“Wow, total indulgence at unbelievable value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Couleurs du Sud

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Couleurs du Sud
Save Saved
You added Riad Couleurs du Sud to your Saves list
229 Arset Ihiri | Arset Ben Brahim Bab Doukala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #602 of 1,066 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Redhill, Surrey
“Wow, total indulgence at unbelievable value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stayed at the Riad Couleurs Du Sud for 3 nights with 5 friends in September. Having booked direct with the owners, M. & Mme Clerel, I had a good feeling about the trip right from the start, as the correspondence was so prompt, good humoured and helpful. And I can say wholeheartedly that we were not disappointed.
We had the whole house to ourselves, apart from the 4 discreet staff, who catered to our every need, and were on hand to book excursions, provide delicious meals, and basically satisfy our every request. I have tried to sum up the beauty of the place below, but the only way you can really appreciate this gem is to visit yourselves.
The Riad Couleurs du Sud is simply an oasis of comfort and calm in the mayhem of the medina. Situated amongst the maze of passageways within the old city walls, the house sits in a quieter area, still within easy reach of all Marrakech has to offer.
Walking through the unassuming door, you are greeted by the friendly smiles of the staff, the aroma of Jasmine oil, and a glass of mint tea.The traditionally decorated rooms and gorgeous bathrooms can be glimpsed behind swaying curtains of chiffon, and the courtyard pool, surrounded by lanterns is a welcome pleasure after a hot day of sightseeing, and quite magical as night falls.
There are no noises here to disturb you except the occasional bird, and the faint sound of the call to prayer.
More delights can be found on the roof terrace, where sun beds and a cooling shower await, along with a shady tented corner for when the the sun gets too much. And, hidden behind a door on the roof, is a small treatment room. My friends and I all had traditional massages, arranged at the drop of a hat by the very helpful Mustapha.
Tasty food, and great local wines await you if you choose to take meals there, and the breakfast spread with freshly squeezed orange juice and aromatic coffee is waiting for you each morning in the cool of the courtyard.
There is so much more I could write, but I hope I have conveyed what a wonderful place this riad is.
And finally, If I told you how much it cost for all this luxury and attentiveness, you probably wouldn't believe me, so I will leave you to find out for yourselves!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Riad Couleurs du Sud? Share your experiences!