for you, they even gave us lessons on how to master their infamous mint tea! Don't eat anywhere else as the food in Riad Dixneuf is the best in the city - picked fresh from the market each day. Don't let the walk down to the Riad put you off, as it can be a little scary (very dark busy lane), it is so worth the adrenaline rush when you enter. Definately a 5 star experience and well deserved of all the excellent reviews.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My 1st visit to Marrakech and really my 1st experience of a Riad. The friendlyness of the host (hassan) was excellent and local knowledge was very useful. Location is perfect and central to verything. We walked most of the time. Accomadation was better than expected and the food was excellent. What struck me most about this Riad is the sense of peacefullness that decended upon arrival and really set the tone for the rest of our short break. I cannot recommend this place more . If you are looking for a retreat after the hustle and bustle of a crazy city, look no further.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I have been back in NYC for several days, and pondering how best to write a review that will sum up my experience staying at this Riad. Words just are not enough, as much of what I experienced has to do with feelings and sense.

There are so many small things that truly made my stay one that I will never forget. As you can see from the website the rooms are very nice. They are also much more spacious than they actually appear. I stayed in the Leon Suite.

Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh mint tea, house made pastries and a quick conversation with our host letting us know a bit about where we were staying and were given a map.

Every day that followed was perfect. Each morning we ate our breakfast on the roof terrace (included in the fee) which was comprised of more delicious mint tea, tasty pastries, delicious yogurt, and fresh fruit all made at the Riad by the very talented chef. It was served by the very kind and charming Hassan each morning.

Hassan was also kind enough to show me around the souks, and teach me a few things about Morocco (including tips on how to use my new tagine that he helped me purchase).
Please note that each staff person was terrific, not just Hassan.

Our room was kept spotless. The robes in our room were very comfortable (I actually purchased one because I just couldn't part with it after wearing one during my stay). There was a rose bush outside our door which I stopped and smelled every time before entering our room. As someone that lives in the chaos of NYC, taking the time to smell a rose is not something I get to do every day. There are lovely flowers throughout the Riad.

The food they served at the Riad was some of the best that I had during my stay in Morocco. And, if you have time I highly suggest that you take one of the lessons offered by the chef-you will not regret it.

When we would return to the Riad after a long day of walking around we were greeted upon request with either wine or beer, and nuts that we would enjoy on the roof terrace while watching the sun go down.

Every single staff person at this wonderful place, is very kind, efficient, and truly make a person feel welcome.

I was somewhat nervous about traveling to Morocco as a woman but after only being in the city for a few hours I found that my concern was unnecessary.
Especially, due to the fact that I would return every day to such a wonderful and safe place.

I was truly sad when I had to leave this Riad that I called home for awhile and hope to return someday. -Saije

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Burton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for four nights at the beginning of March. From the moment we booked, Michele, the manager kept in touch via email answering any questions we had and organising our airport transfer and a meal for the evening of our arrival. On arrival we were met at the airport and transfered to the Medina. From the city gate we were taken to the Riad on foot as cars can't get down the narrow streets of the Medina. We were escorted by Hassan, a member of the Riad team who was so helpful and friendly. On arriving at the Riad we were delighted with it. It is beautiful. Hassan gave us mint tea and some Morrocan pastries and pointed out all the sight seeing things to do on a map. After settling in to our room (which was lovely) we had a delicious meal cooked by Attica, the Riads cook.
Everywhere in the Riad was spotless (they seemed to be having a spring clean whilst we were there). The cleaners were also friendly and helpful.
Michele, the manager was always at hand if needed, and recommended us a lovely restaurant at Maison Arabe, where we had an amazing Morrocan feast.
Hassan was so helpful and friendly, he really couldn't do enough to make sure our stay was comfortable.
The breakfasts were delicious and filling, the highlight of every morning....strolling up to the roof terrace to enjoy breakfast in the sun!
I would definitely recommend this Riad to a friend and will be staying here again if I return to Marrakech (which hopefully I will!).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dixneuf La Ksour? Share your experiences!