“Quiet retreat in a buzzing city” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #183 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Quiet retreat in a buzzing city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

A gorgeous ryad with fabulous outdoor space. I'm glad I booked an airport shuttle as I realized I would never find the ryad on my own the first time. The ryad was located in a maze of small streets, about 10 minutes walk from the Djemaa El-Fna square.

The first thing I noticed was how beautiful it was. The room was not super big, but it was clean and comfortable with a spacious bathroom. And we kind of had our own private courtyard. I did discover some ants in a box of Morrocan sweets we bought 2 days ago, but since it was a ground floor room it could happen of course.

Every time we came back to the ryad, we were offered mint tea. Perfect to wind down after the city buzz. We didn't try dinner there, but breakfast was lovely especially the pancakes!

The staff definitely were eager to go the extra mile for any of our requests. They were the ones who made the stay so pleasurable. Especially Khalil, the night porter. Always ready to join us with some mint tea and to share Moroccan traditions and tales. Very friendly and eager to help.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Woodstock, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at Riad Anya in October 2012. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and went out of their way to ensure a wonderful visit. We were greeted with mint tea and delicous homemade treats. The riad was beautiful - elegant, tranquil and safe. The bedrooms were just beautiful and the bathrooms were spacious and very clean (they have the most amazing smelling soap from Les Sens Marrakesh). My friend and I went spent the afternoon lying in the sun on the riad terrace before enjoying a fabulous hammam and massage by Lubna - we HIGHLY recommend this experience with this lady. Afterwards, we wandered out to the nearby restaurants and medina. My Moroccan friend and his mother joined us later that evening and he and I became engaged at the riad! The setting was like something out of a movie. You could smell the jasmine and see the beautiful night sky from the private alcove (decorated with pillows and lamps); a small pool made it all perfect. Breakfast was delicious and filling. Jamila and her staff could not have been more helpful or discrete. We very much enjoyed our stay at the riad and I hope that my fiance and I will celebrate our wedding reception there!
Julie, Hassan, Fatima and Halima

Room Tip: The rooftop room is spectacular - large, airy and private. Very intimate and romantic. Perfect for c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

After having read that many riads are not family friendly, we were a bit nervous about bringing our 15 month old to Riad Anya. However, we were immediately welcomed by staff. The staff were affectionate and friendly with our baby. We were given a room on the ground floor (convenient for avoiding having to carry the stroller up flights of stairs) in the far back adjacent to a courtyard which was enclosed so it felt as if it was our own private courtyard for the baby to roam around. It was also situated away from the common areas and dipping pool so the baby wouldn't risk getting into trouble or disturbing other guests.

We were provided with a travel cot for the baby which was clean and sturdy. Unfortunately, our room had a shower so luckily we brought an inflatable bathtub.

The only complaints was that a print out of the bill couldn't be provided (printer was down) and I was only given the receipt of payment. The final amount was slightly more than what I was shown by reception.The other issue was a minor ant problem in the room.

The perks...the riad is located outside of the city center so it's a quiet area. It's not a far walk from the Jemaa el Fna square but complicated to cross streets with a stroller. It's also a 2-3 minute walk from a hospital which was comforting to know if there was an emergency with the baby.

Room Tip: Ground floor room at far back next to small courtyard is better for those traveling with babies.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hitchin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This was our favourite Riad of all the ones we stayed in on our trip round Morocco. It was stunningly attractive and had a lovely spacious terrace.Our room was compact, but clean and comfortable with a little table and chairs on the bacony outside. We had a Hamman and massage which was very relaxing and enjoyable as well as cooking lesson from the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone was really friendly and helpful. The plunge pool was very welcome after a hot day wandering round Marrakech. It was a 10 15 minute walk to the square, but straightforward enough and we felt quite comfortable walking around the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed for two nights at Riad Anya, Marrakech, which was chosen by my travel agent, and prior to this, I had stayed in two other riads: in Meknes and Fes. Even though the reception was efficient and friendly, when I entered the property, I didn't have the warm welcoming feeling, and the moment I entered the room, it was so 'standard' (as I travelled by myself, I didn't mind as I didn't intend to stay in the riad during my stay at Marrakech, but I'd have felt guilty if I have someone else traveling with me - in justifying why I picked this place). The nice thing was that I got the room on the ground floor which has a connecting terrace next to the Restaurant. Before I left, I had looked at their rooftop terrace and found it quite interesting - perhaps when the weather is less cold.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

On a business trip to Marrakech, this riad was selected for me by our travel facilitator. We had difficulty finding it (down a narrow, dead end street and then two winding alleys later......).

The rooms are just okay - nothing memorable - located as they usually are in riads around a central courtyard. Breakfast was spartan and service was slow. Check out was convoluted and they had to recalculate my bill three times.

No phone or TV (thank goodness) in the room, which made communication with my business colleague problematical.

Room Tip: Can't help you there!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Armidale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed at Riad Anya evenings Friday 8 July through until Thursday 14 July, 2011. Myself, my husband and 22 year old daughter were travelling from Australia. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful to us and made us feel so welcome and at home. Jamila was helpful in helping me organise a couple of day trips and made helped me feel confident travelling in Morocco. Khalil, of Riad Anya is a true gentleman, so polite and respectful and so willing to serve us and be of assistance.

The accommodation is very comfortable and it was good to come back to the Riad after negotiating the streets of Marrakesh. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Riad Anya? Share your experiences!