Very nice riad in romantic oriental style, in a quiet area of the very vibrant Medina, yet close enough to the central square Jemaa El Fna. Beautiful and comfortable rooms, beautiful patio and beautiful terrace on the roof, where breakfast is served under a shrine in the sun. The whole place has a very romantic, oriental feeling. Also very nice: wireless internet throughout the building, and free use of their computer if you did not bring your own laptop.
But if there is one thing that makes this a great place to stay, then it is the quality of the staff: Paolo (the owner), Mohammed, Ismael and the two cleaning ladies are very friendly and they really give the best of themselves to attend to each and every need of their clients. Just a couple examples for illustration:
* we were picked up from the airport by a taxi arranged by the riad, and in the same way brought back at the end of our stay; this was included in the service
* Upon arrival, Mohammed gave us not only a tour of our suite and of the riad, but also a map and an explanation of the most interesting places to visit and useful do's and don'ts when visiting the city as tourists, plus an offer to organise sightseeings if we wanted
* Every day when we came back in our rooms, the place was cleaned to perfection, soft lights turned on and fresh flower petals on our bed and in the bathroom
* the first days, when we did not know our way around the city yet, we were walked to the restaurant, the central square, the spa, ... by Mohamed or Ismael, who meanwhile explained us all they could about the city
* Breakfast in the warm morning sun was simple but nice, but Ismael and the ladies were ready to bring us whatever add-ons we liked: fruit, omelet, ...
* We had to leave very early in the morning, but Ismael got up at 4h00 to bring us coffee and thee in our room ...
Paulo, your staff is super! Make sure you take care of them!
This was our first trip to Morocco, but the wonderful Medina of Marrakech and our great stay in Riad 58 Blu made us decide that it will certainly not be our last...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enter Riad 58 blu, discover this little treasure, this relaxing oasis in the very earth of the lively medina, just a few steps from the excitement of the famous Jema el Fna square.Let yourself be captivated by the magic of its Moorish style and by the warm welcome of Paolo and Cinzia: Paolo Lombatti, its Italian owner who, after ten years experience in Morocco, will suggest you to take advantage of your stay in Marrakech and how to discover its surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Riad 58 Blu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad 58 Blu Marrakech
- Riad 58 Blu Hotel Marrakech